Change of Login Method

Go to solution Solved by colonel_mortis,

Unfortunately, there's no way to add a local password using the standard UI for some reason (and the devs have shown no intention of adding one), but if you reset your password at https://linustechtips.com/main/lostpassword/, that will allow you to set a local password, and won't automatically dissociate any other methods.

Right, i want to convert my account to just an email and password login, instead of logging in via twitter.

On some forums, you can simply unlink twitter and it will ask you to pick a username and password, here i get this:

Sorry, there is a problem

You cannot disassociate Twitter because you have no other method of signing in.

Error code: 1C122/I

Is there any way to do this? i'm happy to keep my username but i would like to set an individual password, and unlink from twitter.

-
Norman

For account related issues it's best you PM colonel_mortis.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

I'm on mobile currently i can't even load the PM page so i'll tag him here until i get home! @colonel_mortis

or not ^

1 hour ago, MLGMelon said:

I'm on mobile currently i can't even load the PM page so i'll tag him here until i get home! @colonel_mortis

or not ^

He reads all posts in this subforum anyway. But I have strong hunch he will just tell you to PM.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Just now, LoGiCalDrm said:

He reads all posts in this subforum anyway. But I have strong hunch he will just tell you to PM.

Just got home and PM'd him, hopefully i get a reply :D Cheers for the help mate!

Unfortunately, there's no way to add a local password using the standard UI for some reason (and the devs have shown no intention of adding one), but if you reset your password at https://linustechtips.com/main/lostpassword/, that will allow you to set a local password, and won't automatically dissociate any other methods.

HTTP/2 203

To be honest, I think the opposite would be a nice to have.  If you can login through Google, Steam, etc. why have a local password as well?  No matter how secure, any additional method of entry is just going to make it slightly weaker.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

5 hours ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

To be honest, I think the opposite would be a nice to have.  If you can login through Google, Steam, etc. why have a local password as well?  No matter how secure, any additional method of entry is just going to make it slightly weaker.

As a tech guy i can agree with both ways. I have a unique, strong password for each service, so if one is compromised then they don't have access to anything else. But having a single, hardened login with access to everything else also works. most password managers work this way. I'm just not a fan of linking all of my services together with one login. If that login gets compromised, if it's because the service was hacked, a vulnerability, or a weak password and no 2FA for some reason - they have access to much more than that one accoung.