AMD Ryzen "Quad-Core" Config Tested vs i7-7700k

I just came across this, tin hats, but makes me wonder

Ryzen Ram Guide

My Project Logs   Iced Blood    Temporal Snow    Temporal Snow Ryzen Refresh

CPU - Ryzen 1700 @ 4Ghz  Motherboard - Gigabyte AX370 Aorus Gaming 5   Ram - 16Gb GSkill Trident Z RGB 3200  GPU - Palit 1080GTX Gamerock Premium  Storage - Samsung XP941 256GB, Crucial MX300 525GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB   PSU - Fractal Design Newton R3 1000W  Case - INWIN 303 White Display - Asus PG278Q Gsync 144hz 1440P

Having a 1700 clocked to 4.1ghz, 7700k at 4.1ghz and a 5820k at 4ghz. I can safely say that the ryzen cpu is on par clock for clock. Now overclocking the 7700k to 5ghz is another story. The 5820k is slighty less so in the games I tested. CSGO was maxed to 200 on all three cpus. Crysis 1 the cpus were pushing aprox 80fps with my gtx 1060. Crysis 3 hit 70 on average between the 1700 and 7700k. The 5820k hit 65 average. I tested BF1 88fps on average between all three. The final game I tested was rainbow six siege and got 82 on average for bother except the 5820k where I got 65 for some reason. I used the same video card ASUS 1060 with 6gb ram, all at 1080p. All overclocked between 4 and 4.1ghz. As I said the 5820k at 4ghz, 7700k lowered from 4.2 to 4.1 and the 1700 from 3.0 to 4.1ghz. Anyways the gripe that the 7700k is faster is only because its higher clocked. Comparing the three at approximately similar clock speeds tell me a different story. 

I built the 5820k for my brother since he needs it for med school. Strictly the 7700k is my gaming system and the 1700 is my vbox/video encoding machine. So I am just saying Ryzen isn't that different in the margin of error of 2 to 5 fps. I would like to say the 1700 actually had higher minimums then either intel cpu. When people test a higher end card as opposed to a mid range 1080 vs 1060 you will get differing results. A 1060 is good for 1080p gaming so it will utilize the gpu more the 1080 is for 2k and 4k gaming. So in those scenarios it uses my gpu power with 1080p there need the be cpu optimizations. 

21 hours ago, Kloaked said:

It is essentially an i5 for gaming compared to Intel's current i7 CPUs.

no it is not, in the average and peaks maybe, but if you see the minimum frames it is extremely good.

//Case: Phanteks 400 TGE //Mobo: Asus x470-F Strix //CPU: R5 2600X //CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i v2 //RAM: G-Skill RGB 3200mhz //HDD: WD Caviar Black 1tb //SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 250Gb //GPU: GTX 1050 Ti //PSU: Seasonic MII EVO m2 520W

1 minute ago, Paragon_X said:

no it is not, in the average and peaks maybe, but if you see the minimum frames it is extremely good.

Yes, they are essentially an i5 for gaming, even with the better minimums. I don't know how hard this is to understand. You're paying a lot for a Ryzen CPU that gets you about i5 performance when you could have an i7 and be better off for slightly less or the same amount of money.

13 hours ago, Kloaked said:

Yes, they are essentially an i5 for gaming, even with the better minimums. I don't know how hard this is to understand. You're paying a lot for a Ryzen CPU that gets you about i5 performance when you could have an i7 and be better off for slightly less or the same amount of money.

they are much better than i5 in games, 

On 10/03/2017 at 0:35 PM, Kloaked said:

It is essentially an i5 for gaming compared to Intel's current i7 CPUs.

Game on any game that pegs 4 cores to 100% and you will see it is not because the framerate on the I5 and I7 will get tanked the hell down.

all this talking about Ryzen on par with i5 in gaming?, smh.

if you look at the benchmark from Steve HardwareUnboxed, in some modern games, the i5 is lagging far behind in minimum FPS compared to Ryzen 7,

while Ryzen although lower in average FPS, but it could still produce a strong FPS. Personally I would not even consider any Intel CPU this time, unless they adjust their price accordingly.

On 10/03/2017 at 6:41 PM, ZimFreak said:

Won't anybody think of the children night-mode users?!?

No, OP is part of a conspiracy among opticians to destroy our eyesight and become totally dependent on contacts or glasses.

Ok seriously if your getting 60+ FPS why are people pissed off? It's liek they just cannot stand if Ryzens good it to them HAD to be better or it was a failure? Good luck in the real world people.

14 minutes ago, Prysin said:

No, OP is part of a conspiracy among opticians to destroy our eyesight and become totally dependent on contacts or glasses.

sonofabitch.jpg

I KEW IT!  Lets gut the bastard!  Bet he's in on it with google, the jerks.