Cheap Wireless Router for thick walls

Hi. I don't know very much about Wireless Routers and network stuff but I want to ask you something....... I want to get use by my 300Mbps speed that I pay for it and to buy a new WiFi router. But I have a major issue.... the walls..... I live with my parents in an quite old building ( it's up since 2006) and the walls are reinforced (I mean they have a lot of steel in them)  so the signal in others room is poor. Can you give some suggestions about routers? I have taught about Ubiquity UiFy long range. Will it make it done? 

P.S. I don't want to spent too much money on it because I'll move on my own in one year so I don't want to spend money on someting that I will leave here and not used :)

Thanks in advance,

KrYpToCiD ;)

Wiring another AP is what I'd do. Routers are anything but cheap, super overpriced unless you build one.

i7 2600k @ 5GHz 1.49v - EVGA GTX 1070 ACX 3.0 - 16GB DDR3 2000MHz Corsair Vengence

Asus p8z77-v lk - 480GB Samsung 870 EVO w/ W10 LTSC - 2x1TB HDD storage - 240GB SATA SSD w/ W7 - EVGA 650w 80+G G2

3x 1080p 60hz Viewsonic LCDs, 1 glorious Dell CRT running at anywhere from 60hz to 120hz

Model M w/ Soarer's adapter - Logitch g502 - Audio-Techinca M20X - Cambridge SoundWorks speakers w/ woofer

How is 2006 an old building? That's practically brand new here in the UK. 

If you already have a router (I'm assuming you do, as you're talking about a new one, rather than just getting one), I would suggest adding a dedicated access point (AP) rather than buying an entire router just for the access point part of it (the part that provides a wireless signal). 

Have a look at a Ubiquiti UniFi AP AC Pro. If that's too much, look at the UniFi AP AC LITE. Even though both are fairly pricey, you can take them with you when you move as they're a separate unit from the router, rather than replacing it. They plug into the router and provide a wireless signal for you to connect to. Best to position it as close to you as possible. If your parents are okay with you drilling holes in the wall or running a cable around the house, I would advise doing so to get it closer to you. (if you can get a cable into your room, I would advise just connecting your computer via an ethernet cable and not using WiFi) 

1 minute ago, 2Buck said:

Wiring another AP is what I'd do. Routers are anything but cheap, super overpriced unless you build one.

Umm okkk. I might not explain right... I mean I need something that can give me strong signal through thick walls and be under 100-120$ that is all :)))

1 minute ago, KrYpToCiD said:

Umm okkk. I might not explain right... I mean I need something that can give me strong signal through thick walls and be under 100-120$ that is all :)))

Wire the AP to the next room if possible. An AP (short for access point) is another point where you can connect to your router, you can add them to weak wifi areas of your house. You can get some pretty great ones from TPLink for 40$ and even less than that. If you pay more for a AP they can be even stronger.

If you wanna just replace the router, well you're not going to get much better for that price. Good routers can cost over 300$ and they're still not as good as a custom PF Sense one.

i7 2600k @ 5GHz 1.49v - EVGA GTX 1070 ACX 3.0 - 16GB DDR3 2000MHz Corsair Vengence

Asus p8z77-v lk - 480GB Samsung 870 EVO w/ W10 LTSC - 2x1TB HDD storage - 240GB SATA SSD w/ W7 - EVGA 650w 80+G G2

3x 1080p 60hz Viewsonic LCDs, 1 glorious Dell CRT running at anywhere from 60hz to 120hz

Model M w/ Soarer's adapter - Logitch g502 - Audio-Techinca M20X - Cambridge SoundWorks speakers w/ woofer

11 minutes ago, Oshino Shinobu said:

How is 2006 an old building? That's practically brand new here in the UK. 

If you already have a router (I'm assuming you do, as you're talking about a new one, rather than just getting one), I would suggest adding a dedicated access point (AP) rather than buying an entire router just for the access point part of it (the part that provides a wireless signal). 

Have a look at a Ubiquiti UniFi AP AC Pro. If that's too much, look at the UniFi AP AC LITE. Even though both are fairly pricey, you can take them with you when you move as they're a separate unit from the router, rather than replacing it. They plug into the router and provide a wireless signal for you to connect to. Best to position it as close to you as possible. If your parents are okay with you drilling holes in the wall or running a cable around the house, I would advise doing so to get it closer to you. (if you can get a cable into your room, I would advise just connecting your computer via an ethernet cable and not using WiFi) 

Ok. I need to explain myself.....

All my networkgear is a TP-link  TL-WE841ND and this is kinda old......... I had fair good signal though the single wall that obscure my wifi but since last summer I've started to have issues with this.... WiFi signal was dropping and every time I was forced to force restart and by a week ago ( I've only got home yesterday form 2 week trip) and it start dropping even few times in a day so i want tomething to replace that broken router xD 

II live in Romania...... so yeah....... the building is kinda old xD T

OhL-

1 minute ago, KrYpToCiD said:

Ok. I need to explain myself.....

All my networkgear is a TP-link  TL-WE841ND and this is kinda old......... I had fair good signal though the single wall that obscure my wifi but since last summer I've started to have issues with this.... WiFi signal was dropping and every time I was forced to force restart and by a week ago ( I've only got home yesterday form 2 week trip) and it start dropping even few times in a day so i want tomething to replace that broken router xD T L-

Sounds like an issue with the router's WiFi rather than the router itself. An access point can be used to perform the functions of the router's WiFi signal, but the router itself remains the same. 

That said, you can replace the router but it's going to be pricey if you want something with as good wireless as a UniFi AC Pro (or close to it). 

Have a look at things like the Netgear R7000, Linksys WRT1900AC and ASUS RT-AC68U

8 minutes ago, Oshino Shinobu said:

Sounds like an issue with the router's WiFi rather than the router itself. An access point can be used to perform the functions of the router's WiFi signal, but the router itself remains the same. 

That said, you can replace the router but it's going to be pricey if you want something with as good wireless as a UniFi AC Pro (or close to it). 

Have a look at things like the Netgear R7000, Linksys WRT1900AC and ASUS RT-AC68U

Ok... I'll have a look on it :)))

Thanks for tip xD