Does the NZXT Kraken x62 block the first memory slot on all motherboards?

Hi,

Does the Kraken X62 block the first ram slot on all motherboards I was looking at the strix Z270 but the x62 cooler blocks the first ram slot and on the x99 strix board it does the same thing is this the same for all boards with this cooler?

i really hope not cause i just ordered it myself and 4 sticks

8 minutes ago, MekaStrix said:

Hi,

Does the Kraken X62 block the first ram slot on all motherboards I was looking at the strix Z270 but the x62 cooler blocks the first ram slot and on the x99 strix board it does the same thing is this the same for all boards with this cooler?

It has enough clearance around the socket and will not block the RAM slots. 

6 minutes ago, W-L said:

It has enough clearance around the socket and will not block the RAM slots. 

I found this on an amazon review it why I was asking lol 

cpu.jpg

Just now, MekaStrix said:

I found this on an amazon review it why I was asking lol 

Oh looks like you may be right there it seems they used a really large block and pump unit, you can rotate the mount so the tubes are out of the way however. 

NZXT-All-New-Kraken-27.jpg

2 minutes ago, W-L said:

Oh looks like you may be right there it seems they used a really large block and pump unit, you can rotate the mount so the tubes are out of the way however. 

NZXT-All-New-Kraken-27.jpg

But then the NZXT logo would be upside down, might have to get a different cooler I should've looked into it a bit more when I bought it but I didn't expect an AIO to cause ram clearance issues lol 

But then the NZXT logo would be upside down, might have to get a different cooler I should've looked into it a bit more when I bought it but I didn't expect an AIO to cause ram clearance issues lol 

Yeah that's a new for sure, but I guess it is what it is. :( 

2 minutes ago, W-L said:

Yeah that's a new for sure, but I guess it is what it is. :( 

I need to decide on which cpu to get first the 6800k, 6850k or the 7700k then I can choose a new cooler xD

it look like it stands tall you may be able to remove the cooler part off the ram and have it low profile

17 hours ago, Stoggy26 said:

it look like it stands tall you may be able to remove the cooler part off the ram and have it low profile

It would be criminal to remove the trident z coolers lol

7 hours ago, MekaStrix said:

It would be criminal to remove the trident z coolers lol

When you planning on ordering yours?

like said above you can rotate the block, but if i'm right you can disable the NZXT logo led's and still have the ring led's ON.

Recent build: Fractal Design - Torrent reviewMeshify C / The 1080TI Strix Noctua modDefine S X58 Xeon build  / Specs: i7-14700KF 5.8Ghz - ASUS TUF RTX 4080 super - G.Skill Ripjaws 32GB 4000mhz CL18 -  Gigabyte Z690 Gaming X d4 - Torrent Fractal Design white - EVGA 850W Supernova G2 80+ Gold - Noctua D15

12 hours ago, Stoggy26 said:

When you planning on ordering yours?

Decided to stick with x99 and just got a amazing deal on a 6900k :D the first slot isn't important to me on x99 cause I only use 4 sticks of ram anyway but if I did go 7700k it would've meant I couldn't use all my ram

7 hours ago, MekaStrix said:

Decided to stick with x99 and just got a amazing deal on a 6900k :D the first slot isn't important to me on x99 cause I only use 4 sticks of ram anyway but if I did go 7700k it would've meant I couldn't use all my ram

this is my build looks like there alot of room so hoping the X62 will fit i recieve it tomorrow so ill let you know wish me luck lol

17203241_1467746656583183_298435237404158919_n.jpg

Just now, Stoggy26 said:

this is my build looks like there alot of room so hoping the X62 will fit i recieve it tomorrow so ill let you know wish me luck lol

your board looks like it has way more space between the socket and ram slots than the Asus boards 

2 minutes ago, Stoggy26 said:

The capacitors on your board have space between the socket and the ram slots but on the strix board they have no space between the ram slot they are up against them maybe it's just that they are place more to the right but it looks like the space between socket and ram on yours is bigger 

z270e.png

The capacitors on your board have space between the socket and the ram slots but on the strix board they have no space between the ram slot they are up against them maybe it's just that they are place more to the right but it looks like the space between socket and ram on yours is bigger 

I hope so cause you got me worried now lol

2 minutes ago, Stoggy26 said:

I hope so cause you got me worried now lol

I want this board but still don't think the nzxt x62 would fit 

13-132-838-04.jpg

Just now, Stoggy26 said:

that one looks tiny is it a m-atx?

na it's E-ATX bigger than ATX 

What motherboard did you use in the end?

I'm myself am planning a new PC, and i want the x62 and a ASUS ROG STRIX Z270H, but know i'm not sure if it is a good fit :S

I want the AIO to face the right way, and i don't want it blocking my RAM.

• 2 weeks later...

I have the Asus TUF Z270 and it slightly blocks the first slot on my board using TridentZ... I'm wondering if it's a bad idea or if it's okay to fill that slot even though it slightly pushes on the ram..