Those Mass Effect System Recommendations Were For 30fps

Guest Kloaked

Time to wear our tinfoil hats guys. I'll believe it when benchmarks come out. I doubt it'll run so poorly that it's locked to 30

System Specs:

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X

GPU: Radeon RX 7900 XT 

RAM: 32GB 3600MHz

HDD: 1TB Sabrent NVMe -  WD 1TB Black - WD 2TB Green -  WD 4TB Blue

MB: Gigabyte  B550 Gaming X- RGB Disabled

PSU: Corsair RM850x 80 Plus Gold

Case: BeQuiet! Silent Base 801 Black

Cooler: Noctua NH-DH15

3 years later and we still don't have a card that can hit 60fps on Crysis 3. the 1080Ti barely hits 50fps.

Corsair 600T | Intel Core i7-4770K @ 4.5GHz | Samsung SSD Evo 970 1TB | MS Windows 10 | Samsung CF791 34" | 16GB 1600 MHz Kingston DDR3 HyperX | ASUS Formula VI | Corsair H110  Corsair AX1200i | ASUS Strix Vega 56 8GB Internet http://beta.speedtest.net/result/4365368180

46 minutes ago, sof006 said:

Time to wear our tinfoil hats guys. I'll believe it when benchmarks come out. I doubt it'll run so poorly that it's locked to 30

Nobody said that it was locked to 30fps.

30 minutes ago, Kloaked said:

Nobody said that it was locked to 30fps.

But its hinting towards that judging by the whole "To run the game at 30FPS you must have this".

System Specs:

Just now, sof006 said:

But its hinting towards that judging by the whole "To run the game at 30FPS you must have this".

What?

So basically with my system ( specs in signature ) I could benefit more from upgrading the ram? and should be okay to enjoy Andromeda on medium/high settings? 

PC - NZXT H510 Elite, Ryzen 5600, 16GB DDR3200 2x8GB, EVGA 3070 FTW3 Ultra, Asus VG278HQ 165hz,

Mac - 1.4ghz i5, 4GB DDR3 1600mhz, Intel HD 5000.  x2

Endlessly wishing for a BBQ in space.

5 hours ago, Sakkura said:

Kepler gets rekt again. GTX 660 used to compete with the 7870, now it's 4 steps down the ladder competing with the lowly 7750.

The minimum requirements state a 660 or 7850 (which makes sense since they're pretty similar in performance). I'd be surprised if the 7750 would even run this game at 480p lmao.

3 hours ago, Dylanc1500 said:

Unless people want to learn to write assembly and then take the time to try and develop a full triple-A title. Even then it might not necessarily make it faster. I don't see that happening ever again due to time and money.

This game has been in development for 5 years. I think it will run fun, and i would bent several dice engineers help with optimization. This game has an enormous amount of content, and frostbite has never run games with these map sizes as of yet.

Main Rig "Rocinante" - Ryzen 9 5900X, EVGA FTW3 RTX 3080 Ultra Gaming, 32GB 3600MHz DDR4

5 hours ago, Dylanc1500 said:

-snip-

Question is, do you even sweat?

Groomlake Authority

So i can run this game at 60 fps low settings at 1080p :D!?!?!?!

Groomlake Authority

9 minutes ago, VerticalDiscussions said:

Question is, do you even sweat?

Funny thing is, it is actually very hard for me to sweat. I produce enough salt in my sweat that it will actually crystallize on my skin when I do. I have Cystic Fibrosis and that is one of the side affects.

5 minutes ago, Dylanc1500 said:

-snip-

Oh wow that must be horrible... you have to take medication before you do any physical activity or you cant even control it?

Groomlake Authority

6 hours ago, HarryNyquist said:

30FPS is playable whether you want to admit it or not.

Nope, it's not.

For me.

On-topic: good thing I had no aspirations to play this garbage game. Mass Effect died with Shepard. A horrible, cringy, red blue or green death.

19 minutes ago, VerticalDiscussions said:

Oh wow that must be horrible... you have to take medication before you do any physical activity or you cant even control it?

It's not to big of a deal it's one of the side affects of the disease. No it's not controllable, but it's ok. I just have to make sure to drink or eat things with a significant amount of sodium to make up for it. However, medication, oh lord don't even get me started lol. You learn to make the best of it!

32 minutes ago, shermantanker said:

This game has been in development for 5 years. I think it will run fun, and i would bent several dice engineers help with optimization. This game has an enormous amount of content, and frostbite has never run games with these map sizes as of yet.

Honestly I wasn't arguing that fact at all. Quite the opposite in fact. The original comment someone made was that developers just need to optimize games better. I was just explaining that the language level that most developers program (if they are actually developing by writing code at all) that they can only optimize so far. After that the only thing holding it back is that it has to be translated all the way down to assembly language (or faster hardware), which takes time. Translation actually takes a good amount of time verses writing code directly in assembly language. Since assembly can be directly read by hardware.

6 hours ago, Kloaked said:

ballmer-developers-o.gif

Hey thats my profile pic :P

On topic:

I have both the hd7750 and the gtx 660, so i could test them side by side.

I would be surprised if they performed identically.

[GUIDE] LGA 771 Mod for Dell Vostro 220 [GUIDE] LGA 775 BSEL Mod [BUILD] The Mighty Radeon-Powered Dell [VIDEO] Evolution of Intel CPUs

Can you game on an 8-year-old i7? Is the 4-year-old GTX 660 still relevant? Upgrading the HP Pro 3500

Main Rig:

Spoiler

CPU Intel Core i7 4930k @ 4.3GHz | Motherboard ASUS P9X79 Deluxe | RAM Hynix 32GB (8x4GB) 2133MHz CL11 | GPU Gigabyte GTX 980Ti G1 Gaming | Case NZXT Phantom 410 | Storage Samsung 850EVO 500GB, Seagate Barracuda 2TB | PSU Cooler Master G650M (650W) | Monitors x1 Dell U2515H, x2 Dell 1907FP | Cooling Noctua NH-D14 w. x2 NF-F12 iPPC-2000 PWM | Keyboard Logitech G610 ORION BROWN | Mouse Logitech Performance MX | OS Microsoft Windows 10 Pro x64

5 hours ago, MEC-777 said:

I'll be playing this for the story and gameplay, not eye candy.

....Liar...

f0609409adcbcb070d8a2ff5e9f62749.jpg

:drool:

2 hours ago, Kloaked said:

What?

I don't need you to understand me. All I know is I will enjoy Mass Effect at max settings.

System Specs:

3 hours ago, Kloaked said:

They did the same thing for that new Need For Speed game but the actual game was garbage.

NFS 2015/6 runs at an uncapped fps. 

http://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Need_for_Speed_(2016)#Video_settings

and to be fair, the game wasn't complete garbage. Ghost games took the NFS series to the right direction, bringing it close to the old days of Underground 1 and 2. but sadly it fell flat on its face, and then they suddenly abandoned it (i'm still pretty salty about it). the sequel is expected to be this year

Just now, Technicolors said:

I am aware of that. That's what I was talking about.

Just now, Technicolors said:

and to be fair, the game wasn't complete garbage. Ghost games took the NFS series to the right direction, bringing it close to the old days of Underground 1 and 2. but sadly it fell flat on its face, and then they suddenly abandoned it (i'm still pretty salty about it). the sequel is expected to be this year

It had an edgy try-hard story mode that tried to mimic the first Fast and Furious movie. There were other things that made it terrible but I haven't played it in so long.

1 hour ago, MoonSpot said:

....Liar...

:drool:

Yeah, that's not quite what I meant. ;) 

My Systems:

Main - Work + Gaming:

Spoiler

Woodland Raven: Ryzen 2700X // AMD Wraith RGB // Asus Prime X570-P // G.Skill 2x 8GB 3600MHz DDR4 // Radeon RX Vega 56 // Crucial P1 NVMe 1TB M.2 SSD // Deepcool DQ650-M // chassis build in progress // Windows 10 // Thrustmaster TMX + G27 pedals & shifter

F@H Rig:

Spoiler

FX-8350 // Deepcool Neptwin // MSI 970 Gaming // AData 2x 4GB 1600 DDR3 // 2x Gigabyte RX-570 4G's // Samsung 840 120GB SSD // Cooler Master V650 // Windows 10

HTPC:

Spoiler

SNES PC (HTPC): i3-4150 @3.5 // Gigabyte GA-H87N-Wifi // G.Skill 2x 4GB DDR3 1600 // Asus Dual GTX 1050Ti 4GB OC // AData SP600 128GB SSD // Pico 160XT PSU // Custom SNES Enclosure // 55" LG LED 1080p TV  // Logitech wireless touchpad-keyboard // Windows 10 // Build Log

Laptops:

Spoiler

MY DAILY: Lenovo ThinkPad T410 // 14" 1440x900 // i5-540M 2.5GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD iGPU + Quadro NVS 3100M 512MB dGPU // 2x4GB DDR3L 1066 // Mushkin Triactor 480GB SSD // Windows 10

WIFE'S: Dell Latitude E5450 // 14" 1366x768 // i5-5300U 2.3GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD5500 // 2x4GB RAM DDR3L 1600 // 500GB 7200 HDD // Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon

EXPERIMENTAL: Pinebook // 11.6" 1080p // Manjaro KDE (ARM)

NAS:

Spoiler

Home NAS: Pentium G4400 @3.3 // Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 // 2x 4GB DDR4 2400 // Intel HD Graphics // Kingston A400 120GB SSD // 3x Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 HDDs in RAID-Z // Cooler Master Silent Pro M 1000w PSU // Antec Performance Plus 1080AMG // FreeNAS OS

4 minutes ago, Kloaked said:

It had an edgy try-hard story mode that tried to mimic the first Fast and Furious movie. There were other things that made it terrible but I haven't played it in so long.

i didn't think it was edgy. but it did try to mimic the films a bit too much, and tried to appeal to the tuner crowd. i was surprised guys like ken block and nakai-san agreed to be included. 

stuff like the handling stood out as the worst for me. "phantom steering" as i called it, it was infuriating 

I mean really 'recommended' you'd expect it to be 60fps for it. Very odd, we'll see benchmarks though I'm really curious to see how it performs.
Though it just reminds me of 'consolisation' game development. Since it's not PC only game and these days they develop a game in different way too when doing so for multiple platforms. Not in efficient way, maybe money wise for them.

We'll see, somehow I don't expect it to run poorly but whatever. Excited to play none the less.

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

I would be kind of butthurt if I can't play this game on 60fps though. This article from pcgamer says that the recommendations are the same as battlefield 1 (which uses the same engine) so it might turn out better than the requirements lead to believe, I really hope so.

http://www.pcgamer.com/mass-effect-andromedas-recommended-system-predicted-to-run-30-fps-at-1080p/

PSU tier list // Motherboard tier list // Community Standards 

My System:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 3600, Gigabyte RTX 3060TI Gaming OC ProFractal Design Meshify C TG, 2x8GB G.Skill Ripjaws V 3200MHz, MSI B450 Gaming Plus MaxSamsung 850 EVO 512GB, 2TB WD BlueCorsair RM850x, LG 27GL83A-B