EK-Cable Y-Splitter 3-Fan PWM

SmilesRising

Thats exactly how to do it.

PC - CPU Ryzen 5 1600 - GPU Power Color Radeon 5700XT- Motherboard Gigabyte GA-AB350 Gaming - RAM 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB - Storage 525GB Crucial MX300 SSD + 120GB Kingston SSD   PSU Corsair CX750M - Cooling Stock - Case White NZXT S340

Peripherals - Mouse Logitech G502 Wireless - Keyboard Logitech G915 TKL  Headset Razer Kraken Pro V2's - Displays 2x Acer 24" GF246(1080p, 75hz, Freesync) Steering Wheel & Pedals Logitech G29 & Shifter

2 minutes ago, smiles rising said:

i got 2 of these and im about to use them and im wondering about how. do i just plug this into my motherboard, plug in 3 fans and then im good to go?

https://www.ekwb.com/shop/ek-cable-y-splitter-3-fan-pwm-10cm

Yes that would be correct, a good rule of thumb is to not put more thean 3 or 4 fans on one header to not overload it. 

1 minute ago, W-L said:

Yes that would be correct, a good rule of thumb is to not put more thean 3 or 4 fans on one header to not overload it. 

on the website it says "Do not use high power fans with this adapter due to the possibility of overloading motherboard fan power regulator. The limit of a fan header on a typical motherboard is usually around 1A (12W)" how do i know if my fans are high power? i have 3 nzxt h440 fans, 2 xspc 1650 fans and a be quiet pure wings 2..

Watches and computers                    

3 minutes ago, smiles rising said:

on the website it says "Do not use high power fans with this adapter due to the possibility of overloading motherboard fan power regulator. The limit of a fan header on a typical motherboard is usually around 1A (12W)" how do i know if my fans are high power? i have 3 nzxt h440 fans, 2 xspc 1650 fans and a be quiet pure wings 2..

Ideally you want to use the same fans to match the RPM as a group control but it's not a problem if you want to mix fans. As long as the total amperage doesn't exceed 1amp you Won't have a problem, you can find the ratings on the labels of the back of the fan hub. 

12 minutes ago, smiles rising said:

i got 2 of these and im about to use them and im wondering about how. do i just plug this into my motherboard, plug in 3 fans and then im good to go?

https://www.ekwb.com/shop/ek-cable-y-splitter-3-fan-pwm-10cm

yeah, thats it really

"Sulit" (adj.) something that is worth it

i7 8700K 4.8Ghz delidded / Corsair H100i V2 / Asus Strix Z370-F / G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB 3200 / EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB & 250GB - Crucial MX300 M.2 525GB / Fractal Design Define S / Corsair K70 MX Reds / Logitech G502 / Beyerdynamic DT770 250Ohm

SMSL SD793II AMP/DAC - Schiit Magni 3 / PCPP

Old Rig

i5 2500k 4.5Ghz | Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3P | Zotac GTX 980 AMP! Extreme | Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB 1866MHz

3 minutes ago, W-L said:

Ideally you want to use the same fans to match the RPM as a group control but it's not a problem if you want to mix fans. As long as the total amperage doesn't exceed 1amp you Won't have a problem, you can find the ratings on the labels of the back of the fan hub. 

alright, quick question. on my motherboard theres an option called system power fault protection, should i enable it? it says "to avoid abnormal voltage source (5v/3.5v), enabled it will protect the system from unexpected operation and remain shut down status?

Watches and computers                    

1 minute ago, smiles rising said:

alright, quick question. on my motherboard theres an option called system power fault protection, should i enable it? it says "to avoid abnormal voltage source (5v/3.5v), enabled it will protect the system from unexpected operation and remain shut down status?

That's similar to Asus's anti surge where it monitors the voltages and shuts it down if it spikes or drops. The only issue is the monitoring is done via software so it's not very accurate and can give mis readings. 

1 minute ago, W-L said:

That's similar to Asus's anti surge where it monitors the voltages and shuts it down if it spikes or drops. The only issue is the monitoring is done via software so it's not very accurate and can give mis readings. 

okay, i wont enable it then and how do i know if my fans exceed 1 Ampere? this isnt really my area of expertise...

Watches and computers                    

3 minutes ago, smiles rising said:

okay, i wont enable it then and how do i know if my fans exceed 1 Ampere? this isnt really my area of expertise...

On each fan they will say the amperage you can add them up as long as they do not exceed 1amp you are good but is best to not go over 0.70amps to give it some overhead to the max 1amp. When the fan starts wil have spike and draw more current which is why that overhead is a good thing to include. 

2 minutes ago, W-L said:

On each fan they will say the amperage you can add them up as long as they do not exceed 1amp you are good but is best to not go over 0.70amps to give it some overhead to the max 1amp. When the fan starts wil have spike and draw more current which is why that overhead is a good thing to include. 

oh okay, the nzxt fans have 0.18A so 0.54 together and so does the xspc and fans and the be quiet.. so everything should work then

Watches and computers                    

Just now, smiles rising said:

oh okay, the nzxt fans have 0.18A so 0.54 together and so does the xspc and fans and the be quiet.. so everything should work then

Yep that sounds good to me you should be well within the safe limit. Just make sure the header is configure to 3pin DC voltage control or 4pin PWM control respectively. 

5 minutes ago, W-L said:

Yep that sounds good to me you should be well within the safe limit. Just make sure the header is configure to 3pin DC voltage control or 4pin PWM control respectively. 

how do i know if it is? is that a motherboard option?

Watches and computers                    

Just now, smiles rising said:

how do i know if it is? is that a motherboard option?

Yes that is something you configure in your motherboard's bios. 

7 minutes ago, W-L said:

Yes that is something you configure in your motherboard's bios. 

i can't seem to find it.. where should i look?

Watches and computers                    

4 minutes ago, smiles rising said:

i can't seem to find it.. where should i look?

It depends on your motherboard, check the manual to see, but it allows you to create fan curves or configure the speed of the fans. 

2 minutes ago, W-L said:

It depends on your motherboard, check the manual to see, but it allows you to create fan curves or configure the speed of the fans. 

ok i found where i can change the fan curve now

Watches and computers