New PC build - fans go loud during even the lightest tasks

Hi! So I finished putting together my new pc today. Everything seems to be working fine except the fans.

I have two Corsair case fans : ML120 Pro & ML140 Pro. My CPU cooler is the Noctua NH-uh12s.

So, it seems that no matter what I do in FanXpert or Q-fan(Asus Bios) the fans keep at a low RPM then suddenly go ham for a few seconds before going back to silent. This happens even if the cpu is at around 31-39c, which shouldn't warrant such aggresive behavior, right? Just lighter tasks such as opening Chrome or another program can cause this.

The case fans are the primary culprits here. I opened the case and watched as the madness began, and it seems as even though the CPU fan also spins up, the majority of the noise comes from the case fans.

CPU fan is plugged into the right place. The case fans are connected to "case_fan1" and "case_fan2.

I did at first mount one of the fans the wrong way, I fixed that but it didn't help with the problem.

If needed here are my specs: ASUS Z270 Prime-A, i7 7700k, Asus GTX 1070 Strix, Samsung 850 500gb SSD, Ballistix Tactical 2x8GB 3000mhz DDR4. Win10

Maybe I should include some numbers! So, when opening the Battle.net launcher this happend: Casefan1 went from ~400 to ~1400, casefan2 ~400 to ~1200, CPU fan from ~290 to ~600rpm.

5 minutes ago, Lazerface said:

Hi! So I finished putting together my new pc today. Everything seems to be working fine except the fans.

I have two Corsair case fans : ML120 Pro & ML140 Pro. My CPU cooler is the Noctua NH-uh12s.

So, it seems that no matter what I do in FanXpert or Q-fan(Asus Bios) the fans keep at a low RPM then suddenly go ham for a few seconds before going back to silent. This happens even if the cpu is at around 31-39c, which shouldn't warrant such aggresive behavior, right? Just lighter tasks such as opening Chrome or another program can cause this.

The case fans are the primary culprits here. I opened the case and watched as the madness began, and it seems as even though the CPU fan also spins up, the majority of the noise comes from the case fans.

CPU fan is plugged into the right place. The case fans are connected to "case_fan1" and "case_fan2.

I did at first mount one of the fans the wrong way, I fixed that but it didn't help with the problem.

If needed here are my specs: ASUS Z270 Prime-A, i7 7700k, Asus GTX 1070 Strix, Samsung 850 500gb SSD, Ballistix Tactical 2x8GB 3000mhz DDR4. Win10

Maybe I should include some numbers! So, when opening the Battle.net launcher this happend: Casefan1 went from ~400 to ~1400, casefan2 ~400 to ~1200, CPU fan from ~290 to ~600rpm.

can you fix for night theme user please :)

thank you :)

CPU: Intel9-9900k 5.0GHz at 1.36v  | Cooling: Custom Loop | MOTHERBOARD: ASUS ROG Z370 Maximus X Hero | RAM: CORSAIR 32GB DDR4-3200 VENGEANCE PRO RGB  | GPU: Nvidia RTX 2080Ti | PSU: CORSAIR RM850X + Cablemod modflex white cables | BOOT DRIVE: 250GB SSD Samsung 850 evo | STORAGE: 7.75TB | CASE: Fractal Design Define R6 BLackout | Display: SAMSUNG OLED 34 UW | Keyboard: HyperX Alloy elite RGB |  Mouse: Corsair M65 PRO RGB | OS: Windows 10 Pro | Phone: iPhone 11 Pro Max 256GB

look if you have the latest bios version. the bios may look at the voltage increasing a bit and thus increasing the rpm

~i5-7600k @5GHz ~Be Quiet! Dark rock 3 ~MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G ~Gigabyte GA-Z270-gaming K3 ~Corsair Vengeance Red led ~NZXT S340 Elite

9 minutes ago, Glennieboyyy007 said:

look if you have the latest bios version. the bios may look at the voltage increasing a bit and thus increasing the rpm

I actually updated the BIOS before installing windows - something that I now regret. I guess that could be the reason for this, and I have a creeping suspicion that rolling back the BIOS isn't easy.

Anyway, "Q-fan control" in the BIOS is set to use PWM so voltage shouldn't be a problem right?

2 hours ago, Lazerface said:

I actually updated the BIOS before installing windows - something that I now regret. I guess that could be the reason for this, and I have a creeping suspicion that rolling back the BIOS isn't easy.

Rolling back to an older bios should be the same process as updating to a newer one.

Check your fan curve settings for each header. If you find them. Too loud, lower them.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.