Best way to have a monitor at the end of bed & disable it digitally

nobiggieBIG

I want a monitor at the end of my bed for netflix & chill...... jkjkj

Whats a way to turn it off so the signal isnt recieved whens its not needed

A8-7600 {} Gigabyte FM2+ Board {} CX430 {} Corsair Vengeance LP 8gb {} MSI GTX 760 2GB {}

Console.WriteLine("C# is aids");

A TABLE !!! Metal or wood. Not to big, not to small...

Simple rules:

- If it works, dont update it.

- You don't know how, just do it, you will learn.

- Test, restest, test again, and maybe it will do it.

https://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/sigs/sigimage.php?u=919931

I don't see a relation between your title and post...

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

Just now, kelvinhall05 said:

I don't see a relation between your title and post...

character limit, clickbait everything. Well....

A8-7600 {} Gigabyte FM2+ Board {} CX430 {} Corsair Vengeance LP 8gb {} MSI GTX 760 2GB {}

I've actually set a TV as a mirror to a monitor in an offic, and used a wireless power remote, meant for Christmas Tree Lights, to turn the TV on and off.  

Buy one of those things that turn off the power at the outlet

My life

Just now, Himommies said:

Buy one of those things that turn off the power at the outlet

but then my pc still detects it as being on, and will still try and use it as a monitor

Just now, nobiggieBIG said:

but then my pc still detects it as being on, and will still try and use it as a monitor

So?

My life

You'd have to run the monitor as a clone.  

Just now, Himommies said:

So?

i tried it before and i kept getting games outputted to it and other issues which would only resolve it self, im just trying to find out if i can disable the monitor through software

i tried it before and i kept getting games outputted to it and other issues which would only resolve it self, im just trying to find out if i can disable the monitor through software

Your pc will still keep running even if your monitors turned off.If you hold W in a game and you monitors turned off you dude will still go forward

My life

1 minute ago, nobiggieBIG said:

MS Display settings will let you disable a connected monitor.  go to: Control Panel\Appearance and Personalization\Display\Screen Resolution and change 'Multiple Displays' to 'Disconnect this Display'.  The system will still identify the display, but it will be in standby mode until you go back and choose to Extend or Mirror the display.

On 3/9/2017 at 5:26 PM, stconquest said:

That just doesn't make any sense, whatsoever.  Sort of like asking for help with electrical to attach a trailer to a vehicle....and you provide a link to purchase a trailer jack.

On 3/9/2017 at 7:15 PM, Doramius said:

I've actually set a TV as a mirror to a monitor in an offic, and used a wireless power remote, meant for Christmas Tree Lights, to turn the TV on and off.  

On 3/9/2017 at 7:26 PM, stconquest said:

13 minutes ago, Doramius said:

That just doesn't make any sense, whatsoever.  Sort of like asking for help with electrical to attach a trailer to a vehicle....and you provide a link to purchase a trailer jack.

Huh?

My suggestion is a more advanced "remote"... you know?.. similar to the remote you suggested.

The suggested remote controls the power outlet to the monitor, itself.  The wireless KB unit would be fine for a software solution, but there wasn't any statement of using it as such and didn't fully understand the reason for listing the link.

There is a solution, it's called get of your lazy ass. But no seriously, I don't understand the problem. Why should it not send a signal. I mean you monitor is off right?

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/13/2017 at 2:50 PM, kingkang said:

Why should it not send a signal. I mean you monitor is off right?

If you're using 2 monitors, press the power button on one.  While it is turned off, it is still recognized as a connected monitor. ;)