Can the base PS4 play 4K games?

Shadowychaos

Title says it. Can I play games like Horizon: Zero Dawn in 4K on my PS4?

Nocturna(Main Computer): CPU: i7-4790K    GPU: MSI GTX 970 4G    MOBO: ASRock Fatal1ty Z97 Killer     PSU: CX500(For Now!)    Case: Enthoo Pro M    RAM: N/A(I don't really know anything other than it's 12GB total, it's a mixture...)    CPU Cooler: Stock i7-4790K Cooler(For Now!)

UPGRADES IN PROGRESS:

PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 750 P2 80+ PLATINUM  RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB DDR3 2133 MHz   CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro Series H100i v2  GPU: GTX 980 Ti  

No. Just No

In essence the game has to be able to run at 4k and the ps4 has to support 4k

Maybe, but that would depend on the game, rocket league for sure could play at 4k 60 fps.

The geek himself.

2 minutes ago, Tenadisic said:

No. Just No

In essence the game has to be able to run at 4k and the ps4 has to support 4k

In addition, only the PS4 Pro can play games at 4k (I could be wrong here) and the games have to be supported for 4k. However, I think Sony made some sort of announcement about them natively upscaling all games to 4k if the user wants to. However, I not active in the PS4 area so that's just what I've heard.

if you are asking if you can play on a 4k monitor the answer is yes 

3 minutes ago, Being Delirious said:

Or Minecraft

Speaking of Minecraft, Minecraft for Nintendo Switch is 60$???? WTF MAN! It better go down to at least 30$, hoping 20$ but they'll probably want to make money and force it to be 30$ like the Wii U version. Even though the PS4, PS3, XBOX 1, XBOX 360 were 20$.

4 minutes ago, Being Delirious said:

Maybe, but that would depend on the game, rocket league for sure could play at 4k 60 fps.

Well, I'm pretty sure HZD does, but idk if the ps4 can handle or even play the game in 4K.

Nocturna(Main Computer): CPU: i7-4790K    GPU: MSI GTX 970 4G    MOBO: ASRock Fatal1ty Z97 Killer     PSU: CX500(For Now!)    Case: Enthoo Pro M    RAM: N/A(I don't really know anything other than it's 12GB total, it's a mixture...)    CPU Cooler: Stock i7-4790K Cooler(For Now!)

UPGRADES IN PROGRESS:

PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 750 P2 80+ PLATINUM  RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB DDR3 2133 MHz   CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro Series H100i v2  GPU: GTX 980 Ti  

2 minutes ago, phongle123 said:

Speaking of Minecraft, Minecraft for Nintendo Switch is 60$???? WTF MAN! It better go down to at least 30$, hoping 20$ but they'll probably want to make money and force it to be 30$ like the Wii U version. Even though the PS4, PS3, XBOX 1, XBOX 360 were 20$.

Wait really? That is some world class bullshit right there.

GPU: XFX RX 7900 XTX

CPU: Ryzen 7 7800X3D

3 minutes ago, phongle123 said:

$5 actually it should be.

The geek himself.

2 minutes ago, Shadowychaos said:

Well, I'm pretty sure HZD does, but idk if the ps4 can handle or even play the game in 4K.

doesnt really matter it only supports signals up to 1080p so.

The geek himself.

1 minute ago, Being Delirious said:

$5 actually it should be.

People still buy and/or play Minecraft though?

UPGRADES IN PROGRESS:

There are many games that the regular PS4 is capable to run in 4K, but Sony do not want to.

PS4 supports HDR, so I suppose it natively has HDMI 2.0 updated to at least 2.0a.

1 hour ago, Razzee said:

There are many games that the regular PS4 is capable to run in 4K, but Sony do not want to.

PS4 supports HDR, so I suppose it natively has HDMI 2.0 updated to at least 2.0a.

That's disappointing. I like PS more than XBOX, but that seems like a shit move by Sony.

UPGRADES IN PROGRESS: