Why did you choose an iPhone over an Android phone?

Maskot

I had itunes installed once many years ago. It was a horrible user experience and there was a noticeable and measurable slow down of my entire system. I'm not a candidate of "dumbing down" user interfaces by removing customization options. I feel as though people who own Apple products usually own them because they've done no further research into alternatives which are often better. I don't like paying inflated prices for new hardware, let alone hardware that has been on the market for years. 

I enjoy that most of the poll options have the same number of votes, meaning that it's basically a few people selecting all of the options. It unfortunately destroys the excellent visual that would have come from a less flawed and biased poll.

The options in your poll are part of the reason I'm against apple products in general. It's a bunch of closed minded sheep who are purposely ignorant to the facts. Thank you for making this easy.

Then why you did you list a lot of reasons that made the iPhone "better" in the poll? You're contradicting yourself worse than the Bible.

That's a reasonable question....followed by the not unexpected and typical Apple fan response...

because this is the iphone thread, go post in the android thread

Btw....when you ask for reasons why they had gotten an Android phone instead of your beloved iPhone, the reasons given, or opinions, on why they think Android phones are better is as valid as why you think iPhone is better in your lopsided choices allotted to us.

Also, if you do not like the way your thread is going....you can always start an iPhone mutual love thread where you can wax lyrical about the iPhone. It would be more suited for you as you and like minded others can share your mutual love and adoration of all things iPhones. You can be sure I won't post in such a thread as I have better things to do, like watch paint dry, I don't 'step' into iPhone specific or love thread.

Main Rig: AMD AM4 R9 5900X (12C/24T) + Tt Water 3.0 ARGB 360 AIO | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Xtreme | 2x 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3600C16 | XFX MERC 310 RX 7900 XTX | 256GB Sabrent Rocket NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 3.0 (OS) | 4TB Lexar NM790 NVMe M.2 PCIe4x4 | 2TB TG Cardea Zero Z440 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD | 2TB Samsung 860 QVO SATA SSD | 6TB WD Black HDD | CoolerMaster H500M | Corsair HX1000 Platinum | Topre Type Heaven + Seenda Ergonomic W/L Vertical Mouse + 8BitDo Ultimate 2.4G | iFi Micro iDSD Black Label | Philips Fidelio B97 | C49HG90DME 49" 32:9 144Hz Freesync 2 | Omnidesk Pro 2020 48" | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

2nd Rig: AMD AM4 R9 3900X + TR PA 120 SE | Gigabyte X570S Aorus Elite AX | 2x 16GB Patriot Viper Elite II DDR4 4000MHz | Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT | 500GB Crucial P2 Plus NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 4.0 (OS)2TB Adata Legend 850 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 |  2TB Kingston NV2 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Leven JS600 SATA SSD | 2TB Seagate HDD | Keychron K2 + Logitech G703 | SOLDAM XR-1 Black Knight | Enermax MAXREVO 1500 | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

I have android for it being much more affordable and open os. I used to have an iPod touch, it was fine, but expensive

Intel 3570k 3,4@4,5 1,12v Scythe Mugen 3 gigabyte 770     MSi z77a GD55    corsair vengeance 8 gb  corsair CX600M Bitfenix Outlaw 4 casefans

I have an iPhone 4 but I'll get a Nexus 5 soon

If you want to join a really cool Discord chatroom with some great guys here from LTT and outside this community then PM me!

I chose an iPhone because its simple, fast, elegant, and the camera is usually good on iPhones. All the default apps work fine for me...

Also I love apps and iOS usually has more exclusives and better apps (eg. ebay for iPad vs ebay for Android)

I've had a Nexus 7 2013 before too but I sold it because it wasn't for me. Its a great device but because I browse the internet a lot, I found the iPad to be 100% better for doing this.

Im very very tempted to get the Nexus 5/LG G2 but I really don't know what to do (I buy phones unlocked from ebay for cheap and just put in a sim-only plan - I save about £300/$480 by doing this), so I am able to choose any phone I want without being tied into a plan.

Right now I could sell my iPhone 5 for £350 and still have £50 left over if I bought a Nexus 5. Only downside - 4-5 weeks shipping estimate :/

~Reply Bait~

I chose to - and still stick with Android because

-Less user friendly because i'm elitist It's basically the equivalent of Win7 on phones, more customizable, more freedom. I like freedom.

-iPhone batteries are shit Present phones carrying Android have superior battery life.

-Tiny as hell and fragile screen Phones carrying Android have 5"+ screens which appeal to me. Some Android phones are also very well built. [Xperia Z1]

-Don't need kidneys for applications Play Store is free & awesome. Free is awesome.

-microSD, out of space? Swap it out!

Sorry, reading this thread's replies before posting just made me lol.

You started it, so I defended it.

According to my calculations you started it as you were the one who started this thread.  Anyways, I use Blackberry 10 and Android. 

Main reasons I don't use iphone:

-I don't like the single button setup

-to me the keyboard is terrible.  Swype on Android is excellent and the physical keyboard on bb is godly. 

-I find both Android and BB10 are overall better and customizable to my needs than iOS. 

-want to keep my information secure and Apple's numerous security issues on their iOS devices has discouraged me.

-Apps on Android don't cost as much

-Android is just more powerful, plain and simple.

| Currently no gaming rig | Dell XPS 13 (9343) |

| Samsung Galaxy Note5 | Gear VR | Nvidia Shield Tab | Xbox One |

I'm using android because I love all the extra customization, and my favorite app of all, Tasker, is only available on Android. 

CPU: AMD FX-8350 | CPU Cooler: H80i | Motherboard: Asus M5A99FX PRO R2.0 | RAM: 8GB Kingston Beast 1866MHz

Case: Define R4 | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 780ti | PSU: Corsair CX600M | SSD: 250GB Samsung 840 EVO

.... and a Partridge in a pear tree! 

iPhone because I like how it just works. I know android does to, but its just the simplicity of how it all integrates that makes daily life easy.

Research and Development at Digital Storm

Personal Website: www.DigitalNav.net

I had an iphone 4 but now im pretty happy about my note. My iphone 4 had a broken screen and was getting really slow. Therefore i choose a note 3. Big screen, quad core and 3gb ram, more open OS.

Hardware: Intel I7 4790K 4Ghz | Asus Maximus VII Hero Z97 | Gigabyte 780 Windforce OC | Noctua NH-U12P SE2 | Sandisk Extreme Pro 480GB | Seagate 500Gb 7200Rpm | Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | Noctua NF12 | SupremeFX 2014 | Patriot Viper 3 16GB.

Gaming Gear: Cooler Master TK Stealth | Sennheiser PC350SE | Steelseries Rival | LG IPS23L-BN ' 5ms | Philips Brillians 144hz 

As a software developer, I have irreconcilable differences with Apple concerning how to treat one's users.

That's why I chose Android. 

Although I have no issues recommending iPhones or iOS products to the right demographic.

I chose Android because it's:

easy to root and change ROMs

easy to customize.

Android gives me the options that apple does not have, this goes for both hardware and software. i like rooting and installing stuff and messing with my phone. plus i can customize it to the oblivion.

also i can not use the i phone because of the screen size. my smallest Smart phone screen was 4 inch. and that i larger than the biggest iPhone screen.(i know iPhone 5/s has 4 inch but its not the same.. its much more thinner)

now, do i think iPhones are bad? NO. is it for me NO, is there people out there think them self are superior because they use a iPhone, HELL YES !!!

would i recomend a iPhone to my mom, if she had the budget, Yes

WP8 user over here. 

It's a great operating system and it's also beautiful but the lack of Google Apps kill it, 

I NEED TO CHECK MY GODDAMN GMAIL. 

In 2 years I might stick with WP8/ 9 maybe? 

We'll see. 

If I do switch it will be to Android, mainly because I can't stand how small iPhone screens are. 

I have played with iOS7 and I really like it. 

As a fellow WP 8 user like u... i would like to ask.. Have you tried Android be4?

As a fellow WP 8 user like u... i would like to ask.. Have you tried Android be4?

Yup, why? To be fair it wasn't a high end android, more like mid end like what the Moto G would be. 

OS - Windows 8.1 Motherboard - ASUS M5A99FX Pro R2.0 Processor - AMD FX 8350 Black Edition RAM - 16GB 2x8 Crucial Ballistix Sport Graphics Card - Gigabyte Windforce 2 OC GTX 660 Power Supply - Corsair CX750M CPU Cooler - NZXT Kraken X60 Wireless Adapter - ASUS PCE-N15 PCI-E Adapter Fans - x3 Masscool blue LED 120mm Fans Case - Fractal Design Define R4

Monitor - Dell S2230MX 21.5-inch Keyboard - Logitech G105 Mouse - Logitech G602 Speakers - Logitech Z130 Headsets/Headphones - Tt eSports Shock, AKG K240, California Headphones Laredo Phone - iPhone 4S

Yup, why? To be fair it wasn't a high end android, more like mid end like what the Moto G would be. 

Nah mid end is also okay as long as it is running Android 4.2 and above... From my experience with both platforms.. really once you use android you wont go back to WP.. The increase customization and more apps are a big deal.. 

Nah mid end is also okay as long as it is running Android 4.2 and above... From my experience with both platforms.. really once you use android you wont go back to WP.. The increase customization and more apps are a big deal.. 

I have one problem with Android and that's that it's so tailored to be whatever the manufacturer of the phone wants it to be. That's why my fav android phone is the Nexus' because it's just stock Android. No bullcrap. 

OS - Windows 8.1 Motherboard - ASUS M5A99FX Pro R2.0 Processor - AMD FX 8350 Black Edition RAM - 16GB 2x8 Crucial Ballistix Sport Graphics Card - Gigabyte Windforce 2 OC GTX 660 Power Supply - Corsair CX750M CPU Cooler - NZXT Kraken X60 Wireless Adapter - ASUS PCE-N15 PCI-E Adapter Fans - x3 Masscool blue LED 120mm Fans Case - Fractal Design Define R4

Monitor - Dell S2230MX 21.5-inch Keyboard - Logitech G105 Mouse - Logitech G602 Speakers - Logitech Z130 Headsets/Headphones - Tt eSports Shock, AKG K240, California Headphones Laredo Phone - iPhone 4S

I choose WP8 because I find the OS is the easiest to use and navigate, and it feels very smooth even for a lower spec phone (and the phone is pretty cheap and solidly built). I'm not much of an app guy but all the apps I need are available in Windows Store anyways so I'm satisfied with that.

But if I were to get an Android phone next time, it would probably be a stock Android, only if it has a metal body of something like Lumia 925 or Lenovo K900.

No iOS love from me. My biggest gripe is the single button operation and the new UI is hideous. And plus it's an Apple..(</jk) ;)

Android because having more control and higher specs for the same price

Current System: CPU - I5-6500 | Motherboard - ASRock H170M-ITX/ac | RAM - Mushkin Blackline 16GB DDR4 @ 2400mHz | GPU - EVGA 1060 3GB | Case - Fractal Design Nano S | Storage - 250GB 850 EVO, 3TB Barracuda | PSU - EVGA 450W 80+ Bronze | Display - AOC 22" 1080p IPS | Cooling - Phanteks PH-TC12DX_BK | Keyboard - Cooler Master QuickFire Rapid(MX Blues) | Mouse - Logitech G602 | Sound - Schiit Stack | Operating System - Windows 10

The OG System: I3-2370M @ 2.4 GHz, 750GB 5400 RPM HDD, 8GB RAM @1333Mhz, Lenovo Z580 Laptop (Ubuntu 16.04 LTS).

Peripherals: G602, AKG 240, Sennheiser HD 6XX, Audio-Technica 2500, Oneplus 5T, Odroid C2(NAS).

I bought a 4S because I was (am) used to iOS.

MotherboardASUS M5A97 le R2.0, CPUAMD FX-6300, Graphics CardSapphire Radeon HD 7850 2GB,

PSU: Corsair CX600M, RAM: 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws X Series, HDD1TB Seagate Barracuda, CaseCM Storm Enforcer

I voted:

-Because it's not an Android phone

-Because it's simple

-Because it has a smaller screen

-Because of it's quality

• 2 weeks later...

I am moving off both my iPhone 4 and AT&T in the states. I am waiting to see the T-Mobile Z1 prices before I consider my options. However, two years ago when I moved from iPhone 3 to 4, it was only because of the $$$ I had already sunk into the App Store on IOS - and that may still be the deciding factor towards a 5S.... :(