Overclock your amd graphics card from your android device

So after I was searching for a MSI Afterburner alternative for AMD cards on Linux and Mac I couldn’t find anything...

Soooo I decided to create my own android app to manage and view a AMD gpu on Linux with huge success.

So for any Linux users out there that wants a UI To over-clock your gpu on the fly check out my blog :)

I have only tested this with my gpu and on Linux so if you could give me some feedback I would highly appreciate it :)

Hope you guys enjoy and happy gaming :P

6 minutes ago, Soultaker0227 said:

So after I was searching for a MSI Afterburner alternative for AMD cards on Linux and Mac I couldn’t find anything...

Soooo I decided to create my own android app to manage and view a AMD gpu on Linux with huge success.

So for any Linux users out there that wants a UI To over-clock your gpu on the fly check out my blog :)

I have only tested this with my gpu and on Linux so if you could give me some feedback I would highly appreciate it :)

Hope you guys enjoy and happy gaming :P

Say what? that's freakin sweet! Thanks dude!

QUOTE ME OR I PROBABLY WON'T SEE YOUR RESPONSE 

My Setup:

Desktop

Spoiler

CPU: Ryzen 9 3900X  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15  Motherboard: Asus Prime X370-PRO  RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 @3200MHz  GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 FTW3 ULTRA (+50 core +400 memory)  Storage: 1050GB Crucial MX300, 1TB Crucial MX500  PSU: EVGA Supernova 750 P2  Chassis: NZXT Noctis 450 White/Blue OS: Windows 10 Professional  Displays: Asus MG279Q FreeSync OC, LG 27GL850-B

Main Laptop:

Spoiler

Laptop: Sager NP 8678-S  CPU: Intel Core i7 6820HK @ 2.7GHz  RAM: 32GB DDR4 @ 2133MHz  GPU: GTX 980m 8GB  Storage: 250GB Samsung 850 EVO M.2 + 1TB Samsung 850 Pro + 1TB 7200RPM HGST HDD  OS: Windows 10 Pro  Chassis: Clevo P670RG  Audio: HyperX Cloud II Gunmetal, Audio Technica ATH-M50s, JBL Creature II

Thinkpad T420:

Spoiler

CPU: i5 2520M  RAM: 8GB DDR3  Storage: 275GB Crucial MX30

1 minute ago, AnnoyedShelf said:

Say what? that's freakin sweet! Thanks dude!

Its my pleasure dude!! It sure helped! Can you do me a favor? Just let me know if it has any bugs on your gpu, can you also just give me your gpu and os details :)

Just now, Soultaker0227 said:

Its my pleasure dude!! It sure helped! Can you do me a favor? Just let me know if it has any bugs on your gpu, can you also just give me your gpu and os details :)

when I get around to it, sure.

QUOTE ME OR I PROBABLY WON'T SEE YOUR RESPONSE 

My Setup:

Desktop

Spoiler

CPU: Ryzen 9 3900X  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15  Motherboard: Asus Prime X370-PRO  RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 @3200MHz  GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 FTW3 ULTRA (+50 core +400 memory)  Storage: 1050GB Crucial MX300, 1TB Crucial MX500  PSU: EVGA Supernova 750 P2  Chassis: NZXT Noctis 450 White/Blue OS: Windows 10 Professional  Displays: Asus MG279Q FreeSync OC, LG 27GL850-B

Main Laptop:

Spoiler

Laptop: Sager NP 8678-S  CPU: Intel Core i7 6820HK @ 2.7GHz  RAM: 32GB DDR4 @ 2133MHz  GPU: GTX 980m 8GB  Storage: 250GB Samsung 850 EVO M.2 + 1TB Samsung 850 Pro + 1TB 7200RPM HGST HDD  OS: Windows 10 Pro  Chassis: Clevo P670RG  Audio: HyperX Cloud II Gunmetal, Audio Technica ATH-M50s, JBL Creature II

Thinkpad T420:

Spoiler

CPU: i5 2520M  RAM: 8GB DDR3  Storage: 275GB Crucial MX30

4 minutes ago, AnnoyedShelf said:

I have not tested it on windows though Dx Don't think its going to work on it haha depends on how AMD drivers are set up.

18 minutes ago, AnnoyedShelf said:

Ohh and thanks alot!! Would be nice to know if it works on windows :)

As for now the App is not on the play store because i do not have the finances to pay the registration fee :(

If you put an open source license on the code and throw it on github i could look into getting it onto the play store.

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

1 hour ago, SCHISCHKA said:

If you put an open source license on the code and throw it on github i could look into getting it onto the play store.

Ahhhh that is awesome! Thanks allot I really appreciate you willing to help me :D Can you just do me another favour? Just check if the application runs successfully on your computer(Linux) because I still haven't  gotten any feedback on other graphics cards. Why don't you drop me a pm then we can continue this conversation there?

27 minutes ago, Soultaker0227 said:

Ahhhh that is awesome! Thanks allot I really appreciate you willing to help me :D Can you just do me another favour? Just check if the application runs successfully on your computer(Linux) because I still haven't  gotten any feedback on other graphics cards. Why don't you drop me a pm then we can continue this conversation there?

I don't have a amd gpu To test it

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

Well I got the app on the app store!, thank you

For your offer to help me get the app on the app store :) I also created a cross platform server (windows and Linux) and a brand new user interface that if I may say so myself looks great. Had help from Rosalie Goosen with the UI So Windows users you can also get your hands the app if you like :)

Here is the link to the app : https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=scifi_dynamic_silver.amdlinuxoc

Here is a few screenshots of the new UI

Screenshot_2017-03-18-01-36-00.png

Screenshot_2017-03-18-01-37-14.png

Screenshot_2017-03-18-01-55-44.png

The Idea is absolutely friggin amazing. I was looking for something like that for about 3 years now!

However, i can't get the jar file to run and after some digging through your blog: It only runs with fglrx, does it? So it won't work with AMDGPU and an RX480...that's sad :( Because CLI overclocking works actually pretty good, at least on my card.

Also, one addition to the Android App: The usability with that background is pretty horrible :/ White Text on black and silver checkerboard is pretty much unreadable...a solid or a gradient background would be a lot better on the eyes and would make it a lot more easier to read.

Still, as i said, the idea is freaking amazing and i do actually hope, you'll keep up the work and get this kind of stuff going on Linux!

Good news everyone...!

On 3/24/2017 at 5:54 PM, David89 said:

The Idea is absolutely friggin amazing. I was looking for something like that for about 3 years now!

However, i can't get the jar file to run and after some digging through your blog: It only runs with fglrx, does it? So it won't work with AMDGPU and an RX480...that's sad :( Because CLI overclocking works actually pretty good, at least on my card.

Also, one addition to the Android App: The usability with that background is pretty horrible :/ White Text on black and silver checkerboard is pretty much unreadable...a solid or a gradient background would be a lot better on the eyes and would make it a lot more easier to read.

Still, as i said, the idea is freaking amazing and i do actually hope, you'll keep up the work and get this kind of stuff going on Linux!

Thanks alot! ill update the background :) And i am working on something that does not rely on fglrx it is currently used on windows, i cant seem to compile it on linux lol, maybe you can help? Its a Cpp repository i found on github, i tried to contact the owner but you know... cant using github lol. If you can get it compiled for me then ill add it to the server and you can use the app :) pm me if you like to help, ill also put you in the credits.txt :)

One more thing, if you go check out my blog i updated the server ui :) i would love some feedback on the ui, why not drop the first comment on my blog : Link to my blog

On 3/24/2017 at 5:54 PM, David89 said:

So David89 I have some great news for you :) I got the api compliled on my linux machine :) So i moved away from fglrx and started using amd sdk. Hope you enjoy gaming, please give me some feedback if it works or not :) Would still be great if you can leave a comment on my blog though lol :D happy gaming :ph34r: