Mini ITX build

My buddy asked if I could build him a new PC for his shop, Of course I said yes! It will be my first mini ITX build. 

His requirements

- Small and compact

- Under $600.00 (not including peripherals)

- wall mountable (going inside a large tool box)

Parts list

-Luna Designs DNK-H in white (comes with cooler and PS) 

-Asus H110T

-Intel i3-7100

-Kingston Hyper X 2133 8GB ram

-Crucial MX300 525GB SSD

-M.2 2230 WiFi/BT card

I also ordered short cables since everything will be very close to each other. 1x 2 foot HDMI cable, 1x 2 foot power cable (provided one is euro spec) He will mainly be doing invoicing and browsing the internet with this... a bit overkill but he was tired of replacing his lap top every couples years, so I took advantage of his budget and got what I think would be more then enough for a long time.

Let me know what you guys think. Also I'll be posting progress pictures as I go.

HAve you ordered it already?

Just now, deXxterlab97 said:

HAve you ordered it already?

I already received the Luna Designs case, Everything else is on order

Just now, V36 said:

I already received the Luna Designs case, Everything else is on order

Just let you know that some H110 motherboard will need a BIOS update to use with i3 7100 and if it doesn't come with a BIOS update preinstalled for Kaby Lake thhen you are kinda screwed though Kaby was released few months so I would expect them to have it

Just let you know that some H110 motherboard will need a BIOS update to use with i3 7100 and if it doesn't come with a BIOS update preinstalled for Kaby Lake thhen you are kinda screwed though Kaby was released few months so I would expect them to have it

yeah I knew that when I heard about the kaby lake stuff, I checked asus website and there is a Bios update to run Kaby Lake. 

Just now, V36 said:

yeah I knew that when I heard about the kaby lake stuff, I checked asus website and there is a Bios update to run Kaby Lake. 

That's not it. You need to have a CPU in order to access BIOS just to update it. Because that particular board won't do without a CPU in it

That's not it. You need to have a CPU in order to access BIOS just to update it. Because that particular board won't do without a CPU in it

oh yeah I have a 6700k in my PC, I was going to put a new cooler on it here soon, so I was timing everything around this build haha

1 minute ago, V36 said:

oh yeah I have a 6700k in my PC, I was going to put a new cooler on it here soon, so I was timing everything around this build haha

smart move

Want to custom loop?  Ask me more if you are curious

there's an antec case with a 95w psu which would have served this brilliantly. 

alternatively the AsRock 5x5 box would as well (mobo + case + psu for $160 USD)

idk

1 minute ago, Droidbot said:

there's an antec case with a 95w psu which would have served this brilliantly. 

alternatively the AsRock 5x5 box would as well (mobo + case + psu for $160 USD)

which Antec case? ISK110 vesa? That was actually my first choice however where we are mounting it, the VESA mount is on the wrong side, We could have mounted it upside down but the Antec logo would most likely be an eye sore. 

Also, Thanks everyone for the input! always appriciate when I get feedback.

1 minute ago, V36 said:

which Antec case? ISK110 vesa? That was actually my first choice however where we are mounting it, the VESA mount is on the wrong side, We could have mounted it upside down but the Antec logo would most likely be an eye sore. 

Ah, yeah. The ISK110. Understandable why you went with another case.

https://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=2&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwi5m7-i9s_SAhVCgLwKHdTDDusQFgggMAE&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.newegg.com%2FProduct%2FProduct.aspx%3FItem%3DN82E16856158048&usg=AFQjCNGbsGrK_dj-3E_QE-Um6EtRCPkk8w

This thing is the AsRock Deskmini 110. It's a full LGA1151 PC in a 5x5" mobo/formfactor. It's Vesa mountable iirc

idk

Just now, Droidbot said:

Ah, yeah. The ISK110. Understandable why you went with another case.

https://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=2&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwi5m7-i9s_SAhVCgLwKHdTDDusQFgggMAE&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.newegg.com%2FProduct%2FProduct.aspx%3FItem%3DN82E16856158048&usg=AFQjCNGbsGrK_dj-3E_QE-Um6EtRCPkk8w

This thing is the AsRock Deskmini 110. It's a full LGA1151 PC in a 5x5" mobo/formfactor. It's Vesa mountable iirc

That case looks great! However for this build it wouldn't work out as well since its quite a bit wider then the Luna Designs. I will grab a photo of his tool box and show you guys where I'm planning on mounting everything. He wants everything to take up as little space as possible, which is understandable since it is a tool box and not a regular desk.

So finally got all the parts yesterday. After assembling everything, I powered it on, it posted, but nothing displayed. I checked to make sure I had the memory installed correctly, checked all my connections, and even checked my CPU. Everything looked fine and I couldn't figure out why it wasn't displaying anything. I then gave up and ordered a new motherboard. AMAZON PRIME 1 day shipping is amazing! lol. I then installed the new MB and it finally worked! Installed Windows and drivers, I'm just waiting for my WiFi antennas to show up on Wednesday now. 

I will post more photos once I open up the case again (I forgot to take more photos when I was assembling it) 

Here's a photo of it next to my Phanteks Enthoo Luxe. 

IMG_8999.JPG

• 1 month later...

Sorry guys! I totally forgot to update this thread. 

The build went pretty smooth, besides the original MB came DOA. after figuring out that the MB was dead, I quickly ordered one on amazon (thanks for 1 day shipping) and got everything buttoned up and running. 

here is a photo of it finished in his tool box.

IMG_9066.JPG