Need Help Identifying a PWM fan header

Hi I need some help identifying this fan header and whether is supports PWM fans.

It's the CHA_FAN1 highlighted in red in the picture. The 4th pin doesn't say PWM like the CPU_FAN its says +5V. Any help would be great! :)

2017-03-10 15_57_06-e5940_P8P67.pdf (SECURED) - Adobe Acrobat Pro DC.png

The Cha Fan uses voltage modulation it looks like rather than PWM. Effectively does the same thing. It reduces the voltage being sent to it to slow it down or speed it up. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

Since manual has different naming with actual PWM headers, chassis fans aren't PWM.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

8 hours ago, vordnaskelA said:

If the fan header is 4 pin its pwm, the 4th pin is for pwm control

The header just provides a 5v signal for an effective ~40% fan speed. Motherboard manufacturers tend to call this a 'quiet fan header'. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

5 hours ago, WoodenMarker said:

The header just provides a 5v signal for an effective ~40% fan speed. Motherboard manufacturers tend to call this a 'quiet fan header'. 

Can I connect a Noctua NF-F12 PWM to it and control the speed? I would be using SpeedFan to control it.

9 hours ago, randomvector said:

Can I connect a Noctua NF-F12 PWM to it and control the speed? I would be using SpeedFan to control it.

You can, but only if the fan would be 3pin. So you loose 30% of lowest speeds and some from accuracy.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

18 hours ago, randomvector said:

The header provides a constant 5v signal and probably no control.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

1 minute ago, WoodenMarker said:

The header provides a constant 5v signal and probably no control.

Wtf? I get notification for that quote? Did you misquote me, or forgot to correct my error?

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

1 minute ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

Wtf? I get notification for that quote? Did you misquote me, or forgot to correct my error?

Misquoted. ^_^