EVGA Teases 1080Ti With 3 Fans!

JamieD

been waiting for that I have FTW 980 Ti x 2

(CPU) i9 9900K  (MB)ASUS ROG Strix Z390-I   (RAM) Royal Z Gold 2x8GB  40000DDR4 (GPU) Radeon VII  (CASE) Shift-X  (Storage)M.2 ADATA XPG8200 Pro/  (PSU)Corsair SF750 (COOLING)-H100I Pro   Folding ID Tim_Kelly

im not sure if i want to puke or if i love it... i just dont know, but its one of the two

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

2 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

im not sure if i want to puke or if i love it... i just dont know, but its one of the two

I'd take effective cooling over looks any day hands down. It could even be colored off-tan/beige and brown for all I care!

unzips

Just now, NinJake said:

I'd take effective cooling over looks any day hands down. It could even be colored off-tan/beige and brown for all I care!

that dosent make me more or less decicive if i really really hate it like i do all other EVGA cards or if this is a really good looking card. personal prefrense for me is Gigabyte for NVIDIA GPUs with their 3 fan coolers but they sortof screwed themselves with the cards this generation IMO, atleast EVGA made something even worse looking with the ACX 3.0 lol

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

4 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

Ya I've personally not been a fan of EVGA designs lately. I've liked was MSI, Asus and Zotac have done

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

I can't tell if I love it or hate it

It's a bit like a tri-x cooler crashed into an ACX 3.0 card

Snorlax: i7 5820k @4.5ghz, Asus X99 Pro, 32gb Corsair Vengeance LPX 2666, Cryorig R1 Ultimate, Samsung 850 evo 500gb, Asus GTX 1080 ROG Strix, Corsair RM850x, NZXT H440, Hue+

Smallsnor: Huawei Matebook X

Canon AE-1 w/ 50mm f/1.8 lens

Pentax KM w/ 55mm f/1.8 SMC lens

Zenit-E w/ 58mm f/2 Helios lens

Panasonic G7 with 14-42mm f/3.5 lens

Polaroid Spectra System

Why is this exciting? Windforce and others have been around forever

MOAR COARS: 5GHz "Confirmed" Black Edition™ The Build
AMD 5950X 4.7/4.6GHz All Core Dynamic OC + 1900MHz FCLK | 5GHz+ PBO | ASUS X570 Dark Hero | 32 GB 3800MHz 14-15-15-30-48-1T GDM 8GBx4 |  PowerColor AMD Radeon 6900 XT Liquid Devil @ 2700MHz Core + 2130MHz Mem | 2x 480mm Rad | 8x Blacknoise Noiseblocker NB-eLoop B12-PS Black Edition 120mm PWM | Thermaltake Core P5 TG Ti + Additional 3D Printed Rad Mount

1 minute ago, DarkBlade2117 said:

Ya I've personally not been a fan of EVGA designs lately. I've liked was MSI, Asus and Zotac have done

i have disliked the looks of every EVGA card iv ever layed my eyes on basically, TwinFrozer is borderline too, but this, this is either the worst or best looking cooler ever to come out of EVGA ever

Builds:

Spoiler

Just now, Swatson said:

because EVGA has never done tripple fan before AFAIK

Builds:

Spoiler

Just now, Swatson said:

Yeah, they're almost identical

Slikovni rezultat za gigabyte windforce 3

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

Just now, Bouzoo said:

Hey look three fans. They obviously copied Gigabyte ;^)

1 minute ago, Bouzoo said:

EVGA's looks nicer.

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

2 minutes ago, djdwosk97 said:

EVGA's looks nicer.

I really have to put /s almost everywhere. :P

And as a WF3 owner, it's quite ugly and heavy (WF that is).

Just now, Bouzoo said:

I really have to put /s almost everywhere...

In fairness....they do look very similar (there's only so much different a GPU can look), FTW3 just looks nicer. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

Just now, Bouzoo said:

I really have to put /s almost everywhere...

For the record, I would like to point out that I knew you were being facetious.

I would also like to point out that the video card could have a shit colored brown cooler and I would still buy from EVGA.

Just now, Kloaked said:

For the record, I would like to point out that I knew you were being facetious.

I would also like to point out that the video card could have a shit colored brown cooler and I would still buy from EVGA.

The new  EVGA NT-FTW3 edition.

Dang, I really want a 1080ti as short as possible, although this looks amazing.

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

i have to admit, this looks far better than the ACX cooler.. good thing i swapped it out on my 1070 and put a Hybrid kit 

Just now, Bouzoo said:

The new  EVGA NT-FTW3 edition.

I wish I could find that picture from the member here who ziptied Noctua fans to his video card.

Just now, Monkey Dust said:

So does the 1080ti run hot? Or are they just making it unnecessarily large?

i believe during the unveiling, the FE ran at 66c with a fairly large overclock. 

1 minute ago, Kloaked said:

I wish I could find that picture from the member here who ziptied Noctua fans to his video card.

This?