Samsung’s Galaxy Note 4 Explodes & Severely Burns a Young Child

#DeathNotes **Badumti...*BOOM* *

g.png

Well , it finally done did it, but not from a product series you expected it to happen,  recently it was reported that a Samsung Note 4 that was purchased by the owner last year,  which had no problems up until this last week exploded while charging, This one severely affecting & somewhat permanently scarring a little girls face, Earlier events that were prominent with the Note 7 had happened without much of a damage that was a direct threat to  any person or this severe & this event happened in the worst way, According to the translated report from the original news site , The owner 9th of March set his phone to charge overnight near the bed plugged in to the wall charger where their little girl was sleeping & according to the parents statement the child was sleeping in the far other end/corner of the bed & they went to sleep & later woke up to the noise of the child's cry , upon approaching finding out that the phone had blown up & had left a slightly chaotic scene burning the bedding side and unfortunately their daughter’s face.

A Samsung Galaxy Note 4 has exploded in China and managed to severely burn a 5 year old’s face. Feng Lingling, his wife and 5 year old daughter went to bed early on the 9th of March. At 4 am, Lingling woke up after hearing a sharp cry from his daughter. She was sleeping at the far side of his bed, with the Galaxy Note 4 left on charging at the bedside table. He bought the device in August last year. The Galaxy Note 4 had exploded, burning his bedding and daughter’s face.

i checked the specs on the phone & According to gsmarena the phone packs in a 3220 mAh battery Removable , with that much of a capacity packs a pretty awful punch when/if it goes off , since the phone is this much used for near a one year period we have to assume it's not a manufacturing issue out of the box,  either the battery gone bad & started to swell up  & owner didn't notice & kept using it anyways , Details are limited on this at the moment , Maybe some form of electrical shortening cause the  power adapter to do something , maybe a counterfeit lowcost battery or a charger was used that caused it to overheat & explode

Injury Image : (Slightly graphic images)

20170310214759305.jpg

The actual extent of the burn was not reported , 1st or 2nd degree from the looks of it

20170310214759448.jpg

aftermath image of the device

"Suddenly heard a loud noise!" Feng Lingling recalled that 4 o'clock that night, he was sleeping, after hearing the loud noise, and heard his daughter piercing cry, at the same time, he also heard To the smell of their own hair was charred.

"Feng Lingling's wife said that now, her daughter every night will call the pain, simply can not sleep, at the same time, because the mouth was burned, she can not even eat anything, every day can only drink a little water.

samsung-galaxy-note-4-9024.jpg

Galaxy Note 4 Explodes At 4 In The Morning  :|  #Coincidence?

Last Years Note 7 had a severe problem with the batter overheating & completely damaging the phone while charging. The problem turned out to be  quick hustle in manufacturing the battery & flooding it to the market for the company profit & it hit them back severely , even making the phone into somewhat of a no fly list category because of its potential to do harm , The company has then implemented an improved security checkup protocol to the phones safety.

SamsungsBrandsareonFiyaaah!

a99f22c13266fff043631e98486b54e9.jpg

The child is unable to speak and her hands and face are damaged. According to the mother, the girl is unable to speak or eat anything either. The daughter, Feng Yung, faces the risk of permanent disfigurement. The shop from where Lingling purchased the phone claims to have reached Samsung for comment. A Samsung salesperson clarifies that the company is in knowledge of the event and will take action soon.

& So in conclusion , do regularly check weather your battery has any form of deformity & other issues , try to replace them in a respectable amount of time after the warranty period is done with & post your thoughts on this down below, was it the parents fault for leaving a phone plugged in at a very close proximity to their child? or was ti the manufacturers fault?

Other similar events with the same model of  Samsung's note were reported , but those were pretty rare >> Below is the image reported by a man in Michigan last year , One reported from Pakistan

3B13714D00000578-4003282-image-a-49_1480

Souce: (WWCF & Wccf linked source , yes i know ) That is the only source afaik

http://wccftech.com/samsung-galaxy-note-4-explodes-5-year-girl-burnt/

http://www.guancha.cn/society/2017_03_10_398190.shtml

http://shanghaiist.com/2017/03/14/samsung_explodes_girls_face.php

Last link courtesy of forum member : Djole123

Spoiler

Its-the-bomb-20-Samsung-Galaxy-Note-7-me

Details separate people.

In phones with non removable batteries, random checks by the owner are rather difficult unless the phone actually swells (provided the material is not rigid enough to show swelling). Unfortunately, with lithium in particular, these incidents will continue to occur in very small numbers. Given the sheer numbers of these batteries out there, some are bound to have problems with safety circuits, with potential catastrophic consequences. 

Given the lack of viable alternative, (unless you want to go NIMH), maintaining standards is the best we can do for now.

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…

This isn't really news, batteries explode every now and then for no particular reason

My Note 4 overheated and got exchanged more than once .-.

Press "F" to pay respects.

Groomlake Authority

Was this an actual explosion?? or did the child simply fall asleep on the phone and it got hot and burned up between her face and pillow.

I vote on the latter, it logically makes more sense.

I reviewed the photos and if there was an explosion the phone would be shaped and/or distorted differently.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

i pretty much sleep on top of my phone while its charging every night.. :ph34r:

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

Why the fuck would a 5 year old have a phone anyway? 

8 minutes ago, SansVarnic said:

Was this an actual explosion?? or did the child simply fall asleep on the phone and it got hot and burned up between her face and pillow.

I vote on the latter, it logically makes more sense.

I reviewed the photos and if there was an explosion the phone would be shaped and/or distorted differently.

I second your hypothesis, those accidents have been happening for years to be fair.

I remember a girl in my city who started a fire with her iPhone (the first one). She left it charging overnight in her bed,  it overheated and caught fire.

Why was her phone on at night? Why was it in her bed in the first place? Why had she a smartphone at her age?

All the questions that should pop up in court when they sue.

That's terrible. But was it just explosion or covered with body and heated up and possibly battery distorted. Either way we need new type of batteries already!

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

I'll give them the benefit of the doubt, and say that they used a shady third party or counterfeit battery, considering the fact that the Note 4 had a freely replaceable battery and that this happened in China (shady batteries all over the place).

The note 4 has a removable battery, were they using the original battery and since it was used it's possible the previous owner didn't handle it properly.

2 hours ago, huilun02 said:

This is why you should not get a Samsung phone. ONLY Samsung phone batteries explode. It will be immediately apparent, like over 2 years after the phone release.

The Chinese family should make a trip to the US and proceed to to sue Samsung for no less than $1b in damages and loss of the child's ability to work for income for the rest of her life.

m7 I point you to this...

3 minutes ago, Magnetorheological said:

I'll give them the benefit of the doubt, and say that they used a shady third party or counterfeit battery, considering the fact that the Note 4 had a freely replaceable battery and that this happened in China (shady batteries all over the place).

Anyways maybe this is why you don't give your young children phones, just some food for thought. 

I'm not a fan of seeing young children holding a cell phone, especially in public.

Yes I use my phone a fair bit outside the house and what not actually but I try to do it in the right situations and scenarios. 

But I suppose this is sort of unrelated banter so whatever. I guess I'll stop here. 

I could go on about how I hate it when people come into my lane on their phone and don't seem to care. It's like incredibly rude. That is something else I don't like and I think young children being given phones is going to increase that rudeness. Then again if POS vendors like NCR or IBM made their self checkout lanes better its possible my job would be less in demand, hell there's less registers and more self checkout lanes in my store.

Also kek, I said I wouldn't go on about people being on their phones when they're checking out at the grocery store and I still continue on... Alright I guess I'll be done for real this time.

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

Hey, I have a Note 4. I'm not getting rid of it though because I love it and I use the pen feature for work. It's worth the risk of my life. 

Wishing leads to ambition and ambition leads to motivation and motivation leads to me building an illegal rocket ship in my backyard.

19 minutes ago, Magnetorheological said:

As much as i like to disagree with you because that statement is kinda bias, sadly its the truth though.

Aside from bad batteries, they sell alot of cheap counterfeit chargers too that will over volt the phone and can also explode on the other end.

10 hours ago, Zodiark1593 said:

In phones with non removable batteries, random checks by the owner are rather difficult unless the phone actually swells (provided the material is not rigid enough to show swelling). Unfortunately, with lithium in particular, these incidents will continue to occur in very small numbers. Given the sheer numbers of these batteries out there, some are bound to have problems with safety circuits, with potential catastrophic consequences. 

Given the lack of viable alternative, (unless you want to go NIMH), maintaining standards is the best we can do for now.

The Note 4 does indeed have a back cover!

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

1 hour ago, christianled59 said:

Hey, I have a Note 4. I'm not getting rid of it though because I love it and I use the pen feature for work. It's worth the risk of my life. 

There aren't any issues with the note 4 in particular that was the 7. Most of these accidents are either:

1. Occur due to the use of poor third party batteries
  2. Occur due to the use of poor third party adapters
  3. Because of the battery (rare)

Pascal laptops guide

8 hours ago, laminutederire said:

Why the fuck would a 5 year old have a phone anyway? 

I second your hypothesis, those accidents have been happening for years to be fair.

I remember a girl in my city who started a fire with her iPhone (the first one). She left it charging overnight in her bed,  it overheated and caught fire.

Why was her phone on at night? Why was it in her bed in the first place? Why had she a smartphone at her age?

All the questions that should pop up in court when they sue.

2 hours ago, wcreek said:

Anyways maybe this is why you don't give your young children phones, just some food for thought. 

I'm not a fan of seeing young children holding a cell phone, especially in public.

Guys can we not turn this into a conversation about why childern shouldn't own phone, because frankly it wouldn't much of a difference. Let's be honest if they haven't owned a phone they would have had a tablet or an iPod touch which also have lithium batteries, because many of the children like are on mobile now. The batteries of these devices will also explode under very rare circumstances or when they are given poor power or if using poor counterfeited batteries.

Even if they didn't have a mobile device they probably will have some portable console like the 3DS or something. These also have lithium batteries.

Pascal laptops guide

1 hour ago, Castdeath97 said:

Guys can we not turn this into a conversation about why childern shouldn't own phone, because frankly it wouldn't much of a difference. Let's be honest if they haven't owned a phone they would have had a tablet or an iPod touch which also have lithium batteries, because many of the children like are on mobile now. The batteries of these devices will also explode under very rare circumstances or when they are given poor power or if using poor counterfeited batteries.

Even if they didn't have a mobile device they probably will have some portable console like the 3DS or something. These also have lithium batteries.

Well, in this case it's China,  they're known to like cheaper version of everything,  so what goes around comes around...

There are also a few ways to prevent this kind of accident with precaution. And that's why the discussion on whether child should have one is present, it's because they don't know any better when it comes to safety. 

1 hour ago, Castdeath97 said:

lol I had a little tangent expressing my opinion, I don't expect that to try to make discussion on that topic beyond what I said. 

As for the other guy well that's a different story.

I had other things to talk about in my post, I'd rather have those things be quoted.

30 minutes ago, laminutederire said:

Well, in this case it's China,  they're known to like cheaper version of everything,  so what goes around comes around...

There are also a few ways to prevent this kind of accident with precaution. And that's why the discussion on whether child should have one is present, it's because they don't know any better when it comes to safety. 

Or this.

Needs to be properly reported.

Were they using official battery and charger. Etc

Regulators aren't stupid. One incident does not equal a trend.

2 hours ago, Castdeath97 said:

There aren't any issues with the note 4 in particular that was the 7. Most of these accidents are either:

1. Occur due to the use of poor third party batteries
  2. Occur due to the use of poor third party adapters
  3. Because of the battery (rare)

Precisely this ^^^^

My Rig "Valiant"  Intel® Core™ i7-5930 @3.5GHz ; Asus X99 DELUXE 3.1 ; Corsair H110i ; Corsair Dominator Platinium 64GB 3200MHz CL16 DDR4 ; 2 x 6GB ASUS NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 980 Ti Strix ; Corsair Obsidian Series 900D ; Samsung 950 Pro NVME + Samsung 850 Pro SATA + HDD Western Digital Black - 2TB ; Corsair AX1500i Professional 80 PLUS Titanium ; x3 Samsung S27D850T 27-Inch WQHD Monitor