How to stop my monitor from turning off when the second (tv) display turns on?

Business Corgi

I don't know how I was able to set it up before but it USED to be that when I'd turn my TV on and the input was on anything OTHER than the one the PC's plugged into, my monitor would stay on. If I turned the tv on and the PC input was selected, or I changed the input to PC THAT is when the monitor would shut off.

I don't know what happened but something got screwed up. My TV did a firmware update recently and I did a BIOS update and those are the only two things that changed. What happened, man?

So know you turn ON your TV, with the input NOT on the one your PC is connected to and you monitor goes off?

I think you can just set your PC to use extended desktop or mirror desktop and it should stay on, wether your TV is on that input or not.

Personal Rig:

[UPGRADE]

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5900X    Mb: Gigabyte X570 Gaming X    RAM: 2x16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance Pro    GPU: Gigabyte NVIDIA RTX 3070    Case: Corsair 400D    Storage: INTEL SSDSCKJW120H6 M.2 120GB    PSU: Antec 850W 80+ Gold    Display(s): GAOO, 现代e窗, Samsung 4K TV

Cooling: Noctua NH-D15    Operating System(s): Windows 10 / Arch Linux / Garuda

[OLD]

CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6500 @ 3.2 GHz    Mb: Gigabyte Z170X-Gaming 3    RAM: 2x4GB DDR4 GSKILL RIPJAWS 4    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960    Case: Aerocool PSG V2X Advance    Storage: INTEL SSDSCKJW120H6 M.2 120GB    PSU: EVGA 500W 80+ Bronce    Display(s): Samsung LS19B150

Cooling: Aerocool Shark White    Operating System(s): Windows 10 / Arch Linux / OpenSUSE

Thanks but that isn't really an ideal solution. The way it was set up before was perfect. It would leave the monitor alone unless I specifically selected or turned the TV on w/ the PC input selected.

Oddly enough, it still occasionally works properly. I just noticed that the issue is intermittent but vastly favors screwing up. :/ You guys think this is a PC/GPU thing or a TV thing?

aaaaand this is interesting.

If I go in and change the setting to "quick start" instead of "eco mode" on the TV it does NOT turn off the monitor display if any input besides PC is selected.

HOWEVER. If I turn the TV on to say, the PS4 input (input 1) and change it to input 5 (PC) it turns the monitor off as it's supposed to. Unfortunately, if I switch back to input 1 (PS4) the monitor does NOT turn back on.

If I turn on the TV and input 5 (PC) is selected the monitor turns off. When I turn off the TV the monitor turns back on.

Again, the only way to even reach this level of functionality is to enable "Quick Start" mode which I'd rather not. Even then it's still wigging out. I don't know peeps, this seems like a firmware issue.

I've kind of been  wondering if Displayfusion affects this one way or another on my setup.