Six Jobs That Automation Will Eliminate

Guest Kloaked

@dalekphalm

Trust me people find ways to get by any barrier. You have to have somebody or something to stop them. No barrier will stop a person if they are intent on stealing and do not think anything will stop them. 

10 minutes ago, Tellos said:

@dalekphalm

Trust me people find ways to get by any barrier. You have to have somebody or something to stop them. No barrier will stop a person if they are intent on stealing and do not think anything will stop them. 

Yeah so how does that contradict anything I said in my post? It doesn't. I clearly stated that a determined thief will still get in. You minimize the risk with deterrents like locked doors, live security cameras, offsite backup of the footage, audible alarms, silent alarms that notify police, etc.

Nothing you've said would stop that either. Things can and do get stolen from a business all the time - especially after hours when there's little or no staff around. A Rent-a-cop security person or a cashier isn't going to deter a thief any more than a locked vault door with alarms will.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

Half of my job could easily be done by a machine, and it will probably  be in the not so distant future.

And the other half too, if we forced everybody to electronic releases and E-bills.

Oh well, I'm going to school again to probably learn some trade that'll be automated in the next 20 years :P

Stock coolers - The sound of bare minimum

@dalekphalm actually have documented cases where jsut having somebody near by tends to make people hesitate.