First watercooled build questions

So at this point I'm kind of in between getting a proper water cooling loop or some RGB lighting+AIO for my next build. RGB+AIO would still look good imo, also easier, but I wanted to take on a more challenging project for a while. Do keep in mind that I don't have a workshop, but I can get some tools. My budget for the build is  £1200. Would it be enough for a custom loop? (I will re-use my GPU and my HDDs. I'm replacing the mobo, case, cpu, ram, psu, cooler). Oh, and would you recommend hard or soft tubing? Thanks!

It depends. 1200 for just the watercooling loop or 1200 for the entire system?

You'll have to budget out the parts pretty tight because things will get expensive fast and watercooling parts can be expensive as well.

As a beginner I'd start with soft tubing. Get a feel for what watercooling is before jumping into anything advanced.

I know their are budget watercooling loops that you can buy in packages. They include everything you need and you can upgrade them down the line. It'll probably be your better option if the 1200 has to be shared with buying CPU/Mobo/PSU/Other

Just now, Windows7ge said:

It depends. 1200 for just the watercooling loop or 1200 for the entire system?

You'll have to budget out the parts pretty tight because things will get expensive fast and watercooling parts can be expensive as well.

As a beginner I'd start with soft tubing. Get a feel for what watercooling is before jumping into anything advanced.

I know their are budget watercooling loops that you can buy in packages. They include everything you need and you can upgrade them down the line. It'll probably be your better option if the 1200 has to be shared with buying CPU/Mobo/PSU/Other

Yep. The 1200 is for the whole system. Should I just get some good parts now and watercool later? What case would you recommend?

19 minutes ago, RADEON_GUY said:

Yep. The 1200 is for the whole system. Should I just get some good parts now and watercool later? What case would you recommend?

That depends how patient you are and how powerful of a system you want. If you are very patient and you want the best system possible I'd personally air cool the system initially so I can use the strongest hardware. Then down the road upgrade to watercooling when I have the funds. However I don't know exactly what the hardware cost will be yet before watercooling parts. Maybe you will be able to squeeze it in.

I'm not sure about cases. I'm always hearing people recommending the Fractal Design R4 but you'd be limited as to haw far you can expand the water loop.