AMD Ryzen reviewers say: - Either experiencing weird results or not recommened for gaming

11 minutes ago, ArcThanatos said:

the results i saw were as far as im concerned, very acceptable, non of the games were terrible on it, none of the programs ran terrible on it, it slotted into a sorta funny area, but thats not a bad thing, its not bad at gaming and its not bad at heavy workloads. its really a classy jack of all. and its cost effective

In PCPers own words:

"This processor is.... I would call it good enough for gaming"

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Try to make sense of what you see and wonder about what makes the universe exist. Be curious. And however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at. 
It matters that you don't just give up.”

-Stephen Hawking

3 minutes ago, Misanthrope said:

"This is normal" "We expected this" fans right now:

some yes, but seriously why is this a big deal... people are acting like its bad.
its performing where it should, around haswell. nothing wrong with how its performing, for what you apy for its good, and compare it to a 8350 ... look how far AMD has come.

did some people believe it would crush the market, sure, its still performing very well

Gamers Nexus is the only review you need to watch if you actually give a damn about scientific testing. 

Most of the other youtubers are a joke in terms of scientific benchmarking. 

Oh deary me :/

CPU: Intel9-9900k 5.0GHz at 1.36v  | Cooling: Custom Loop | MOTHERBOARD: ASUS ROG Z370 Maximus X Hero | RAM: CORSAIR 32GB DDR4-3200 VENGEANCE PRO RGB  | GPU: Nvidia RTX 2080Ti | PSU: CORSAIR RM850X + Cablemod modflex white cables | BOOT DRIVE: 250GB SSD Samsung 850 evo | STORAGE: 7.75TB | CASE: Fractal Design Define R6 BLackout | Display: SAMSUNG OLED 34 UW | Keyboard: HyperX Alloy elite RGB |  Mouse: Corsair M65 PRO RGB | OS: Windows 10 Pro | Phone: iPhone 11 Pro Max 256GB

Would it still be worth upgrading to the 1800x  from an i7-3930k or would it be better i get a 6850k?

CPU: Intel9-9900k 5.0GHz at 1.36v  | Cooling: Custom Loop | MOTHERBOARD: ASUS ROG Z370 Maximus X Hero | RAM: CORSAIR 32GB DDR4-3200 VENGEANCE PRO RGB  | GPU: Nvidia RTX 2080Ti | PSU: CORSAIR RM850X + Cablemod modflex white cables | BOOT DRIVE: 250GB SSD Samsung 850 evo | STORAGE: 7.75TB | CASE: Fractal Design Define R6 BLackout | Display: SAMSUNG OLED 34 UW | Keyboard: HyperX Alloy elite RGB |  Mouse: Corsair M65 PRO RGB | OS: Windows 10 Pro | Phone: iPhone 11 Pro Max 256GB

So basically AMD has Ryzen, but not enough.

*is shown multiple benchmarks where the i7-7700k beats the ever living shit out of the 6900k, while the 1800x beats the 6900k or competes with it at half the cost*

OMG 1800x SUCKS CANT EVEN BEET 7700K OMG AMD FAILTRAIN OMG OMG OMG AMD = DED *Autistic screeching*

I dont even know what to say anymore. Boosted. Animals.

CPU: Intel i5 4690k W/Noctua nh-d15 GPU: Gigabyte G1 980 TI MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 RAM: 16Gig Corsair Vengance Boot-Drive: 500gb Samsung Evo Storage: 2x 500g WD Blue, 1x 2tb WD Black 1x4tb WD Red

"Whatever AMD is losing in suddenly becomes the most important thing ever." - Glenwing, 1/13/2015

For me the results are close enough to Intel performance in games to justify picking a Ryzen over an I7 right now, sure Intel leads in most games, but the Ryzen performance is more than good enough for most people.

Also the Ryzen performance is real work workloads is very very impressive for the money they want for this new platform.

----Ryzen R9 5900X----X570 Aorus elite----Vetroo V5----240GB Kingston HyperX 3k----Samsung 250GB EVO840----512GB Kingston Nvme----3TB Seagate----4TB Western Digital Green----8TB Seagate----32GB Patriot Viper 4 3200Mhz CL 16 ----Power Color Red dragon 5700XT----Fractal Design R4 Black Pearl ----Corsair RM850w----

I think the L1 cache is being skipped, however impossible that sounds. There was one benchmark that showed Ryzen being beaten in WinZip/ 7zip, which should clearly be impossible, and was one of the tests AMD showed on the showfloor as being a strong point of Ryzen. (Cache problems would also have a negative impact on geometry rendering, physics and AI in games)

That aside, I convinced myself to expect Ivy Bridge IPC 4 months ago and have stayed away from the hype, so I'm not disappointed and putting in my order as soon as the 1600X is out, and there's an X370 micro ATX motherboard with proper multi-GPU support.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

4 minutes ago, Jack_of_all_Trades said:

The only problem is AMD advertised gaming , where its mediocre at best right now, but it seems for actual working it beats the shit out of intel offering the same performance for half the price.

4o1da6s.png

"Mediocre"

Okay.

CPU: Amd 7800X3D | GPU: AMD 7900XTX

Just now, Mihle said:

In PCPers own words:

"This processor is.... I would call it good enough for gaming"

my fx4300 for yr was good enough for gaming, i3's and i5's are good enough for gaming.

R7 is not only good enough for gaming, it can do workloads as well. it isn't all about gaming,

if the game runs smooth, and frame rates are not dropping like flies and making it unplayable, really, does it matter. plus most game's arent made for 8 cores, 4-6 is a sweet spot with a higher clock speed. thats games in a nut shell.

thinking people are just trying to find a reason complain.

also my entire CPU (fx-4300) at stock scores 150CB score... you wanna know what Ryzen gets on cinebench single core... 150CB (+/-).

they have come a long way from FX.
also over clocked i got my fx4300 into the top 1.5% of cpumark recorded fx4300s...so honestly idgaf if its not perfect, as long as it can OC a bit, run workloads, play games and have bang for buck than im happy, which really is the whole god damn point people are missing

4 minutes ago, Brainless906 said:

*is shown multiple benchmarks where the i7-7700k beats the ever living shit out of the 6900k, while the 1800x beats the 6900k or competes with it at half the cost*

OMG 1800x SUCKS CANT EVEN BEET 7700K OMG AMD FAILTRAIN OMG OMG OMG AMD = DED *Autistic screeching*

I dont even know what to say anymore. Boosted. Animals.

6900k is beating the 1800X in gaming benchmarks

reviews show gaming performance of the 1800X on par with a 4690k/6600k

"If you ain't first, you're last"

2 minutes ago, super_skank said:

For me the results are close enough to Intel performance in games to justify picking a Rysen over an I7 right now, sure Intel leads in most games, but the Rysen performance is more than good enough for most people.

Also the Rysen performance is real work workloads is very very impressive for the money they want for this new platform.

If all you do is game wait for the 4 and 6 core parts that will very likely be much higher clock speeds and match or beat the 7700k at a better price.

I'm just so confused as to why everyone is comparing this 8 core cpu to intels 4 core. Intels 4 core beats even intels 8 core goddamn it.

CPU: Intel i5 4690k W/Noctua nh-d15 GPU: Gigabyte G1 980 TI MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 RAM: 16Gig Corsair Vengance Boot-Drive: 500gb Samsung Evo Storage: 2x 500g WD Blue, 1x 2tb WD Black 1x4tb WD Red

"Whatever AMD is losing in suddenly becomes the most important thing ever." - Glenwing, 1/13/2015

AMD put out whole new eco system and still has many bugs like the ones we are seeing with SMT and RAM speeds.
Many of the reviewers are using older bioses and did not update to the new ones.

Intel has had its arch out for 5 years and had time to optimize each line of code to its CPUs, while AMD is only now going into the race.
Developers have not had the chance to optimize for RYZEN. 

I'm more interested when the whole lineup launches and we have some bugs ironed out .

Some points to consider.

Slowly...In the hollows of the trees, In the shadow of the leaves, In the space between the waves, In the whispers of the wind,In the bottom of the well, In the darkness of the eaves...

Slowly places that had been silent for who knows how long... Stopped being Silent.

1 minute ago, ArcThanatos said:

my fx4300 for yr was good enough for gaming, i3's and i5's are good enough for gaming.

R7 is not only good enough for gaming, it can do workloads as well. it isn't all about gaming,

if the game runs smooth, and frame rates are not dropping like flies and making it unplayable, really, does it matter. plus most game's arent made for 8 cores, 4-6 is a sweet spot with a higher clock speed. thats games in a nut shell.

thinking people are just trying to find a reason complain.

also my entire CPU (fx-4300) at stock scores 150CB score... you wanna know what Ryzen gets on cinebench single core... 150CB (+/-).

they have come a long way from FX.
also over clocked i got my fx4300 into the top 1.5% of cpumark recorded fx4300s...so honestly idgaf if its not perfect, as long as it can OC a bit, run workloads, play games and have bang for buck than im happy, which really is the whole god damn point people are missing

The FX-4300 was garbage and definitely not good enough for gaming, after i switched to my 4690k my performance and satisfaction went through the roof.

"If you ain't first, you're last"

I'm requesting a moderator to change my name because I'll be buying the i5.. After looking at this: 

11b7d325c4c0e7c1c895d484dfbdf5b7.png

As all I do is game. What an absolute let down honestly. i5 200$ less and still performs better in gaming. I'm not waiting for Q2. I'm absolutely SICK of waiting.

"Ryzen is doing really well in 1440p and 4K gaming when the applications are more graphics bound" - Dr. Lisa Su, 2017

23 minutes ago, zMeul said:

AMD said Zen is on 4y product cycle .. that's a long time to wait

and Intel won't just sit with their hands under their collective asses in the meantime - X299 platform is due later this year

Zen+ is 2019.

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

Just now, MakeAMDGreatAgain said:

I'm requesting a moderator to change my name because I'll be buying the i5.. After looking at this: 

As all I do is game. What an absolute let down honestly. 

i guess the 1700X and 1600X aren't a thing... 

Just now, MakeAMDGreatAgain said:

11b7d325c4c0e7c1c895d484dfbdf5b7.png

As all I do is game. What an absolute let down honestly. 

Here is a few more games for you, since you shouldn't base your opinion on one game........   ...

4o1da6s.png

5 minutes ago, goodtofufriday said:

"Mediocre"

Okay.

considering the 1800X is more expensive than 7700K, yes .. I'd say mediocre

Just now, Memories4K said:

The FX-4300 was garbage and definitely not good enough for gaming, after i switched to my 4690k my performance and satisfaction went through the roof.

hey its ran everything pretty much fine for me since i brought it on release. i wouldn't say its garbage... garbage is a pentium 478\d\4 (any of those), my little FX has held its own against my mates with i5's and i been able to learn overclocking with it. it has been a very good little but yes underpowered CPU, but it was always good enough to run all my games, But with ARK survival evolved it can get a bit framey (thou thats also just arks garbage optimization and heavily CPU bounding nature) 

a R7 1700 should yield endless satisfaction for me thou

3 minutes ago, goodtofufriday said:

Here is a few more games for you, since you shouldn't base your opinion on one game........   ...

4o1da6s.png

LOL

Holy shit

e: 7700k Is around what, 320 off jet.com? 1800X is 499$... Lol!

"Ryzen is doing really well in 1440p and 4K gaming when the applications are more graphics bound" - Dr. Lisa Su, 2017

2 minutes ago, zMeul said:

considering the 1800X is more expensive than 7700K, yes .. I'd say mediocre

As a CPU that positioned to be in between a 6900k and a 7700k, then no its not. if its purpose was to beat a 7700k then sure. But it is, and was alwyas, meant to be a cpu that had 8c/16th and was a competitive in betweener. 

Wow total bummer I was all set to do a ryzen build only question was 1080ti or wait for vega now I'll just have to wait and see if it's issue they can correct or intels response like kabylake-x or skylake-z /sigh