Youtube TV is official

Techicolors

http://www.androidpolice.com/2017/02/28/youtube-tv-official-includes-40-networks-35month/

https://youtube.googleblog.com/2017/02/finally-live-tv-made-for-you.html

from androidpolice

YouTube or Google offering traditional TV networks has been rumored for ages, and now it is finally official. Today Google unveiled 'YouTube TV,' a new subscription service offering dozens of TV networks, cloud DVR, and YouTube Red originals for just $35 a month.

Obviously the library of TV networks will make or break YouTube TV, but Google is off to a pretty good start. YouTube TV includes ABC, CBS, Fox, NBC, ESPN, and dozens of other local sports and cable networks (see the below picture for all of them). Showtime and Fox Soccer Plus are available for an additional charge.

from youtube blog

Live TV streaming from ABC, CBS, FOX, NBC, ESPN, regional sports networks and dozens of popular cable networks. YouTube TV gives you the best of live TV, from must-see broadcast shows like “Empire,” “The Voice,” “The Big Bang Theory” and “Scandal,” to the live sports you want. YouTube TV includes major sports networks like ESPN and regional sports networks like Fox Sports Networks and Comcast SportsNet, so you can watch your favorite NBA or MLB teams. We’ve also partnered with local TV stations, so you’ll also get sports and local news based on where you live. And YouTube TV offers dozens of additional cable channels, so you won’t miss out on the latest news from MSNBC or Fox News, popular shows and movies from USA or FX, kids programming from the Disney Channel or Sprout, or reality TV from E! or Bravo. You can also add Showtime, or Fox Soccer Plus to your networks for an additional charge. In total, YouTube TV gives you access to more than 40 networks, listed below.

A cloud DVR, with no storage limits. With YouTube TV, you’ll be able to record live TV and never run out of storage. Your cloud DVR can record as many shows as you want, simultaneously, without using precious data or space on your phone and we’ll store each of your recordings for nine months.

A service that works great on all your screens. You can watch YouTube TV on any screen—mobile, tablet or computer—and you can easily stream to your TV with a Google Chromecast or Chromecast built-in TV. YouTube TV works on both Android and iOS. And your cloud DVR goes with you, so you can stream your recordings on any device, whenever and wherever you want.

YouTube Red Originals. With a YouTube TV membership, you can watch all of our YouTube Red Original series and movies right on the new YouTube TV app.

Six accounts, one price. Every YouTube TV membership comes with six accounts, each with its own unique recommendations and personal DVR with no storage limits. You can watch up to three concurrent streams at a time.

Half the cost of cable with zero commitments. A YouTube TV membership is only $35 a month and there are no commitments—you can cancel anytime.

nexus2cee_TC6LlZeU_nQ0oN2a2dznqa0_u9k4JXYG4TSKdV3I2WunsD31DMfQvbZTTB5vwCmI7fGrdws2048.png

NOTE THAT IS US-ONLY FOR NOW!

https://tv.youtube.com/

My thoughts: pretty neat if you're one who has "cut the cord", but $35 a month is a little on the pricey side for me. The big question too is if it'll include Google Play Music and Youtube red. 

i still am clueless about how youtube red spreads revenue across content providers

The problem is that isp providers charge more for internet if you dont take their bundled in cable service in the USA. So this wont matter until that changes. 

CPU: Amd 7800X3D | GPU: AMD 7900XTX

what cable companies should do now: remove tv packet, jackup internet prices 

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

maybe it wont be a flop if it was released outside of the us (because canadian netflix is shit and you know it)

youtube red

hmm

or we'll just continue to pirate ev- i mean find alternatives

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

37 minutes ago, Technicolors said:

The big question too is if it'll include Google Play Music and Youtube red. 

Good question, imo it should for that asking price.

*edit

I may look into this as I want to watch the new Star Trek and don't want to pay for just one network to stream from ...

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

17 minutes ago, goodtofufriday said:

The problem is that isp providers charge more for internet if you dont take their bundled in cable service in the USA. So this wont matter until that changes. 

Speak for yourself.  My ISP, TekSavvy, doesn't even offer a television service. :P

7 minutes ago, AshleyAshes said:

Speak for yourself.  My ISP, TekSavvy, doesn't even offer a television service. :P

My internet wouldn't be fast enough for one, even if there was one on offer :/

Intel i7 5820K (4.5 GHz) | MSI X99A MPower | 32 GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2666MHz | Asus RoG STRIX GTX 1080ti OC | Samsung 951 m.2 nVME 512GB | Crucial MX200 1000GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2000GB | Noctua NH-D15 | Fractal Define R5 | Seasonic 860 Platinum | Logitech G910 | Sennheiser 599 | Blue Yeti | Logitech G502

Nikon D500 | Nikon 300mm f/4 PF  | Nikon 200-500 f/5.6 | Nikon 50mm f/1.8 | Tamron 70-210 f/4 VCII | Sigma 10-20 f/3.5 | Nikon 17-55 f/2.8 | Tamron 90mm F2.8 SP Di VC USD Macro | Neewer 750II

27 minutes ago, goodtofufriday said:

Not much Im at $50 dollars a month for 50/25  cable and internet would be $115 with cable  i only have internet. they just got better prices for internet only also but im waiting till i move then getting 200/30

I'm genuinely surprised that they managed to get Fox News and MSNBC but not CNN.

Does that have to do with their deal with Sling?

Also, please tell me that the streams will be at their native broadcast res and framerate.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

Live TV streaming from ABC, CBS, FOX, NBC, ESPN, regional sports networks and dozens of popular cable networks. 

Lol, a decent VPN will fix that regional sports thing ... Wanna watch the Cowboys vs Eagles? and your in a blackout area? VPN that and you can watch ... ;) 

A cloud DVR, with no storage limits. With YouTube TV, you’ll be able to record live TV and never run out of storage. Your cloud DVR can record as many shows as you want, simultaneously, without using precious data or space on your phone and we’ll store each of your recordings for nine months.

Very hard to believe that this will continue, it'll be limited and or prices will be jacked after a while when everyone and their dog starts saving a week's worth or more of tv shows ....

Even though I have a certain distaste for Google I was happy to see the fiber they got into and this looks pretty nice as well.

Edited by SansVarnic

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

23 minutes ago, AshleyAshes said:

teksavvy mvno i think (relies on bell/rogers cabling, but has its own service thing)

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

I'd be interested in this if I could use an HTPC rather than having to get some proprietary box that you can't play around with.

Just now, Okjoek said:

I'd be interested in this if I could use an HTPC rather than having to get some proprietary box that you can't play around with.

I doubt its going to have a box, if you're referring to the dvr thing that is cloud based. But I see your point and agree.

Spoiler

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

20 minutes ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

I'm genuinely surprised that they managed to get Fox News and MSNBC but not CNN.

Does that have to do with their deal with Sling?

Also, please tell me that the streams will be at their native broadcast res and framerate.

Isn't CNN free to view?

Intel i7 5820K (4.5 GHz) | MSI X99A MPower | 32 GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2666MHz | Asus RoG STRIX GTX 1080ti OC | Samsung 951 m.2 nVME 512GB | Crucial MX200 1000GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2000GB | Noctua NH-D15 | Fractal Define R5 | Seasonic 860 Platinum | Logitech G910 | Sennheiser 599 | Blue Yeti | Logitech G502

Nikon D500 | Nikon 300mm f/4 PF  | Nikon 200-500 f/5.6 | Nikon 50mm f/1.8 | Tamron 70-210 f/4 VCII | Sigma 10-20 f/3.5 | Nikon 17-55 f/2.8 | Tamron 90mm F2.8 SP Di VC USD Macro | Neewer 750II

8 minutes ago, SansVarnic said:

Very hard to believe that this will continue, it'll be limited and or prices will be jacked after a while when everyone and their dog starts saving a week's worth or more of tv shows ....

Chances are, the user account has a data set that contains what content has been "DVR'd" and progress in consuming said content, with the content itself just being a single or a few copies on Google's regional servers.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

3 minutes ago, Okjoek said:

It'll probably run on anything that runs the YouTube app.  ...Which is basically everything except your toaster and blender.

6 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Chances are, the user account has a data set that contains what content has been "DVR'd" and progress in consuming said content, with the content itself just being a single or a few copies on Google's regional servers.

Most likely, I was being a bit sarcastic when I said this, but yeah i agree.

Spoiler

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

7 minutes ago, Fetzie said:

Isn't CNN free to view?

I don't think so; I think it's a lot like how Fox and NBC do their streams and only stream/broadcast very important shit like the inauguration, for example.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

10 minutes ago, SansVarnic said:

I doubt its going to have a box, if you're referring to the dvr thing that is cloud based. But I see your point and agree.

Also I don't really watch any of those channels. I like to watch...

Science Channel, (anything really, but I kinda like this show called "What on Earth?")

Discovery Channel, (Mythbusters(I hope the new one will be okay))

Travel Channel, (Expedition Unknown)

HGTV,

TruTV, (Impractical Jokers and Adam Ruins Everything)

Boomarang/ Cartoon Network (Pokemon)

RT America

The unlimited cloud DVR I would assume is more a shared OnDemand avenue for everyone. YOU don't have a DVR with that specific show; EVERYONE who wanted to DVR that show has access to the same cloud copy of it to stream at their leisure. Super efficient.

2 hours ago, tlink said:

i still am clueless about how youtube red spreads revenue across content providers

I dont have a lot of views but you it's pretty easy to see lol.

$35 is way too pricey for a per month basis subscription , even if they provide what they deem as premium

Details separate people.