Tim Sweeney says Microsoft is lying about some supposed Win 10 advantages, calls UWP "woefully inadequate"

Delicieuxz
10 hours ago, jagdtigger said:

You dont even have to deal with deb packages nowadays. There is a convinient gui application for software installation and updating.

I know, I'm typing this from an Ubuntu machine as we speak, so I know what you mean, but it's not always that simple. That "not always" is what I think really holds Linux back from becoming mainstream.

A Guide For Getting Started With Linux

My first rig:   CPU: AMD Athlon X4 860k Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper T4 MoBo: Gigabyte GA-F2A88XM-DH3 Video Card: EVGA GTX 750 Ti Superclocked RAM: 8GB Kingston HyperX Fury White 1866MHz Storage: WD Blue 1TB PSU: EVGA 100-W1-0500-KR Case: Rosewill SRM-01

6 hours ago, steezemageeze said:

I know, I'm typing this from an Ubuntu machine as we speak, so I know what you mean, but it's not always that simple. That "not always" is what I think really holds Linux back from becoming mainstream.

Im a linux user too, in my experience for the software that is required for everyday use you dont even need to touch the terminal or fiddle with .deb files ;) .

3 hours ago, jagdtigger said:

Im a linux user too, in my experience for the software that is required for everyday use you dont even need to touch the terminal or fiddle with .deb files ;) .

You're right, I guess most people wouldn't need to touch the terminal, they'll probably install OpenOffice and Google Chrome and call it a day. I like to fiddle and tweak, so I guess my view is kind of skewed on that.

A Guide For Getting Started With Linux

My first rig:   CPU: AMD Athlon X4 860k Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper T4 MoBo: Gigabyte GA-F2A88XM-DH3 Video Card: EVGA GTX 750 Ti Superclocked RAM: 8GB Kingston HyperX Fury White 1866MHz Storage: WD Blue 1TB PSU: EVGA 100-W1-0500-KR Case: Rosewill SRM-01