Ryzen No post/Bios

Hello, 

I just got a new ryzen cpu and mobo with ram. I got the LPX corsair ram 2x8gb 3000mhz, msi xpower titanium, 1700x. At first i thought it was the ram or mobo i decided to switch them and got my self a new board and ram but im still having the same issue , everything turns on fans spin including the CPU fan / radiator fans and also the gpu fans also turn on , but i get no signal on my display i tried different monitors and cords still same issue. i triple checked all my power cords and plugs , and even strip the system down several times still same issue. The cpus seems to be perfect all pins and also the boards socket looks perfect . Maybe i got a dead cpu ? oh btw the error code the board gives is 00 , according to the manual 00 is cpu temp/booting window .

someone help plz 

Do you have a sufficient cooler that is designed for the AM4  board? That would be the first thing I would test. Also check the manufacturer for a Bios update you may have to flash load. I had to do that when I Bought my Skylake as it was brand new.

I would rather agree on what we share, than fight on what we don't. - Myself

FULL PC SPECS ON PROFILE https://linustechtips.com/main/profile/454099-thinkfreely/

Thank you for the reply ! I have a corsair h100i with the clips which according to their website is compatible with am4 and it clips on fine really tight and secure. 

https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/support/X370-XPOWER-GAMING-TITANIUM.html#down-bios

their website only shows 1 bios no new updates i think. i will try to do the flash bios not sure if i should try it or wait for the new cpu that is coming tomorrow that newegg is sending me . i dont want to brick my mobo 

9 minutes ago, jeff04 said:

Hello, 

I just got a new ryzen cpu and mobo with ram. I got the LPX corsair ram 2x8gb 3000mhz, msi xpower titanium, 1700x. At first i thought it was the ram or mobo i decided to switch them and got my self a new board and ram but im still having the same issue , everything turns on fans spin including the CPU fan / radiator fans and also the gpu fans also turn on , but i get no signal on my display i tried different monitors and cords still same issue. i triple checked all my power cords and plugs , and even strip the system down several times still same issue. The cpus seems to be perfect all pins and also the boards socket looks perfect . Maybe i got a dead cpu ? oh btw the error code the board gives is 00 , according to the manual 00 is cpu temp/booting window .

someone help plz 

if its 00 it might be a cpu problem

Have you tried booting with only one stick of RAM?

Ryzen 5 3600 | MSI B450 PRO CARBON AC | EVGA GeForce RTX 2060 SUPER XC ULTRA |
Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO Black Edition | Corsair Vengeance RGB 2x8GB 3200MHz |
Phaneks Evolv Tempered Glass | Seasonic FOCUS Gold+ 750W |
Samsung 960 EVO 250GB | 860 EVO 500GB | 850 PRO 256GB | Toshiba 2TB 7200RPM

Yea i tried 1 stick of ram and also on several spots still nothing. this is my 3rd build that i have ever done my first 2 never had an issue , but i do see that this mobo has an 8 pin cpu header plus another 4 pin, my psu is a 750watt gold thermaltake but for the cpu it only has 8pin cord i tried the 8 pin plug on the board and also tried just using the 4 pin but still same issue . 

I read something about issues with ram above 2800mhz let me see if I can find it

https://www.dvhardware.net/article66073.html worth a look

also try one stick if you haven't already

Ryzen Ram Guide

My Project Logs   Iced Blood    Temporal Snow    Temporal Snow Ryzen Refresh

CPU - Ryzen 1700 @ 4Ghz  Motherboard - Gigabyte AX370 Aorus Gaming 5   Ram - 16Gb GSkill Trident Z RGB 3200  GPU - Palit 1080GTX Gamerock Premium  Storage - Samsung XP941 256GB, Crucial MX300 525GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB   PSU - Fractal Design Newton R3 1000W  Case - INWIN 303 White Display - Asus PG278Q Gsync 144hz 1440P

ty for the response, yea I tried lower ram also 2133 and different slots still nothing same 00 code :(

21 minutes ago, jeff04 said:

ty for the response, yea I tried lower ram also 2133 and different slots still nothing same 00 code :(

Have you tried reseating the CPU and cooler? Also, try resetting the CMOS.

to reset the cmos all you have to do is unplug from power and just hit the little cmos button right ? while system being off and unplug ?

8 minutes ago, jeff04 said:

to reset the cmos all you have to do is unplug from power and just hit the little cmos button right ? while system being off and unplug ?

If your motherboard has a CMOS button, yes. If it does not have a CMOS button, then there should be 2 CMOS header pins that you can short out with something metallic, similar to how you'd start your PC without a power button. A metallic screwdriver typically works the best for this.

ty for all the help everyone , i got some news i change the cooler to my old AM3+ clip heatsink cooler and it was a little tight to fit in but after i tried to boot it with that cooler and the error codes started cycling and it stopped on 0D code this time i tried it like 4 times and same thing cycles through different numbers and codes really fast, and it stops on 0D , the manual saids 0D " reserved for future AMI SEC error codes " What do you guys think ? 

The processor you have is retail, OEM or ES?

bought the CPU from Newegg brand new

1 minute ago, jeff04 said:

bought the CPU from Newegg brand new

On Asus boards, "00" equals a dead CPU, but sometimes also displays for a dead board.  Since this is your second board, I think it's safe to say that you have a dead CPU.  That is if you have made sure that all 12volt CPU supplies are plugged in.

So i went ahead and put my corsair h100i back in and now no more 00 error but getting 0D the manual saids 0D " reserved for future AMI SEC error codes " ... 

well im not 100% sure what mobo your using i didnt see it anywhere, i think i read it all lol. but im on the asus rog hero with the 1800x i was on bios i thing its 601 and posted but os would freeze up i was like ok fine ill do 702 boom no post at all nothing error code 61 cpu and ram light both on anyway my point is if ur on this same mobo try the bios 5803 that worked for me had to do usb bios flash back. posting and all but still have issues keeping me from using pc. and im doing a ram test u could try that to memtest86 +

I'm on the MSI Xpower titanium , i have never been able to get to bios i just keep getting no signal and no error code 0D, maybe the usb bios flash back can work i would have to try it 

go to msi site and see if they have any new bios versions or drivers and what not my internet driver seems to be making my pc freeze well at least til i figure that out and find anotther issue lol good luck. also im only seeing one bios for that mobo version 1.1

yea i only see 1.1 anyone know how to do this properly ? 

Step for using BIOS Flashback are in the manual.  

Using FLASHBACK+ button:
1. Connect power supply to ATX_PWR1 and CPU_PWR1. (No other components are
necessary but power supply.)
2. Plug the USB flash drive that contains the MSI.ROM file into the BIOS
FLASHBACK+ port on rear I/O panel.
3. Press the BIOS FLASHBACK+ button to flash BIOS, and the BIOS FLASHBACK+
LED starts flashing.
4. After the flashing BIOS process is 100% completed, the BIOS FLASHBACK+ LED
stops flashing and be off.

E7A31v1.1.pdf

theres 2 things in the bios when i extract it a text file and a .110 exe file do i copy both of them to the root ? because it also saids to rename the bios file to MSI.ROM both txt and .110 ? or just the .110 ? 

1 minute ago, jeff04 said:

theres 2 things in the bios when i extract it a text file and a .110 exe file do i copy both of them to the root ? because it also saids to rename the bios file to MSI.ROM both txt and .110 ? or just the .110 ? 

Put the both on there and follow the instructions.

ok so i did the BIOS flashback successfully the bios light was flashing took about 4min after that the error code went to 00 . i retry and rebooted the system again , and back to the same error 0D 

I'm in the exact same boat as you are. I have even tried updating the BIOS 1.1 and still a no go. I've exchanged my processor today and still nothing. No display, no BIOS, etc... 

I've used both RAM 3200 and 2400 and still nothing. Idk what the issue is it's driving me nuts! Lol