backfeeding ethernet

hellochicken

I have been trying to make the ethernet wires that our house came with for a little bit now, The problem is the patch pannel is upstairs and the modem and router is upstairs, there is phone lines with blue cat 5 cables and the ethernet is with red cat5e cables I I tried to make the house live by backfeeding one of the rj45 ports on the wall from the router downstairs but this didnt work how could I fix this

So just to be clear, youre connecting your router/modem into the wall to have them talk to the rest of the houses network and its not working?

"45 ACP because shooting twice is silly!"

@Nikolithebear 

exactly the router is plugged into a wall jack which leads into a shared patch pannel and it doesent spread throughout the house

Does the patch panel have individual ports for each room that is connected to it, or are all the wires attached to a board that basically combines all the blues together, all the blue-whites together, etc?

if it's the former, you just need a switch, with each port on the switch connected to each port on the patch panel. If it's the later, you're going to have to replace that with a true patch panel, or terminate the ends of all the lines individually. And then get a switch.

Looking to buy GTX690, other multi-GPU cards, or single-slot graphics cards: 

11 minutes ago, hellochicken said:

You can check the wiring on the the ethernet terminators.  Could be a different standard?  A or B etc.  we have ours running through 2 routers, a switch, then a patch panel. 

"45 ACP because shooting twice is silly!"