cell phone SD card compatibility

johnyb98

Good morning.

My cell phone is a Samsung Galaxy Trend Plus GT-S7580.

If you see its specs e.g. here, with regard to SD cards, it supports microSD and SDHC up to 64GB.

Reading web pages, and looking at cards, capacities, compatibilities and adapters, I found

that SDHC capacities range from 4GB to 32GB.

Also, SDXC capacities range from 64GB to 2TB.

So, if someone wants to use a 64GB SD, should get a SDXC card. In order to use the XC card,

of course should have an adapter from SDXC to SDHC. I guess something as follows:

adapto.jpg

It concerns me the fact that from the one side 64GB is in cell's specs, but 64GB cards are XC cards, something that is not in cell's specs.

It only supports SDHC cards.

From the other side, there are adapters as in photo.

So, if I buy an XC 64GB card (with the corresponding adapter included in package), will it work? Or will I just throw some money and maybe

make some damage to phone's sd card bus/slot  or sd card itself, so I will not be able to use it somewhere else?

A little bit complicated. :(

Thank you for your time!

Im pretty sure that full size sd adaptor is not going to fit...

Anyway in my expirience it dosent matter if its HC or XC it will not matter. My p9 lite wanted a HC card, but i put in a XC card on 32gig and it works flawlessly

The image you show is a Micro SD to standard SD adapter. A standard size SD card will not fit in your phone. (Think Nintendo DS cartridge size for reference vs your small fingernail)

I'd say try the SDXC card in your phone. If it works then great, carry on. If not then just buy a 32GB SDHC.

I edit my posts a lot.

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you very much. Cleared everything about sd cards, sizes, types, etc.

Appreciate your information and time!!