How do I know if a game is 4k ?

Rotterdams

It doesnt say anything on the gaming box you buy. It only says ps4.

lets say i got a ps4 pro and a 4k tv. I only want 4k tittles, how do i know and find these? I see nothing on the official playstation website so its wierd.

The titles themselves are not what you need to worry about with 4k. That is 100% between your PS4 Pro and the TV/Monitor you are playing it on as well as the cable between if it can support 4k. If those things match up, your games will automatically play in 4k. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

Easy answer.

There isn't PS4 game that is 4k because PS4 is not capable of running games in 4k.

All games are upscaled to 4k from a lower resolution.

3 minutes ago, WereCat said:

Easy answer.

There isn't PS4 game that is 4k because PS4 is not capable of running games in 4k.

The PS4 Pro is a 4k console, so yes it does. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

3 minutes ago, WereCat said:

Easy answer.

Does the PS4 Pro not run at 4k? Hes not talking about the regular PS4.

2 minutes ago, legacy99 said:

The PS4 Pro is a 4k console, so yes it does. 

Most of the games are just upscaled 1080p but a few are full 4k (mantis burn racing for example)

4 minutes ago, Ghen90 said:

Does the PS4 Pro not run at 4k? Hes not talking about the regular PS4.

It just upscales games to 4k, they are not running natively in 4k. There isn't hardware powerful enough to do that.

Maybe some games do, but those must be games that are nothing special in terms of graphics (mobile-like games).

The PS4 Pro has HDMI 2.0 which makes it "4k ready" (but that is just marketing, it is 4k ready for movies).

Just as @legacy99 said. You need these three things:

- A PS4 Pro (just the pro, any other version of the PS4 wont support 4k).

- A 4k monitor/tv (UHD, meaning 3840x2160, I think, because the PS4 doesnt scale to "real 4k" but to UHD. Correct me if Im wrong, because Im not 100% sure tbh).

- A 2.0 or higher version HDMI cable.

Well and a game, just any game :D

So all PS4 games are able to run 4k if you have a 4k tv and ps4 pro console?

Not: Yes I know its upscaled and not native 4k thats a whole different topic to discuss.

7 minutes ago, Maxinfamily said:

Just as @legacy99 said. You need these three things:

- A PS4 Pro (just the pro, any other version of the PS4 wont support 4k).

- A 4k monitor/tv (UHD, meaning 3840x2160, I think, because the PS4 doesnt scale to "real 4k" but to UHD. Correct me if Im wrong, because Im not 100% sure tbh).

- A 2.0 or higher version HDMI cable.

Well and a game, just any game :D

UHD=4K in layman terms, when people say 4K TV or 4K monitor they are talking about UHD.

2 minutes ago, Rotterdams said:

Not: Yes I know its upscaled and not native 4k thats a whole different topic to discuss.

Yes, thats right! But dont forget the HDMI 2.0 (or higher version) cable!

2 minutes ago, Rotterdams said:

I think some games got upgraded graphics and full 1080p instead of a 4k upgrade, though not sure.

• 1 year later...
On 3/12/2017 at 7:09 AM, Maxinfamily said:

Yes, thats right! But dont forget the HDMI 2.0 (or higher version) cable!

The cable doesn't matter.  It's the ports.

@WereCat If it was just upscaling, the game would look identical.  TV's already automatically upscale it.

Make sure to quote or tag me (@JoostinOnline) or I won't see your response!

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440 

As of right now there is nothing that natively renders in 4K.  You do have up scaling and HDR which is what the PS4 Pro and Xbox Scorpio are effectively doing.  Other than that a 4K TV you buy with a 2160p resolution will be capable of putting out a 4K image.

On 3/12/2017 at 2:06 AM, Rotterdams said:

If you are interested in what games are native 4K, you'll have to look at external sources since they don't list that stuff. No idea why people are posting that none of the games are native 4K when there are some. Not a lot, but still non-zero. This list seems to be kept up-to-date.