50mm Led Fans?

SidneySmith

Hello guys, I'm almost finished with my new computer build, I should be making a unveiling post within a week or so. Anyway, I got a good deal on an x99 motherboard, 64gb of ddr4, and an enermax liquid cooler, all were tested when i got them. The problem for the build is that it is all green and black, but the ram is blue gskill ripjaw series. Instead of risking the ram by trying to remove the heat spreaders and paint them, I've decided to just get ram chip cooling. Now, I know it's unnecessary for anything I plan to do with it. I'm not getting it at all for its cooling, I just figured I could paint the Ram cooler as the one I chose would cover most of the ram. My question for you, is if you know of any websites selling 50mm green led fans? I was hoping to swap the ones that cam with the ram cooler. I don't to give too much up about my new computer build but if it helps finding fans, I have a raidmax gx viper green case. I should probably also mention that I can't just buy green ram, the cost to replace all the blue would be a couple hundred at least and as a senior in high school I just can't do that XD. If you have any other suggestions please let me know, while I have been building computers for years, this is the first time I've been able to build my own, and the way I want it.

2 hours ago, SidneySmith said:

Hello guys, I'm almost finished with my new computer build, I should be making a unveiling post within a week or so. Anyway, I got a good deal on an x99 motherboard, 64gb of ddr4, and an enermax liquid cooler, all were tested when i got them. The problem for the build is that it is all green and black, but the ram is blue gskill ripjaw series. Instead of risking the ram by trying to remove the heat spreaders and paint them, I've decided to just get ram chip cooling. Now, I know it's unnecessary for anything I plan to do with it. I'm not getting it at all for its cooling, I just figured I could paint the Ram cooler as the one I chose would cover most of the ram. My question for you, is if you know of any websites selling 50mm green led fans? I was hoping to swap the ones that cam with the ram cooler. I don't to give too much up about my new computer build but if it helps finding fans, I have a raidmax gx viper green case. I should probably also mention that I can't just buy green ram, the cost to replace all the blue would be a couple hundred at least and as a senior in high school I just can't do that XD. If you have any other suggestions please let me know, while I have been building computers for years, this is the first time I've been able to build my own, and the way I want it.

Why not paint it? easy and looks good, and i VERY highly bought you can get 50mm LED fans.

I don't want to risk damaging the ram by removing the heatsinks. Even if I could paint them with the ram still installed, I've never painted computer components before. If you would be willing to link a guide on painting them, I would love to look into it, everyone makes it out to be ridiculously hard.

On 3/8/2017 at 9:29 AM, SidneySmith said:

I don't want to risk damaging the ram by removing the heatsinks. Even if I could paint them with the ram still installed, I've never painted computer components before. If you would be willing to link a guide on painting them, I would love to look into it, everyone makes it out to be ridiculously hard.

It's pretty simple. You can loosen the adhesive by warming the heatsinks up with a hair dryer. Mask of with painters tape any of the heatsink you don't want painted like the thermal pads and use some spray paint.

Make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Alright, thank you. What type of paint would you recommend for this? Also, If i taped over the warrant section would they still know the heatsinks had been removed? If it helps for the paint  type, I'm looking for a green.

Edit: Dark green, will be using the raidmax viper gx green/black case. https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811156300&cm_re=gx_viper-_-11-156-300-_-Product

On 3/10/2017 at 8:45 PM, WoodenMarker said:

It's pretty simple. You can loosen the adhesive by warming the heatsinks up with a hair dryer. Mask of with painters tape any of the heatsink you don't want painted like the thermal pads and use some spray paint.

Make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

16 hours ago, SidneySmith said:

Alright, thank you. What type of paint would you recommend for this? Also, If i taped over the warrant section would they still know the heatsinks had been removed? If it helps for the paint  type, I'm looking for a green.

Edit: Dark green, will be using the raidmax viper gx green/black case. https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811156300&cm_re=gx_viper-_-11-156-300-_-Product

I usually use Rustoleum. 

Paint on the heatsinks would be a pretty easy giveaway that the ram has been tampered with. Plastidip should be easy to remove if you ever need to but I haven't tried painting ram heatsinks with that before. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.