H100i Delayed Pump on Startup

When I boot up my PC it takes 17 minutes until the pump on my Corsair H100i starts going. Until then My CPU floats between 70-100 degrees C. The NZXT CAM software alerts me that the connection to the CPU fan has been disconnected and is "no longer spinning" until it magically starts working at 17 mins like clock work and then no issues until the next boot. Also the Corsair Link software is missing the pump rpm stat until it turns on at 17 mins and then it shows up. Any ideas?

• i7 4790k
  • Gigabyte GA-H97N-WIFI
  • 8GB of PNY 1600Mhz
  • Nvidia GTX 980
  • Corsair 250D
  • x2 128Gb Sandisk SSD's in RAID 0, External WD 2TB
  • Thermaltake 750
  • Corsair H100i
  • Razer Black Widow
  • Razer Mamba
  • Logitech 5.1
  • Windows 10

That sounds like the pump control board might have warped slightly, when it gets to a thermal threshold a connection is becoming viable for the power to get to the pump motor or a bearing in the motor has warped and when cold it is not able to spin 

Where have you connected the pump to? Maybe its not set to come on until something reaches a certain temperature, a bios setting perhaps. In my case I have a 4-pin to molex adapter that I have connected the pump to, this ensures that as soon the computer turns on the pump will turn on instantly and run at full speed. 

Maybe you have it connected to a chassis fan connector that is only set to turn on when the temperature reaches X amount.

Just now, callum92 said:

Where have you connected the pump to? Maybe its not set to come on until something reaches a certain temperature, a bios setting perhaps. In my case I have a 4-pin to molex adapter that I have connected the pump to, this ensures that as soon the computer turns on the pump will turn on instantly and run at full speed. 

Maybe you have it connected to a chassis fan connector that is only set to turn on when the temperature reaches X amount.

It's connected to the cpu fan header on the motherboard but I've never had this issue before and it's been in the same spot for almost 2 years now.

Well then to me it sounds like there is either something wrong with the CPU header or the pump is damaged is some way, although it is strange that the pump starts working after 17 minutes as you say.

I would try a different header on the motherboard and check the BIOS settings just to be sure, if that doesn't work I would maybe look at getting one of those 3/4 pin-to-molex adapters as they are very cheap and see if that fixes your problem. Failing that, I would contact Corsair and see if I could RMA the cooler, IIRC they come with a 5 year warranty.