Windows sleep bug makes AMD RYZEN overclock higher and better benchmark results.

So as i was looking on youtube after some ryzen overclock, i found this video of a guy showing of a wierd windows bug/ryzen issue...

- windows is being put to sleep,

- wakes up the computer and now windows makes the computer overclock higher and produce higher benchmarks.. at least that whats shown.. some kind of bug/timer related to bios, windows, ryzen cpu is causing some wierd issues and results..

Updated video of the issue: with a bit of explanation... 
In the video see from 1:20 where he starts the timer and... then follow up and see how after "sleep mode" everything is messed up...

Original video of the issue: 

8 minutes ago, kladzen said:

So as i was looking on youtube after some ryzen overclock, i found this video of a guy showing of a wierd windows bug/ryzen issue...

- windows is being put to sleep,

- wakes up the computer and now windows makes the computer overclock higher and produce higher benchmarks.. at least that whats shown.. some kind of bug/timer related to bios, windows, ryzen cpu is causing some wierd issues and results..

Updated video of the issue: with a bit of explanation... 
In the video see from 1:20 where he starts the timer and... then follow up and see how after "sleep mode" everything is messed up...

Original video of the issue: 

comming next week intel bitches . so thats how their benchmarks were so good for twitch streaming . then amd says its a feature not a bug

main rig

Spoiler

corsair 750d | evga 1000w g2 | Gigabyte x99 soc champ | 5820k 4.0GHz | 1tb wd blue | 250gb samsung 840 evo  | Crucial Ballistix Sport XT 16GB 8x2 DDR4-2400 | MSI GTX 970 x2 | monitor Acer B286HK 28" 4K | razor chroma blackwidow  | razor death adder chroma

CENTOS 7 SERVER (PLEX&docker stuff)

Spoiler

NZXT s220 | evga 500w 80+ | AMD FX 8320e | ASUS M5A78L-M/USB3 | 2x8gb non ecc ddr3 WD red 2TBx2 | seagate 160gb microcenter 8gb flashdrive OS

Awwwwww....rip my INB4 post ;-; 

Anyway, I can already see how people are going to use this against AMD...I can't wait for this thread to become a nice weeeeee shit storm...

I do however wonder if it was intentionally done by AMD or is just another bug/issue regarding Ryzen...

edit: I do not need to be quoted 5 times for the same answer by the way :P 

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :) 

1 minute ago, Mr.Meerkat said:

Anyway, I can already see how people are going to use this against AMD...I can't wait for this thread to become a nice weeeeee shit storm...

I do however wonder if it was intentionally done by AMD or is just another bug/issue regarding Ryzen...

It's WAY to soon to tell if this is a ryzen issue... or  some wierd windows bug interacting with ryzen... (windows issue and not CPU issue)..

I think it Mostly a Windows or Motherboard Bug since Ryzen is new and haven't been tested on some Motherboards or Windows.

1 minute ago, gamerking said:

comming next week intel bitches . so thats how their benchmarks were so good for twitch streaming .

I mean even back in the days of Sandy and FX 8xxx CPUs, the FX chips would beat a sandy i5 in streaming so what did you expect when AMD pits the Ryzen chips against a 4C/8T CPU? :P 

I mean even back in the days of Sandy and FX 8xxx CPUs, the FX chips would beat a sandy i5 in streaming so what did you expect when AMD pits the Ryzen chips against a 4C/8T CPU? :P 

Ryzen will get beaten by some Xeons and maybe 5960x since it's 10C/20T. Why do threads even exist?

1 minute ago, GanstaKingofSA said:

Ryzen will get beaten by some Xeons and maybe 5960x since it's 10C/20T. Why do threads even exist?

You mean 6950x? The CPU that is over 3x the cost of the 1800x and 5x the cost of the R7 1700?

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

2 minutes ago, GanstaKingofSA said:

Just now, DarkBlade2117 said:

You mean 6950x? The CPU that is over 3x the cost of the 1800x and 5x the cost of the R7 1700?

Yeah not 5960x but maybe both.

17 minutes ago, GanstaKingofSA said:

I think it Mostly a Windows or Motherboard Bug since Ryzen is new and haven't been tested on some Motherboards or Windows.

20 minutes ago, Mr.Meerkat said:

i think this is a windows problem, it can be done on windows too, and because of that you cant do certain submissions to hwbot.com using win 8 and 10, 

if i am not mistaken if you boot with high bclk and in win lower it, your RTC  (real time clock) gets slower than usual and gives the same results as seen in the video

here is an article on it from hwbot:

http://hwbot.org/news/9824_breaking_windows_8_benchmark_results_no_longer_accepted_at_hwbot/

20 minutes ago, Mr.Meerkat said:

Nope, is obviously a windows 10 issue. Also not very surprising since we already know Ryzen works a lot better on Windows 7.

-------

Current Rig

-------

3 minutes ago, cj09beira said:

i think this is a windows problem, it can be done on windows too, and because of that you cant do certain submissions to hwbot.com using win 8 and 10, 

if i am not mistaken if you boot with high bclk and in win lower it, your RTC  (real time clock) gets slower than usual and gives the same results as seen in the video

here is an article on it from hwbot:

http://hwbot.org/news/9824_breaking_windows_8_benchmark_results_no_longer_accepted_at_hwbot/

AKA, Windows 10 is ass for benchmarking as well.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

2 minutes ago, Dabombinable said:

AKA, Windows 10 is ass for benchmarking as well.

ya.

it cant be trusted, ( is there any reason to :-|  )

Just now, cj09beira said:

ya.

it cant be trusted, ( is there any reason to :-|  )

Just watching the video demonstrating the RTC drift under Windows 8-its definitely a significant problem:

And all because Microsoft decided to design Windows 8 and newer to run on ultra cheap computers without RTC (which is the kind of BS that wasn't seen even with the worst of the shady motherboard manufacturers from the early to mid 90's)..

PMSL

Just now, Dabombinable said:

Just watching the video demonstrating the RTC drift under Windows 8-its definitely a significant problem:

And all because Microsoft decided to design Windows 8 and newer to run on ultra cheap computers without RTC (which is the kind of BS that wasn't seen even with the worst of the shady motherboard manufacturers from the early to mid 90's)..

its microshit doing its thing 

4 minutes ago, Dabombinable said:

But how would I have gotten my whindows 10 tablet with an Atom X5 for like 120 quid? :/ 

4 minutes ago, Mr.Meerkat said:

But how would I have gotten my whindows 10 tablet with an Atom X5 for like 120 quid? :/ 

You wouldn't have. You'd have have paid an extra 1p (AKA, RTC are really, really cheap to implement).

PMSL

You wouldn't have. You'd have have paid an extra 1p (AKA, RTC are really, really cheap to implement).

I know ;) 

It was a perfect opportunity to insert a  "post" so why the hell not eh? :P (and yes, my life is very boring and sad...)

2 minutes ago, Mr.Meerkat said:

I know ;) 

It was a perfect opportunity to insert a  "post" so why the hell not eh? :P (and yes, my life is very boring and sad...)

I don't think like that anymore. My mind has been ruined by the retards at MS :(

PMSL

I don't think like that anymore. My mind has been ruined by the retards at MS :(

:/ 

Dammit Microshite...