Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Clanscorpia

Backplate needed on Sapphire 480?

Posted · Original PosterOP

I'm taking the backplate off my card to bring to PAX to get signatures and I was wondering if I needed it for the card to function? It has adhesive on the back in a small strip and I don't have any thermal adhesive so could I just remove it or would that void my warranty. Thanks!

He who asks is stupid for 5 minutes. He who does not ask, remains stupid. -Chinese proverb. 

Those who know much are aware that they know little. - Slick roasting me

Spoiler

AXIOM

CPU- Intel i5-6500 GPU- EVGA 1060 6GB Motherboard- Gigabyte GA-H170-D3H RAM- 8GB HyperX DDR4-2133 PSU- EVGA GQ 650w HDD- OEM 750GB Seagate Case- NZXT S340 Mouse- Logitech Gaming g402 Keyboard-  Azio MGK1 Headset- HyperX Cloud Core

Offical first poster LTT V2.0

6 minutes ago, Clanscorpia said:

I'm taking the backplate off my card to bring to PAX to get signatures and I was wondering if I needed it for the card to function? It has adhesive on the back in a small strip and I don't have any thermal adhesive so could I just remove it or would that void my warranty. Thanks!

take it off the night before you go and buy some thermal paste at PAX/amazon and expect it to be at your house by the time your home

A8-7600 {} Gigabyte FM2+ Board {} CX430 {} Corsair Vengeance LP 8gb {} MSI GTX 760 2GB {}

Console.WriteLine("C# is aids");

You don't need the backplate for the card to function afaik but it could void your warranty, not sure.

Mark 16: 15

“And He said to them, ‘Go into all the world and preach the gospel to every creature.'”

My Rig:

CPU: R7 1700 OC to 3.8 

MOBO: Asrock ab350 Pro4

RAM: 8gb (2x4) Corsair 2666 ddr4 @2800

STORAGE: 1tb Toshiba HDD; 120 GB Toshiba SSD

GPU: GTX 980ti hybrid

PSU: CX750M

PERIPHERALS: Logitech G910, G930; G602; LG 29in Ultrawide, Toshiba 28in TV; Water Dancing Speakers

Other Devices:

Asus Chromebook C201

Samsung Galaxy S8

Xbox 360

Xbox One S

Nintendo Switch