NZXT Hue+ and Aer fans

Artemiis
Go to solution Solved by fastcar123,

I don't have the AER fans but I do have the LED strips. The white on them is very well balanced. They are very obviously white. However this does not mean that you wont see the individual colors. Unless you go with a separate RGBW kit you wont be able to escape it. Still the Hue+ is a great buy and it 95% accurate on it coloring. It only seems to get weird when you program it for darker colors. I imagine the AER fans would be the same

First off here are my specs:

My Main Computer:

CPUIntel i7-6700k

MOBO: ASUS Z170 Pro Gaming Aura

RAM: G.Skills Ripjaws V Series 32GB DDR4 3200 (4 x 8GB)

GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW Edition

CASE: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv TG + Phanteks LED Strips

STORAGE: Samsung 850 EVO 1TB SSD + Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD

PSU: EVGA P2 750W + Bitfenix Alchemy 2.0 Sleeved Cables in Black

MONITOR: Asus ROG Swift PG279Q

CPU COOLER: NZXT Kraken X62 + 2 x Noctua IIPC-2000rpm AF-14

CASE FANS: 3 x Corsair ML Pro 120mm White LED (top) + Corsair ML Pro 140mm White LED (rear)

KEYBOARD: Corsair K70 LUX RGB (Cherry MX Brown)

Mouse: Logitech G Pro

AMP/DAC: Schiit Magni Uber + Schiit Modi Uber + Schiit Vali
HEADPHONES: Sennheiser HD598 SE OR Fostex T50RP MK3 (Shure 1540 Pads)
MIC: ModMic 5.0

My Old Computer (Now My Partner's):
CPU: Intel i5-6600k (OC @ 4.4ghz)
MOBO: Asus Z170-A
RAM: G.Skillz Ripjaws V Series 16GB DDR4 3000 (2 x 8GB)
GPU: Asus GTX 980 Ti Strix OC 6GB
CPU COOLER: Corsair H100i V2
PSU: EVGA G2 750W
STORAGE: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD + Samsung 850 EVO 250GB x2 SSDs + WD Black 1TB HDD
CASE FANS: Corsair ML PRO 120mm x 3 + Corsair ML PRO 140mm
CASE: NZXT H440 Razer Edition
MOUSE: Logitech G303
KEYBOARD: Corsair K70 RGB (Cherry MX Browns, non-LUX)
AUDIO: Schiit Fulla 2
HEADPHONES: Sennheiser HD598 CS
MIC: ModMic 4.0

Hi All,

I just have a few questions before I finalize some things for my build. As you can see, currently I'm using the Phanteks LED strips with my Evolv TG. However, I really hate them lol. The white on them is so blue!!! I mean, it's barely less blue than the light blue setting. I ask anyone who comes over to my place what colour the lights look and they all say "light blue". Also, there are only 10 colours. I'm not much for the super gaudy, gamer-styled, colourful PCs, I just want the lights to be white... I mean, I'm looking at RGB lights instead of just plain white light strips because I'd like the option to be able to change it in the future or whenever I'm in the mood if I desire to. Also, most of the larger companies that I am familiar with, don't have kits for just plain white. Or at least they don't as far as  I know of... I may be just ill-informed on that though so don't quote me on that. If you know of any white led kits let me know! But anyways, back to the questions; basically, I'm wondering if the Hue+ will be any better with the white than the Phanteks LED strips? I figured I'd go with NZXTs Hue+ and Aer fans because I'm using a Kraken X62 and have to use CAM software anyways.So I figured I might as well have all the lighting settings in one place. Also for the Kraken, there are tons of different lighting modes and basically limitless colours to chose from. The 10 colours and 3 or 4 modes the Phanteks strips have are nothing compared to the options there are in the CAM lighting software. I also chose the Aer fans because I wanted to upgrade my plain white led ones from Corsair, and when I looked into Corsair's offerings with their RGB HD120mm fans, I didn't really like the way they looked because they were way too bright and I don't want the fans to be the center piece of the build... Also for some strange reason, Corsair doesn't offer a 140mm variant. Only drawback to the NZXT Hue+ and Aer fans is that the Hue+ is connected by a molex... gross! Anyways to summarize, I'm just looking for some people's experiences with the NZXT Hue+ and Aer fans; I'm wondering if the whites on them are better than what I'm used to? And if there are better options out there let me know, I can always put the Hue+ and Aer fans into my spare pc which is turning into my partner's pc. Any recomendations and/or feedback is greatly appreciated! Thanks Guys/Gals! ♥

P.S. The lights in the photo look more white than they do in person.. In person you can see the major difference between the White Corsair fans and the LED strips around the case.

White.Side.Angle.jpg

CPU: Intel i7-6700k | Motherboard: Asus Z170 Pro Gaming Aura | RAM: G.Skillz Ripjaws V Series 32GB DDR4 3200 (4 x 8GB) | GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW Edition | Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 1TB SSD + Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD | PSU: EVGA Supernova P2 750W | Cooling: NZXT Kraken X62 | Case Fans: NZXT Aer RGB 120mm x 3 + NZXT Aer RGB 140mm | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv TG Edition | Lights: NZXT Hue+ | Monitor: Asus ROG Swift PG279Q | Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB LUX Mouse: Zowie EC2-A | DAC/AMP: Schiit Magni Uber + Schiit Modi Uber | Headphones: Sennhesier HD598 SE + Fostex T50RP Mk3 w/ Mayflower Mods | Mic: Antlion ModMic 5.0 | OS: Windows 10

I don't have the AER fans but I do have the LED strips. The white on them is very well balanced. They are very obviously white. However this does not mean that you wont see the individual colors. Unless you go with a separate RGBW kit you wont be able to escape it. Still the Hue+ is a great buy and it 95% accurate on it coloring. It only seems to get weird when you program it for darker colors. I imagine the AER fans would be the same

I also have the HUE+, I find the pure white on the slider to be slightly cool, but the nice thing is you can just add a little red to compensate, so it would be really easy to match the shades between competing products.

"Mercury" Build Thread - Phanteks Evolv X | Ryzen 5 5600X | MSI B550 Gaming Edge Wifi | MSI GTX 1070 Ti DUKE | 32gb G.Skill Trident Z Neo | "Royal" Light Guide Bars | 6x Corsair HD 120mm Fans | Corsair Commander Pro 

Seasonic G-Series 750W Gold PSU | Darkside Carbon Cables | Darkside Slim 360 Rad | Darkside 12mm Fittings | Aquacomputer Aqualis 150 DDC Reservoir | Barrow PWM DDC pump | Barrow "Royal" CPU Block | Barrow Flow Indicator

"Quicksilver" Build Thread - Painted InWin303 | i7-6700K | MSI Z170A M-Power Gaming Titanium | Gigabyte GTX 1060 3GB | 16gb Corsair Vengeance LED Ram 3000mHz| 3x Phanteks 140mm Fans | Deepcool 600W Bronze PSU

Coolermaster Hyper212 Black | 2x Fractal White LED 120mm Fans | 3x UpHere 120mm Fans

"Watermelon" (Daughter) Build Thread - Painted Fractal Design Focus G | I7-4770 | Gigabyte GA-H85-D3H | MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4G | 16gb Crucial DDR3L 1600mHz | 3x Enermax White Twister 120mm fans

3x Enermax White Cluster 120mm Fans | Enermax ETS-T40-WC Air Cooler | eVGA 750G1 750W Gold PSU | Bitfenix Recon Fan Controller

5 minutes ago, fastcar123 said:

Awesome thanks man for the feedback! I imagine it'll be much better than the Phanteks ones I have now. Also with putting the Aer fans in instead of the white ML Pros, there won't be pure white lights to compare it to which throws it off more and shows how not white the led strip lights really are.

I also have the HUE+, I find the pure white on the slider to be slightly cool, but the nice thing is you can just add a little red to compensate, so it would be really easy to match the shades between competing products.

Great thanks for the info! Will definitely look into matching it well once they're all installed!

CPU: Intel i7-6700k | Motherboard: Asus Z170 Pro Gaming Aura | RAM: G.Skillz Ripjaws V Series 32GB DDR4 3200 (4 x 8GB) | GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW Edition | Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 1TB SSD + Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD | PSU: EVGA Supernova P2 750W | Cooling: NZXT Kraken X62 | Case Fans: NZXT Aer RGB 120mm x 3 + NZXT Aer RGB 140mm | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv TG Edition | Lights: NZXT Hue+ | Monitor: Asus ROG Swift PG279Q | Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB LUX Mouse: Zowie EC2-A | DAC/AMP: Schiit Magni Uber + Schiit Modi Uber | Headphones: Sennhesier HD598 SE + Fostex T50RP Mk3 w/ Mayflower Mods | Mic: Antlion ModMic 5.0 | OS: Windows 10