3D printers what do you have/recommend.

hi, im interesting in  getting into 3D printing,

i dont have 5k to throw for it but i found out that they come cheap and reliable 

looking for some advise on some lower buget printers 

interseting in the mp mini select v2 for 300 since it have a headed bed, not sure if you can add a heated enclosure 

uh.. you want to recheck the name of that printer, because i feel you're mixing up two very different models.

Just now, Nipplemilk909 said:

that's a rebrand of the wanhao duplicator i3, which is a good base to start off with, but i really recommend going for the i3 plus if you can spare the extra cash, the cooling on it is slightly better, and it's more of a "self contained package" than the -older- i3.

you'll probably be doing a lot of upgrades on both of them, but the steel chassis on them is essentially bulletproof, which offcourse aids with stability while printing, and in turn print quality.

1 minute ago, manikyath said:

that's a rebrand of the wanhao duplicator i3, which is a good base to start off with, but i really recommend going for the i3 plus if you can spare the extra cash, the cooling on it is slightly better, and it's more of a "self contained package" than the -older- i3.

you'll probably be doing a lot of upgrades on both of them, but the steel chassis on them is essentially bulletproof, which offcourse aids with stability while printing, and in turn print quality.

are both of these able to be added with heated enclosure to print plas?

Just now, Nipplemilk909 said:

are both of these able to be added with heated enclosure to print plas?

the heated bed used by wanhao is pretty intense, i estimate it's around the 100-ish watt range, and if you put it in an enclosed space, it'll get up to ~30°c ambient and beyond surpriisngly quick (at which point the cooling on the hotend starts to lack)

2 minutes ago, manikyath said:

the heated bed used by wanhao is pretty intense, i estimate it's around the 100-ish watt range, and if you put it in an enclosed space, it'll get up to ~30°c ambient and beyond surpriisngly quick (at which point the cooling on the hotend starts to lack)

so what filaments are these printers limited to? im most insterested in wood, abs, nylon, and plas

4 hours ago, Nipplemilk909 said:

i dont have 5k to throw for it but i found out that they come cheap and reliable 

interseting in the mp mini select v2 for 300 since it have a headed bed, not sure if you can add a heated enclosure 

why bother with the mp mini when u can get the mp maker select for $320? It has a bigger bed.

44 minutes ago, Caleb SF said:

why bother with the mp mini when u can get the mp maker select for $320? It has a bigger bed.

yeah i got the names mixed up, i was talking about the maker v2 

10 hours ago, Nipplemilk909 said:

so what filaments are these printers limited to? im most insterested in wood, abs, nylon, and plas

the wanhao's *claim* they can print with pretty much everything, but you'll pretty much have to upgrade to a full metal hotend (which i've yet to see a cheap printer that has that on stock setup) for woodfill, and even then it's a very difficult feat. woodfill is outright terrible, if it stays still in your hotend for something like 10 seconds it starts to burn up.

beyond that PLA and ABS go pretty smoothly in pretty much any printer as long as they can keep temperature, and as for nylon, i couldnt tell you.

21 hours ago, Nipplemilk909 said:

yeah i got the names mixed up, i was talking about the maker v2 

I actually decided to get the monoprice maker select v2 after looking at multiple other printers in the $300 pricerange. It'll be in sometime next week!

I have a seemecnc rostock max v2 with a e3d v6 hotend. Great price, quality, build area, and speed because if the delta style design. Once built and properly calibrated, the print quality and detail turned out to be absolutely outstanding.

Here's a close up example of a print at a 50 micron layer height with a .25mm nozzle. That impeller is just about an inch in diameter.

Spoiler

temporary-27.jpg

v4ffWd6.jpg

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

19 hours ago, Caleb SF said:

I actually decided to get the monoprice maker select v2 after looking at multiple other printers in the $300 pricerange. It'll be in sometime next week!

let me knowwww!

Ultimaker original with heated bed. Still one of the best printer you can buy. 

ASU

3 minutes ago, Hackentosher said:

Ultimaker original with heated bed. Still one of the best printer you can buy. 

holy shiet thats 1k man, looks pritty good and pritty plug n play but man 1k, when you can get a cheaper price with similar results

1 hour ago, Nipplemilk909 said:

holy shiet thats 1k man, looks pritty good and pritty plug n play but man 1k, when you can get a cheaper price with similar results

Prusa i3 mk2 is the best desktop printer you can buy as far as consistentcy and ease of use, but the ultimaker is amazing. 

ASU

On 3/12/2017 at 8:10 PM, Nipplemilk909 said:

So my monoprice maker select came in and it is really really nice. Like so nice I have had 4 successful prints, no issues. Highly recommend it!

On 3/13/2017 at 3:10 AM, Hackentosher said:

Prusa i3 mk2 is the best desktop printer you can buy as far as consistentcy and ease of use

+1 On this!

I bought my Original Prusa i3 MK2 several months ago (the DIY kit) and I've been stunned by the ease of use and the quality of it.

Sure you can get a Wanhao duplicator i3 Rebrand for half the price, but it will take more work to get the print quality close to what the MK2 can do.

If you just want to learn about 3D printing, and enjoy a lot of tinkering and testing, go with a cheap model (maybe even something like a Chinese kit)

Though if you want to have a 3D printer to be able to produce nice, working parts for your cool DIY projects and learn about electronics by making stuff yourself.

I'd go with something like the Prusa i3 MK2.

It all depends on your application, I think Thomas Sanladerer (a 3D Printing giant on Youtube) explains it best

6 hours ago, SandersFlor said:

+1 On this!

I bought my Original Prusa i3 MK2 several months ago (the DIY kit) and I've been stunned by the ease of use and the quality of it.

Sure you can get a Wanhao duplicator i3 Rebrand for half the price, but it will take more work to get the print quality close to what the MK2 can do.

If you just want to learn about 3D printing, and enjoy a lot of tinkering and testing, go with a cheap model (maybe even something like a Chinese kit)

Though if you want to have a 3D printer to be able to produce nice, working parts for your cool DIY projects and learn about electronics by making stuff yourself.

It all depends on your application, I think Thomas Sanladerer (a 3D Printing giant on Youtube) explains it best

Thank you! Someone finally gets it!

ASU

On 3/19/2017 at 1:54 AM, SandersFlor said:

+1 On this!

https://www.amazon.com/Arrival-HICTOP-Filament-Self-assembly-Printing/dp/B01ERDWSFU/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1490004317&sr=8-2&keywords=Original+Prusa+i3+MK2

are they the same ?

https://www.amazon.com/Original-Prusa-Printer-kit-Josef/dp/B015GDDXJA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1490004317&sr=8-1&keywords=Original+Prusa+i3+MK2

On 3/20/2017 at 11:07 AM, Nipplemilk909 said:

are they the same ?

They are absolutely not the same.
Since Prusa makes their design "open source", anyone can create a system based on their design.
(Anet A8, Wanhao i3, Tevo Tarantula, the one you linked, ...)
Notice I said 'based on'.

This means most of the times (not always) some inferior and lower quality components will be used to save cost (e.g. Ramps shield for Arduino instead of real RAMBO board).
They also lack the fully automatic XYZ callibration (although some have automatic bed leveling).

All the above things usually result in lesser print quality/more work to get things right.

You also don't support the research Prusa has done to design everything.

You can buy the official printer here

http://shop.prusa3d.com/en/3d-printers/59-original-prusa-i3-mk2-kit.html?gclid=CjwKEAjwsuK_BRDD9ISR1bawwUwSJACbOiixf_zkMbEoI5XOwGyakuvUNfvwQtR-A1P0Wpj2FCAS9RoC3cXw_wcB#/11-color-black_printed_parts

On 3/10/2017 at 6:13 PM, Nipplemilk909 said:

They have an Ultimaker 3