ReLive Instant Replay not functioning properly

Frankieanime158

I have an RX 480, 8gb Gaming X from MSI.

I have instant replay turned on, and when I go to save my gameplay, nothing happens, so I'll click save again, and it only records the time from when I clicked save the first time, until the second. I have it setup in Radeon settings to record 10 minutes. The icon is on the top saying it's enabled. I assume I don't have to click 'save gameplay' each time I wanna start a recording, because that defeats the purpose of the function in the first place. I've clean installed 3 times, same shit over and over. I just switched from a GTX 960, and since day 1 I've become less and less impressed with AMD's software. Crashes, hotkeys not working half the time, won't open entirely.. It looks great, but functions like ass. It's really starting to turn me away from AMD.

So what's going on with the instant replay?

Ryzen 7 2700x, MSI Gaming X RX 480 8gb, Asus ROG X470 Gaming, 2x8gb Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000, 120gb Kingston SSD (Boot) + 1TB Seagate Barracuda.

9 minutes ago, Frankieanime158 said:

I have an RX 480, 8gb Gaming X from MSI.

I have instant replay turned on, and when I go to save my gameplay, nothing happens, so I'll click save again, and it only records the time from when I clicked save the first time, until the second. I have it setup in Radeon settings to record 10 minutes. The icon is on the top saying it's enabled. I assume I don't have to click 'save gameplay' each time I wanna start a recording, because that defeats the purpose of the function in the first place. I've clean installed 3 times, same shit over and over. I just switched from a GTX 960, and since day 1 I've become less and less impressed with AMD's software. Crashes, hotkeys not working half the time, won't open entirely.. It looks great, but functions like ass. It's really starting to turn me away from AMD.

So what's going on with the instant replay?

I'm assuming you've DDU the old drivers?

From Nvidia, or you mean AMD when I reinstalled? Either way, I didn't use any software, but I went and deleted anything leftover manually from program files/data, app data, etc.

Ryzen 7 2700x, MSI Gaming X RX 480 8gb, Asus ROG X470 Gaming, 2x8gb Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000, 120gb Kingston SSD (Boot) + 1TB Seagate Barracuda.

5 minutes ago, Frankieanime158 said:

From Nvidia, or you mean AMD when I reinstalled? Either way, I didn't use any software, but I went and deleted anything leftover manually from program files/data, app data, etc.

From Nvidia when you installed ones from AMD. And you probably should've DDU'd. Additionally, they've been having some bugs with Relive since it's still pretty new. Maybe just use OBS for now.

Alright, I've never used that program before, but I'll give it a shot later. I'll clean everything, then install AMD's stuff fresh and clean. And yea, but it's 6 months in by now, that's such an upfront obvious bug, you'd think that would be a day one patch sort of thing.

Thanks though for the reply.

If you're using Windows 10, Xbox DVR is a good alternative to Relive. 

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

5 hours ago, xAcid9 said:

If you're using Windows 10, Xbox DVR is a good alternative to Relive. 

True, I noticed it actually has really good performance a while back. I'll give it a shot, thanks