f*ck computers

caseyf
Go to solution Solved by AnonymousGuy,

I highly recommend using pliers to get those audio connectors in.

Workstation:  13700k @ 5.5Ghz || Gigabyte Z790 Ultra || MSI Gaming Trio 4090 Shunt || TeamGroup DDR5-7800 @ 7000 || Corsair AX1500i@240V || whole-house loop.

LANRig/GuestGamingBox: 9900nonK || Gigabyte Z390 Master || ASUS TUF 3090 650W shunt || Corsair SF600 || CPU+GPU watercooled 280 rad pull only || whole-house loop.

Server Router (Untangle): 13600k @ Stock || ASRock Z690 ITX || All 10Gbe || 2x8GB 3200 || PicoPSU 150W 24pin + AX1200i on CPU|| whole-house loop

Server Compute/Storage: 10850K @ 5.1Ghz || Gigabyte Z490 Ultra || EVGA FTW3 3090 1000W || LSI 9280i-24 port || 4TB Samsung 860 Evo, 5x10TB Seagate Enterprise Raid 6, 4x8TB Seagate Archive Backup ||  whole-house loop.

Laptop: HP Elitebook 840 G8 (Intel 1185G7) + 3080Ti Thunderbolt Dock, Razer Blade Stealth 13" 2017 (Intel 8550U)

11 minutes ago, caseyf said:

i thought they would work just fine because ive seen plenty of people do phanteks enthoo evolv + msi z170a m7 combos. im watching a video from bitwit too where he does it with no effort at all and it goes in super quick

That's just it with some experienced youtube builders they make it look easy. Sometimes it is difficult for first timers and the youtuber forgets this aspect.

I would strongly suggest (from experience with tight fittings myself) is to takeout the motherboard and apply pressure from the opposite side of the plug, this way you are not putting pressure on the connection to the motherboard and break it off.

Pliers or tweezers for the audio connector can help.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

1 minute ago, AnonymousGuy said:

dude i f*cking love you, i got the audio in with pliers

Just now, SansVarnic said:

That's just it with some experienced youtube builders they make it look easy. Sometimes it is difficult for first timers and the youtuber forgets this aspect.

I would strongly suggest (from experience with tight fittings myself) is to takeout the motherboard and apply pressure from the opposite side of the plug, this way you are not putting pressue on the connection to the motherboard and break it off.

i finally got it in using pliers on the audio and struggling with the usb 3, thanks tho

Make sure the tab on th plug is lined up with the cut out. This one you may have push pretty hard it can sometimes be fairly difficult to insert.

Capture.JPG

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

2 minutes ago, SansVarnic said:

Make sure the tab on th plug is lined up with the cut out.

Capture.JPG

btw i did do that whole time, it would be stupid to only push right side and break it, i got it in like 10 mins ago tho so were good now

Glad you got it, my first build was a nightmare too but not this bad, I kept messaging my one friend like HELP

Please Quote me when replying.
CPU
 - Ryzen 7 5800X3D | RAM - 32GB DDR4 4000Mhz | MB - MSI B550 A-PRO | Boot - 2TB NVME 980 Evo Plus | GPU - EVGA FTW3 RTX 3090 24GB

Just now, OnionRings said:

Glad you got it, my first build was a nightmare too but not this bad, I kept messaging my one friend like HELP

i have a friend thats a admin on tomshardware but hes with his gf so i couldnt ask him

just use an adaptor and run it as usb 2 speeds

Just now, Jordyboy3 said:

just use an adaptor and run it as usb 2 speeds

already fixed it

Just now, caseyf said:

already fixed it

oops didn't update the page

1 hour ago, caseyf said:

im a first time builder and holy shit im never doing this again, i know where shit goes after hours of research and i cant even fit them in, and i struggle to fucking get the audio fucking pin thing in and the sharp edges are fucking destroying my fingers and making me bleed and still haven't got it in. fuck this shit, how to builders on youtube fucking put it in like nothing, i cant even do usb 3. im ready to punch a fucking wall at this point

did a mod just delete my comment? 

@caseyf

For future FYI your initial post was unwise and is not regarded well in this forum. You will not get positive feedback (obviously that was self evident from the first page.)

3 minutes ago, nerdslayer1 said:

did a mod just delete my comment? 

Mods will modify posts, I would suggest you use less profanity in your title and posting as we do have minors in this forum and it borderlines the Community Standards in regard to behavior. 

Spoiler

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

47 minutes ago, GoodBytes said:

As for the USB 3.0, simple... the plug is in diagonal, because the case opening isn't large enougth for the big plug. So it doesn't fit  nicely as you want. So it doesn't fit. You can cut the case opening larger to have more space, but that is a mod project, or you can pass the wire differently (less nice)

Thank god you said it so that I didn't have to. But there's another factor as well - MSI's USB 3.0 headers don't really seem consistent on how much pressure it takes to install the cable. My Gaming Pro Carbon has 2 headers, and one was an extremely tight fit, tighter than my Gigabyte mITX mobo, and the other was a smooth installation, almost like throwing a hotdog down a hallway.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

Just now, SansVarnic said:

@caseyf

For future FYI your initial post was unwise and is not regarded well in this forum. You will not get positive feedback (obviously that was self evident from the first page.)

Mods will modify posts, I would suggest you use less profanity in your title and posting as we do have minors in this forum and it borderlines the Community Standards in regard to behavior. 

.... what, i didn't say anything graphic "intercourse" is a word that's vary civil, mods seem to be butthurt. OP has the word "f*ck" in his post. 

1 minute ago, SansVarnic said:

@caseyf

yea im sorry about that, I was expecting a mod to just delete my post but i was superrrrr frustrated when first posted

OP. I'm not responding to help however; you're not blaming anyone but yourself right now and I genuinely appreciate that. Far to often a thread is made with the poster just being mad at everyone else, you didn't. Your just mad swearing and shit. That's cool bro.

Thank you, and GG.

I7-7700k@5.1ghz + 1080ti @ 2050mhz + 32gbs Ram + 2TB SSD = CSGO

i7-6700k@4.9ghz + 980ti @ 1501mhz + 16gbs Ram + 1 TB SSD = Backup

i7-3770k@4.8ghz + 680 4gb + 32gbs Ram + 500gb SSD = Retired/Office work

26 minutes ago, caseyf said:

yea im sorry about that, I was expecting a mod to just delete my post but i was superrrrr frustrated when first posted

No problem your new here (at least going by thread count) and I wanted to make sure you were aware.  

18 minutes ago, PCMasterDebater said:

OP. I'm not responding to help however; you're not blaming anyone but yourself right now and I genuinely appreciate that. Far to often a thread is made with the poster just being mad at everyone else, you didn't. Your just mad swearing and shit. That's cool bro.

Thank you, and GG.

Agreed.

Spoiler

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

29 minutes ago, caseyf said:

next time will be loads easier, trust me, it gets easier the more you do it. that sounds a bit wrong though...

Spoiler

CPU: R5 1600 @ 4.2 GHz; GPU: Asus STRIX & Gigabyte g1 GTX 1070 SLI; RAM: 16 GB Corsair vengeance 3200 MHz ; Mobo: Asrock Taichi x470; SSD: 512 gb Samsung 950 Pro Storage: 5x Seagate 2TB drives; 1x 2TB WD PurplePSU: 700 Watt Huntkey; Peripherals: Acer S277HK 4K Monitor; Logitech G502 gaming mouse; Corsair K95 Mechanical keyboard; 5.1 Logitech x530 sound system

01000010 01101001 01101110 01100001 01110010 01111001 00100000 01100100 01101111 01100101 01110011 01101110 00100111 01110100 00100000 01101101 01100001 01101011 01100101 00100000 01111001 01101111 01110101 00100000 01110000 01110010 01101111 00101110

2 hours ago, caseyf said:

im a first time builder and holy shit im never doing this again, i know where shit goes after hours of research and i cant even fit them in, and i struggle to fucking get the audio fucking pin thing in and the sharp edges are fucking destroying my fingers and making me bleed and still haven't got it in. fuck this shit, how to builders on youtube fucking put it in like nothing, i cant even do usb 3. im ready to punch a fucking wall at this point

I did it first time about 3 month ago, have some patience dude... and maybe a nice cool beverage. ;-)

2 hours ago, 2Buck said:

I did it at 13 with no videos or help, and I'm not all that smart. It's so easy...

Same!

EDIT     ***** I now see everything is solved, Great!

Edited by SkylakeAlex6700k

2 hours ago, caseyf said:

Ehh, good luck mate. xD

Make sure you got the right tools.

851e04ec078430c8e8059916479f29fd.gif

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

10 minutes ago, BlueChinchillaEatingDorito said:

Make sure you got the right tools.

851e04ec078430c8e8059916479f29fd.gif

PC - NZXT H510 Elite, Ryzen 5600, 16GB DDR3200 2x8GB, EVGA 3070 FTW3 Ultra, Asus VG278HQ 165hz,

Mac - 1.4ghz i5, 4GB DDR3 1600mhz, Intel HD 5000.  x2

Endlessly wishing for a BBQ in space.

3 hours ago, caseyf said:

Dude don't feel bad. I have done much worse. The second build I ever did I fried my freaking cpu because I went against my better judgement and instead exactly followed the instructions AMD included with my processor. Their manual showed that you had to put thermal tape directly on the heatsink so I scraped what turned out to be the thermal pad off it, sanded the heatsink smooth, and applied thermal tape just like in the manual. And the cpu was dead in about half a second after turning it on. I called AMD complaining and told them I followed their instruction manual 100% and that it was in error, so they had to send me a new cpu. This was in 2001 or so (it was an AMD Athlon XP 1800+, the best gaming cpu on the market at the time) and for some reason the manuals they included at the time must have been based on 1990s processors that weren't that hard to cool. xD

And then a couple of days later once I got the cpu replaced I finished the build and found out my gpu (ATi Radeon 8500) was fucking bad. Nothing but artifacts the first time I turned the system on. So then I had to wait two weeks on the RMA before getting a working Radeon 8500. It was a pretty epic gaming build for the day (I was playing GTA III on 1600x1200 back when all my friends were playing it at 480p on PS2) but man it was 2.5 weeks before I could play the fucker after getting the parts in, and getting all the parts in originally took about a week and a half since I stupidly bought from a bunch of different retailers to save every penny I could instead of just getting everything from newegg like I have done with every build since.