f*ck computers

caseyf
Go to solution Solved by AnonymousGuy,

I highly recommend using pliers to get those audio connectors in.

1 minute ago, caseyf said:

fuckpc1.jpg

fuckpc2.jpg

Make sure the pins aren't bent, then push in. If the pins aren't bent or the cable isn't warped, there's no way it wouldn't work. Can you post a picture of the pins and the end of the USB3 cable?

i7 2600k @ 5GHz 1.49v - EVGA GTX 1070 ACX 3.0 - 16GB DDR3 2000MHz Corsair Vengence

Asus p8z77-v lk - 480GB Samsung 870 EVO w/ W10 LTSC - 2x1TB HDD storage - 240GB SATA SSD w/ W7 - EVGA 650w 80+G G2

3x 1080p 60hz Viewsonic LCDs, 1 glorious Dell CRT running at anywhere from 60hz to 120hz

Model M w/ Soarer's adapter - Logitch g502 - Audio-Techinca M20X - Cambridge SoundWorks speakers w/ woofer

Just now, arbellason55 said:

What parts are you having trouble with specifically? If you need to force things then that is usually a sign that you are doing it wrong (insert innuendo here) or that you forgot to do something like putting the ram clips to the open position before putting in the ram. 

forgetting ram clips is just plain retarded, this isnt the same

4 minutes ago, caseyf said:

fuckpc1.jpg

fuckpc2.jpg

Make sure you line up the holes and the pin properly and it will work as long as you haven't bent any pins. 

System

Case- Thermaltake Core V21 / CPU - i7 4790 / GPU - Asus Strix GTX 1070 / Mobo - Gigabyte Z97 mx / Ram - 4x4 gb GSkill Sniper DDR3 1866 / Storage - 2x WD Black 1tb drives, 1x 120gb OCZ SSD / Cooler - Cooler Master TX3 / PSU - EVGA G2 650w / Audio - Sennheiser PC 350 SE / Monitor - Asus 1920X1080 @60hz / Keyboard & Mouse - Cooler Master Devastator II / OS - Windows 10 Enterprise

3 minutes ago, Tibbles said:

1. see that missing pin, and the hole thingy that doesn't have a wire? it goes in that way.

2. those are your sata ports.. not usb 3.0 (from what I can see)

i know the missing pin thing, im doing it right, and also i know u cant see but its not sata, its usb 3, sata ports are under it

4 minutes ago, 2Buck said:

Make sure the pins aren't bent, then push in. If the pins aren't bent or the cable isn't warped, there's no way it wouldn't work. Can you post a picture of the pins and the end of the USB3 cable?

fuckpc3.jpg

fuckpc4.jpg

2 minutes ago, Tibbles said:

1. see that missing pin, and the hole thingy that doesn't have a wire? it goes in that way.

2. those are your sata ports.. not usb 3.0 (from what I can see)

That's not a sata port.

OP trolling or just really bad? Not sure

Please Quote me when replying.
CPU
 - Ryzen 7 5800X3D | RAM - 32GB DDR4 4000Mhz | MB - MSI B550 A-PRO | Boot - 2TB NVME 980 Evo Plus | GPU - EVGA FTW3 RTX 3090 24GB

Just now, OnionRings said:

OP trolling or just really bad? Not sure

really bad i guess

Oh Boy.....o.O

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

2 minutes ago, caseyf said:

fuckpc3.jpg

fuckpc4.jpg

Everything seems fine.. Just push it in. Maybe try taking out of the cable hole and try a different angle? Otherwise I don't know what to say.

i7 2600k @ 5GHz 1.49v - EVGA GTX 1070 ACX 3.0 - 16GB DDR3 2000MHz Corsair Vengence

Asus p8z77-v lk - 480GB Samsung 870 EVO w/ W10 LTSC - 2x1TB HDD storage - 240GB SATA SSD w/ W7 - EVGA 650w 80+G G2

3x 1080p 60hz Viewsonic LCDs, 1 glorious Dell CRT running at anywhere from 60hz to 120hz

Model M w/ Soarer's adapter - Logitch g502 - Audio-Techinca M20X - Cambridge SoundWorks speakers w/ woofer

I literally do not see how the OP is not able do get those two specific connectors in.

System

Case- Thermaltake Core V21 / CPU - i7 4790 / GPU - Asus Strix GTX 1070 / Mobo - Gigabyte Z97 mx / Ram - 4x4 gb GSkill Sniper DDR3 1866 / Storage - 2x WD Black 1tb drives, 1x 120gb OCZ SSD / Cooler - Cooler Master TX3 / PSU - EVGA G2 650w / Audio - Sennheiser PC 350 SE / Monitor - Asus 1920X1080 @60hz / Keyboard & Mouse - Cooler Master Devastator II / OS - Windows 10 Enterprise

1 minute ago, caseyf said:

really bad i guess

Well it looks like the pins are straight so you just need more elbow grease.

Just now, 2Buck said:

Everything seems fine.. Just push it in. Maybe try taking out of the cable hole and try a different angle? Otherwise I don't know what to say.

ive already tried different angles and everything, ive done it the right way in right pins. this is why im so angry, i know im doing everything right but its just not going straight in so im confused af

Those USB3 header connectors require a bit of force to make work.  a) make sure you have the connector the right way.  they're keyed and will obviously not go in if you don't align it.  b) wiggle it a bit while pushing.

Workstation:  13700k @ 5.5Ghz || Gigabyte Z790 Ultra || MSI Gaming Trio 4090 Shunt || TeamGroup DDR5-7800 @ 7000 || Corsair AX1500i@240V || whole-house loop.

LANRig/GuestGamingBox: 9900nonK || Gigabyte Z390 Master || ASUS TUF 3090 650W shunt || Corsair SF600 || CPU+GPU watercooled 280 rad pull only || whole-house loop.

Server Router (Untangle): 13600k @ Stock || ASRock Z690 ITX || All 10Gbe || 2x8GB 3200 || PicoPSU 150W 24pin + AX1200i on CPU|| whole-house loop

Server Compute/Storage: 10850K @ 5.1Ghz || Gigabyte Z490 Ultra || EVGA FTW3 3090 1000W || LSI 9280i-24 port || 4TB Samsung 860 Evo, 5x10TB Seagate Enterprise Raid 6, 4x8TB Seagate Archive Backup ||  whole-house loop.

Laptop: HP Elitebook 840 G8 (Intel 1185G7) + 3080Ti Thunderbolt Dock, Razer Blade Stealth 13" 2017 (Intel 8550U)

Just now, AlwaysFSX said:

Well it looks like the pins are straight so you just need more elbow grease.

if i go any harder than ive tried it will just break

Just now, AnonymousGuy said:

Those USB3 header connectors require a bit of force to make work.  a) make sure you have the connector the right way.  they're keyed and will obviously not go in if you don't align it.  b) wiggle it a bit while pushing.

done all of those things.

Just now, caseyf said:

if i go any harder than ive tried it will just break

You don't know that for sure though. Here's a question, were you able to get your 24 pin in?

2 minutes ago, AlwaysFSX said:

You don't know that for sure though. Here's a question, were you able to get your 24 pin in?

yes, 24 pin was easy. i dont know why i cant do these

Just now, caseyf said:

yes

Okay you managed that but not a USB 3 cable?

Just now, AlwaysFSX said:

Okay you managed that but not a USB 3 cable?

i dont know either, im so damn confused why it wont go in

Ok, assuming you haven't gotten too deep in this build can you just pull the mobo out of the case and try plugging the header in where you can see everything?

Workstation:  13700k @ 5.5Ghz || Gigabyte Z790 Ultra || MSI Gaming Trio 4090 Shunt || TeamGroup DDR5-7800 @ 7000 || Corsair AX1500i@240V || whole-house loop.

LANRig/GuestGamingBox: 9900nonK || Gigabyte Z390 Master || ASUS TUF 3090 650W shunt || Corsair SF600 || CPU+GPU watercooled 280 rad pull only || whole-house loop.

Server Router (Untangle): 13600k @ Stock || ASRock Z690 ITX || All 10Gbe || 2x8GB 3200 || PicoPSU 150W 24pin + AX1200i on CPU|| whole-house loop

Server Compute/Storage: 10850K @ 5.1Ghz || Gigabyte Z490 Ultra || EVGA FTW3 3090 1000W || LSI 9280i-24 port || 4TB Samsung 860 Evo, 5x10TB Seagate Enterprise Raid 6, 4x8TB Seagate Archive Backup ||  whole-house loop.

Laptop: HP Elitebook 840 G8 (Intel 1185G7) + 3080Ti Thunderbolt Dock, Razer Blade Stealth 13" 2017 (Intel 8550U)

Ok I made a nice post and the forum decided to crap out on me....

@caseyf

Your problem is that your case is not properly laid out for your motherboard. For the frontal audio, use needle nose pliers (you can get crappy ones but does the job at a dollar store of sorts). I usually don't plug them, as they have static, because case manufacture ground the audio with the USB ground and case, so you hear all the interferences of your case.

As for the USB 3.0, simple... the plug is in diagonal, because the case opening isn't large enougth for the big plug. So it doesn't fit  nicely as you want. So it doesn't fit. You can cut the case opening larger to have more space, but that is a mod project, or you can pass the wire differently (less nice)

Because your case is not well designed for your motherboard, many here don't get what is wrong. Forgive the community unhelpful response. I have dealt with far worse bad case + motherboard combos. But also the case is not properly designed. I wish reviewers would stop obsessing themselves on how many ways their 20 fan radiator can be inserted, and actually focus on the case design. Sometimes I feel I want to do reviews... but I am afraid that no case manufacture will ever send me something because they know I'll trash them... but that is the truth, and they should work on improving those aspects. Anyway, I am going on a rant.

8 minutes ago, GoodBytes said:

Ok I made a nice post and the forum decided to crap out on me....

@caseyf

Your problem is that your case is not properly laid out for your motherboard. For the frontal audio, use needle nose pliers (you can get crappy ones but does the job at a dollar store of sorts). I usually don't plug them, as they have static, because case manufacture ground the audio with the USB ground and case, so you hear all the interferences of your case.

As for the USB 3.0, simple... the plug is in diagonal, because the case opening isn't large enougth for the big plug. So it doesn't fit  nicely as you want. So it doesn't fit. You can cut the case opening larger to have more space, but that is a mod project, or you can pass the wire differently (less nice)

Because your case is not well designed for your motherboard, many here don't get what is wrong. Forgive the community unhelpful response. I have dealt with far worse bad case + motherboard combos. But also the case is not properly designed. I wish reviewers would stop obsessing themselves on how many ways their 20 fan radiator can be inserted, and actually focus on the case design. Sometimes I feel I want to do reviews... but I am afraid that no case manufacture will ever send me something because they know I'll trash them... but that is the truth, and they should work on improving those aspects. Anyway, I am going on a rant.

i thought they would work just fine because ive seen plenty of people do phanteks enthoo evolv + msi z170a m7 combos. im watching a video from bitwit too where he does it with no effort at all and it goes in super quick

2 minutes ago, caseyf said:

i thought they would work just fine because ive seen plenty of people do phanteks enthoo evolv + msi z170a m7 combos. im watching a video from bitwit too where he does it with no effort at all and it goes in super quick

in bitwits video he uses the titanium version but theyre the exact same basically http://motherboards.specout.com/compare/6211-6320/MSI-Z170A-GAMING-M7-vs-MSI-Z170A-MPOWER-GAMING-TITANIUM that site shows theyre same size and everything, he shows him putting it in at 8:40 in his video (slow his video down to 0.25) 

3 minutes ago, caseyf said:

in bitwits video he uses the titanium version but theyre the exact same basically http://motherboards.specout.com/compare/6211-6320/MSI-Z170A-GAMING-M7-vs-MSI-Z170A-MPOWER-GAMING-TITANIUM that site shows theyre same size and everything, he shows him putting it in at 8:40 in his video (slow his video down to 0.25) 

UPDATE: I FINALLY GOT THE DAMN USB 3, now i need the audio in