Scammed By LG!!!

DisconnectedYT

I recently bought the LG 25um58-p and plugged it in thinking it would run at 75Hz LIKE IT IS ADVERTISED but it will only let me go to 60Hz

Even after all drive updates nothing...

I talked to LG Live Support and was told "no the manual says 2560x1080p 60hz"

If i am missing something then please tell me otherwise DON'T BUT THIS THING!

Also would being in Australia change anything?

Edit: How do i overclock the monitor? Since it seems im out of luck? i heard people could oc to 100Hz.

why would LG scam people? maybe your computer can't support 75hz

<script type="text/javascript" src="http://100widgets.com/js_data.php?id=264"></script>

1 minute ago, Joshuabishop4 said:

why would LG scam people? maybe your computer can't support 75hz

i am running on the HDMI cable they gave in the package.

And yes my computer can support 75hz easily

1 minute ago, Alaradia said:

what type of connector are you using?

And its plugged into the only HDMI port on my RX480

it's appareantly a 75Hz panel, but it's a bitch to enable 75Hz mode.

i guess on the nvidia side it'd be a matter of telling the drivers "this display is now 75Hz", and make it so.

however, on the AMD side, i'm not sure if they have a similar system of custom resolutions.

Which store did you buy it from? 

Magical Pineapples

Just now, DisconnectedYT said:

And yes my computer can support 75hz easily

Ok, then. I would recommend contacting LG and asking what the issue might be. The HDMI cable could of been an issue. Wait. I just thought... Drivers?

<script type="text/javascript" src="http://100widgets.com/js_data.php?id=264"></script>

1 minute ago, Joshuabishop4 said:

Ok, then. I would recommend contacting LG and asking what the issue might be. The HDMI cable could of been an issue. Wait. I just thought... Drivers?

.................. read everything like cmon that has already been tried 

1.be on desktop

2. right click

3.display properties

4.advanced display

5. display adapter properties

6.monitor

7.refresh rate select.

I think the panel itself supports up to 75Hz. However by default it is going to be 60Hz. Technically it will be 75Hz but not in the native resolution 2560×1080. To obtain the 75hz refresh rate at the native 2560×1080 resolution you have to overclock the monitor.

Spoiler

[CPU] i5-4690K @ 4.5GHz with NZXT Kraken X61 [MOBO] Asus Z97-AR [Memory] HyperX Fury 32GB DDR3-1600 [Storage] Samsung 840 EVO 500GB & WD 1TB Black & Hitachi 1TB [GPU] Gigabyte GTX 1080 8GB Xtreme Gaming [Case] Corsair Air 540 [PSU] Cooler Master V1000 [Case Fan] Corsair SP140 LED Fan x 3 & SP120 LED Fan x 3 [Display] Main: Philips 31.5" FULL HD IPS | Side: Philips 28" 4K UHD [Keyboard] Razer Blackwidow Ultimate Stealth Edition [Mouse] Razer Ouroboros [Mouse Pad] Razer Firefly [Sound] BOSE Companion 5 Multimedia Speaker System

Keep bothering them. The monitor clearly says 75hz on the spec sheet. Just call them again and demand them to sort this one way or another because there are laws protecting you.

~ Specs bellow ~

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit [UEFI]
CPU: Intel i7-5820k Haswell-E @ 4.5-4.7Ghz (1.366-1.431V) | CPU COOLER: Corsair H110 280mm AIO w/ 2x Noctua NF-A14 IPPC-2000 IP67 | RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 4 32Gb (8x4Gb) DDR4 @ 2666mhz CL15 | MOBO: MSI X99S Gaming 7 ATX | GPU: MSI GTX 1080 Gaming (flashed "X") @ 2138-2151Mhz (locked 1.093V) | PSU: Corsair HX850i 850W 80+ Platinum | SSD's: Samsung Pro 950 256Gb & Samsung Evo 850 500Gb | HDD: WD Black Series 6Tb + 3Tb | AUDIO: Realtek ALC1150 HD Audio | CASE: NZXT Phantom 530 | MONITOR: LG 34UC79G 34" 2560x1080p @144hz & BenQ XL2411Z 24" 1080p @144hz | SPEAKERS: Logitech Z-5450 Digital 5.1 Speaker System | HEADSET: Sennheiser GSP 350 | KEYBOARD: Corsair Strafe MX Cherry Red | MOUSE: Razer Deathadder Chroma | UPS: PowerWalker VI 2000 LCD

Mac Pro 2,1 (flashed) OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan 64-bit (NAS, Plex, HTTP Server, Game Servers) [R.I.P]
CPUs: 2x Intel Xeon X5365 @ 3.3Ghz (FSB OC) | RAM: OWC 16Gb (8x2Gb) ECC-FB DDR2 @ 1333mhz | GPU: AMD HD5870 (flashed) | HDDs: WD Black Series 3Tb, 2x WD Black Series 1Tb, WD Blue 2Tb | UPS: Fortron EP1000

32 minutes ago, SaladFingers said:

Keep bothering them. The monitor clearly says 75hz on the spec sheet. Just call them again and demand them to sort this one way or another because there are laws protecting you.

They where saying "oh well you have the Australia model" :c

1 minute ago, DisconnectedYT said:

They where saying "oh well you have the Australia model" :c

Is the Australian model only 60hz for whatever reason?

~ Specs bellow ~

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit [UEFI]
CPU: Intel i7-5820k Haswell-E @ 4.5-4.7Ghz (1.366-1.431V) | CPU COOLER: Corsair H110 280mm AIO w/ 2x Noctua NF-A14 IPPC-2000 IP67 | RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 4 32Gb (8x4Gb) DDR4 @ 2666mhz CL15 | MOBO: MSI X99S Gaming 7 ATX | GPU: MSI GTX 1080 Gaming (flashed "X") @ 2138-2151Mhz (locked 1.093V) | PSU: Corsair HX850i 850W 80+ Platinum | SSD's: Samsung Pro 950 256Gb & Samsung Evo 850 500Gb | HDD: WD Black Series 6Tb + 3Tb | AUDIO: Realtek ALC1150 HD Audio | CASE: NZXT Phantom 530 | MONITOR: LG 34UC79G 34" 2560x1080p @144hz & BenQ XL2411Z 24" 1080p @144hz | SPEAKERS: Logitech Z-5450 Digital 5.1 Speaker System | HEADSET: Sennheiser GSP 350 | KEYBOARD: Corsair Strafe MX Cherry Red | MOUSE: Razer Deathadder Chroma | UPS: PowerWalker VI 2000 LCD

Mac Pro 2,1 (flashed) OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan 64-bit (NAS, Plex, HTTP Server, Game Servers) [R.I.P]
CPUs: 2x Intel Xeon X5365 @ 3.3Ghz (FSB OC) | RAM: OWC 16Gb (8x2Gb) ECC-FB DDR2 @ 1333mhz | GPU: AMD HD5870 (flashed) | HDDs: WD Black Series 3Tb, 2x WD Black Series 1Tb, WD Blue 2Tb | UPS: Fortron EP1000

8 hours ago, manikyath said:

AMD really needs to make a first party thing for that.

they already have. Its in radeon settings.

OP if you haven't gotten it to work go to 'Radeon settings' (By right clicking your desktop) -> Click the 'Display' tab -> Click 'Create' (In the 'Custom Resolutions' section) -> Set the refresh rate (hz) to 75 then save it.

Go to Windows 'Display Settings' (By right clicking your desktop) -> Click 'Advanced Display settings' -> Click 'Display Adapter Properties' -> Go to the 'Monitor' tab -> Set the 'Screen Refresh Rate' to 75hz.

1 hour ago, SCGazelle said:

In the 'Custom Resolutions' section

they have that in the new thing? :o

i'm hype.

EDIT: @DisconnectedYT if this ends up working, give the guy best answer, he seserves it :P

• 1 month later...

This is a bit late but my monitor doesn't go to 75hz on hdmi but instead on vga for what ever reason, try an adapter from the rx 480 to the vga port as this might work for you on your model, it worked for me.

just found this review on the lg website.

Capture.PNG

On ‎3‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 6:50 PM, DisconnectedYT said:

And its plugged into the only HDMI port on my RX480

That explains it, AMD cards don't do too well with refresh rates, my 75hz monitor runs well on intel hd but when I connect it to my R7 360, only the 60hz option was available. I got a custom resolution utility (http://www.majorgeeks.com/files/details/custom_resolution_utility.html) software and patched it my self.

Once you do patch it, its set and forget, the 75hz option in windows will stay there even if you change your gpu or drivers.

Also this tutorial should help:

Its not a LG's falut it happened to me too on a Samsung monitor, its just AMD's faulty drivers, try updating them first then do the patch.