NO POST - NEW Mainboard/CPU - Ryzen 7 1700X

Hi Community,

this is my first post in this Forum, and my native language isn't english, so I hope I'm not doing everything wrong on the first try here.. ;-).

I just bought new hardware to upgrade my rig; in Detail:

Motherboard: Asus Prime B350-Plus

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 1700X

RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 - 2133MHZ (2x8 GB)

CPU Cooler: Artic Freezer 13

Old Components:

Graphics Card: Nvidia GTX 960 (Gigabyte Windforce G1 Gaming)

PSU: Chieftec GPS-550AB A (550W)

incuding two SSD'S and two Hard-Drives

Situation/Problem:

I do not get any Monitor output after powering on the system (No POST) I tested all the old components (Graphics Card, PSU) with the old MB and CPU, and everything works fine. I also did try to use the onboard graphics - no result.

Switching the RAM Slots and only using one of the two slots did not work aswell. I used a two-Monitor Setup at my old rig; both monitors work just fine with the old system, but no output on the new Mainboard - not via DisplayPort or HDMI. I also used a Motherboard speaker, but it does not work with the new mainboard at all (Not a single beep).

I also dismounted and remounted the cpu. It is correctly aligned with the socket, and the FAN spins just right.

So right now, my main Problem is, that i cannot identify any issues, which I then could try to fix. Maybe I have forgotten something (Yes, I made sure, every cable was attached the right way).

I basically tried everything, which is decribed in this thread:

If it is necessary, I can provide more Information or even pictures of the setup.

Any hint of you guys would be helpful to me. Thanks in advance!

Ryzen has no integrated graphics... 

it's only for the APUs which are as of yet unreleased. 

Put your 960 back on, check ALL connections, and attempt to boot up. 

If it doesn't work, contact your place of purchase. Your board or memory is probably faulty. 

idk

Thanks for your quick answer!

Just tested it again with the Graphics Card in  both PCI-e Slots, still no signal.

It seems, as if you're right, and one of the components are indeed broken...

Hello there!

I have simillar config but with:

Ryzen 1700X

Asus Crosshair VI hero x370

2x 8GB HyperX Fury 2666Mhz

I couldnt pass POST at all, Changing memory slots etc did not helped at all. It started to move when i have used Flashback Bios to the Beta version. After that i was able to get into BIOS (UEFI) but still, had issues with Fan (error detecting CPU FAN) then couldnt pass post again.

Right now its stable, working and booting normaly, but beta bios have issue with CPU temp monitor, and fans on my AIO goes crazy no matter what (idle temps shows high when its cool).

My suggestion that worked for me.

-IF you feel good enough to try to update BIOS (if possible),

-Check with one stick all memory slots, maybe will be able to POST properly.

-Check your cooler - i have read already that there's some issues with too much pressure to the CPU, you can try to dismount it, reseat CPU and try again.

-By any chance, you can try different ddr4 sticks too.

Sad true is - ASUS has a big problem with BIOS on motherboards for AM4 at the moment, and to be honest - it might be quite hard in some configurations with RAM to get it work.

EDIT:

Forgot to mention. You can try to unplug all HDDs SSDs and DVDs, try to boot it without mouse/keyboard or any other device connected to USB.

I would update the bios if possible. Some motherboards have a dedicated USB and button to do this if nothing is on screen.

If that doesn't work, then return it. You have tried a speaker on the motherboard. If it was anything else apart from the motherboard then you'll hear some kind of beep. But seeing as you don't I'll say it's the motherboard / bios.

It's not a race to the bottom.

Hey Guys,

thanks for all the replies. I went to the store where i bought the hardware. Turned out that the RAM was not supported by the mainboard. In the store, we updated the bios and used different DIMMs. I changed RAM from Corsair to Crucial and now everything is working just fine.

So if youre planning to upgrade to Ryzen, make sure that the RAM is fully supported.