The Toaster Project(and everything happaning with it)

Oh man, that's janky as hell.  

By any chance is this a case that came preinstalled with motherboard standoffs and you installed more?  Otherwise, holy hell.

Also, the gray font is making it kinda hard to read.

Currently focusing on my video game collection.

It doesn't matter what you play games on, just play good games you enjoy.

27 minutes ago, kaiju_wars said:

Are you on Day Theme? If so, WHY?

lol jk but srsly switch

-----> Official Unofficial Favorite Keyswitch Type Survey <-----

OWNER OF THE FASTEST INTEL iGPU ON LTT UNIGINE SUPERPOSITION [lol]

GAMING RIG "SNOWBLIND"

CPU i5-13600k | COOLING Corsair H150i Elite Capellix 360mm (White) | MOTHERBOARD Gigabyte Z690 Aero G DDR4 | GPU Gigabyte RTX 3070 Vision OC (White) | RAM  16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB (White)SSD Samsung 980 Pro 1TB | PSU ASUS STRIX 850W (White)CASE  Phanteks G360a (White) | HEADPHONES  Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro | KEYBOARD Zoom75 (KTT Strawberry w/ GMK British Racing Green keycaps) | MOUSE  Cooler Master MM711 (White) MONITOR HP X32 1440p 165hz IPS

WORK RIG "OVERPRICED BRICK"

Mac Studio (M2 Ultra / 128GB / 1TB) | HEADPHONES  AirPods Pro 2 | KEYBOARD Logitech MX Mechanical Mini | MOUSE  Logitech MX Master 3S MONITOR 2x Dell 4K 32"

SECONDARY RIG "ALCATRAZ"

CPU i7-4770K OC @ 4.3GHz | COOLING Cryorig M9i (review| MOTHERBOARD ASUS Z87-PROGPU Gigabyte 1650 Super Windforce OC | RAM  16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3 1600 MHzSSD Samsung 860 Evo 512GB | HDD Toshiba 3TB 7200RPMPSU EVGA SuperNOVA NEX 750WCASE  NZXT H230 | HEADPHONES  Sony WH-1000XM3  | KEYBOARD Corsair STRAFE - Cherry MX Brown | MOUSE  Logitech G602 MONITOR LG 34UM58-P 34" Ultrawide

HOLA NIGHT THEMERS

GET YOUR ASS ON NIGHT THEME

OTHER TECH I OWN:

MacBook Pro 16" [M1 Pro/32GB/1TB] | 2022 Volkswagen GTI | iPhone 14 Pro | Sony a6000 | Apple Watch Series 8 45mm | 2018 MBP 15" | Lenovo Flex 3 [i7-5500U, HD5500 (fastest on the forum), 8GB RAM, 256GB Samsung 840 Evo] | PS5, Xbox One & Nintendo Switch [Home Theater setup] | DJI Phantom 3 Standard | AirPods 2 | Jaybird Freedom (two pairs) & X2 [long story, PM if you want to know why I have 3 pairs of Jaybirds]

1 minute ago, Shiv78 said:

Are you on Day Theme? If so, WHY?

lol jk but srsly switch

Night theme actually hurts my eyes.  White text on a dark background does that to me for some reason.

Currently focusing on my video game collection.

It doesn't matter what you play games on, just play good games you enjoy.

27 minutes ago, kaiju_wars said:

Night theme actually hurts my eyes.  White text on a dark background does that to me for some reason.

Valid reason. Lol

GAMING RIG "SNOWBLIND"

CPU i5-13600k | COOLING Corsair H150i Elite Capellix 360mm (White) | MOTHERBOARD Gigabyte Z690 Aero G DDR4 | GPU Gigabyte RTX 3070 Vision OC (White) | RAM  16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB (White)SSD Samsung 980 Pro 1TB | PSU ASUS STRIX 850W (White)CASE  Phanteks G360a (White) | HEADPHONES  Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro | KEYBOARD Zoom75 (KTT Strawberry w/ GMK British Racing Green keycaps) | MOUSE  Cooler Master MM711 (White) MONITOR HP X32 1440p 165hz IPS

Mac Studio (M2 Ultra / 128GB / 1TB) | HEADPHONES  AirPods Pro 2 | KEYBOARD Logitech MX Mechanical Mini | MOUSE  Logitech MX Master 3S MONITOR 2x Dell 4K 32"

SECONDARY RIG "ALCATRAZ"

CPU i7-4770K OC @ 4.3GHz | COOLING Cryorig M9i (review| MOTHERBOARD ASUS Z87-PROGPU Gigabyte 1650 Super Windforce OC | RAM  16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3 1600 MHzSSD Samsung 860 Evo 512GB | HDD Toshiba 3TB 7200RPMPSU EVGA SuperNOVA NEX 750WCASE  NZXT H230 | HEADPHONES  Sony WH-1000XM3  | KEYBOARD Corsair STRAFE - Cherry MX Brown | MOUSE  Logitech G602 MONITOR LG 34UM58-P 34" Ultrawide

HOLA NIGHT THEMERS

OTHER TECH I OWN:

MacBook Pro 16" [M1 Pro/32GB/1TB] | 2022 Volkswagen GTI | iPhone 14 Pro | Sony a6000 | Apple Watch Series 8 45mm | 2018 MBP 15" | Lenovo Flex 3 [i7-5500U, HD5500 (fastest on the forum), 8GB RAM, 256GB Samsung 840 Evo] | PS5, Xbox One & Nintendo Switch [Home Theater setup] | DJI Phantom 3 Standard | AirPods 2 | Jaybird Freedom (two pairs) & X2 [long story, PM if you want to know why I have 3 pairs of Jaybirds]

8 hours ago, kaiju_wars said:

Oh man, that's janky as hell.  

By any chance is this a case that came preinstalled with motherboard standoffs and you installed more?  Otherwise, holy hell.

im guessing the forum has messed up my text then seeing as im wrighting on auto, orange or white text. il take a look and edit if i have to :/ 

this case came with a tray and a custom motherboard made to fit it with a smaller then standard I/O plate cutout and the expansion slots 5mm closer to the top of the motherboard then what you get on an ATX standart board. i didnt realize this untill just recently seeing as i dont have any ITX boards just laying around and the cardboard cut out i made made it look like it would work perfect. for mounting im going to be drilling holes in the bottom and using washers and bolts as my standofs if i need more height. also the GPU will look a bit better seeing as im going to be cutting out the bottom of the expansion cutouts so the card can go down properly. i still have a bunch of things to figure out with the mounting tbh, the PSU i dont know how to do but its looking like velcro seeing as it will work just fine and i have some around(i dont have the PSU though lol) also, no, none of the standofs that came with the custom boards mounting plate will work with the ITX board, they dont lign up even slightly lol.

8 hours ago, kaiju_wars said:

used to think so aswell but i switch and now i dont want to go back to the light theme again lol

*edit*

it litteraly wont let me put it back to the defult auto color... what the actiuall hell is going on here, it worked for one of the posts but not any of the others. also basically this entire thread looks broken in day theme seeing as i used to copy pasta the titles and that also seems to have grabbed the background or something... il contact an admin or something and have them help me with this becuase this goes beyond what i can do anything about... :( 

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE:

nothing has really hapaned

basically just updateing to confirm the timeframe of this project, like stated in the original post this project will not be complete before the summer ends, early november is what i would say as the most probable date at the moment. im going to be forced to buy a more expensive I7 4790K then i really want to it seems, and that will put me back so i cant get the GPU and PSU next month, and after that i go on summer holidays. i will be working as much as i can during them to afford my main rig update but any money left over from that will go straight to this project. i will most likely not be able to get the 1050TI low profile i wanted because of this and that will make my GPU choice even more expensive and this basically all cascades into delays upon delays. its going to be quite sad just haveing this PC sit in my kitchen gathering dust for about 5 months but unless something dramatically changes thats what is going to happen sadly :( 

tl;dr: if nothing big changes there will be no updates for about 5 months beyond maybe me mounting what was already in there to a plank.

thanks for reading and i hope you have enjoyed the project so far :D 

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

Update:

I sure am one lucky person sometimes!

Baiscally i closed the deal on an I7 4790K for $245 includeing shipping. this will mean i am able to get the GPU by the end of next month. sadly the PSU i still wont be able to pick up for another while but il see if i cant coax a 500W ATX PSU in there which would eliminate the need for that at all(il still probably get the planed PSU because more space internaly is going to be really nice). anyway thats about it for the update, next update is probably going to be me putting the I5 4690K in the motherboard and installing the cooler and RAM :D 

Builds:

Spoiler

Update:

I made a PCPP list basically

so today i messed about with trying to get an ATX PSU in the case, there are some ways it fitts, untill you try to place a motherboard in there and put down the top part... i also disasembled a DVD burner and found a windows 7 ultimate 32-bit install disk, i have no use for it seeing as i dont have a licence but its a fun find, turns out all the work was for nothing though seeing as the ATX PSU still did not fit when i removed the 3.25 " bay. spend some time on PCPP and made this aswell:

PCPartPicker part list: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/2qfVXH
Price breakdown by merchant: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/2qfVXH/by_merchant/

CPU: Intel - Core i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor  (Purchased For $0.00) 
CPU Cooler: CRYORIG - C7 40.5 CFM CPU Cooler  (Purchased For $0.00) 
Motherboard: ASRock - E3C226D2I Mini ITX LGA1150 Motherboard  (Purchased For $0.00) 
Memory: Crucial - 4GB (2 x 2GB) DDR3-1333 Memory  (Purchased For $0.00) 
Storage: Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  (Purchased For $0.00) 
Video Card: MSI - GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB Video Card  ($143.98 @ Newegg) 
Power Supply: Silverstone - 300W 80+ Bronze Certified SFX Power Supply  ($48.49 @ SuperBiiz) 
Other: Fujitsu Scaleo C (Purchased)
Total: $192.47
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-05-07 08:40 EDT-0400

turns out that seeing as i will be using a 1050TI i can get away with a 300W PSU and save a little bit of money that way :D(PSU will be the last thing i buy). i can get away with using the PSU that came with the machine untill i get a GPU too, sure its 20pin and no 24pin but that will be fine, its not like i will be using it for much more then makeing sure it works untill i do final assembly anyway :).

thats all for now, no pictures because i didnt really do anything, hope you are enjoying the updates and look forward to seeing this done! :D 

Builds:

Spoiler

Update:

I got some work done :D

So my I7 4790K has arived and has been installed in my main system and because thats been done ofc the I5 4690K has gone into the motherboard :D also installed the cooler and RAM so now all thats left is buying the GPU and PSU and then final instalation. i found that i could fit an RX 570 Pulse in it(did some real scetchy pixel mesurements to find where they placed the 6pin lol) and it will go in just fine with room for the 6pin, might need to chop out a small amount of metal but that will be less then 1cm2 of material so i dont mind much. here are some pictures:

IMG_20170510_182232.thumb.jpg.e38d8d30a8e51c76feb81f65c0c4da09.jpg

IMG_20170510_182345_01.thumb.jpg.04e9dc8ea8c59cb0c0bbbf8c3146f070.jpg

IMG_20170510_183151.thumb.jpg.a8fd5c7b28bde75cbd7d9121b9f420b0.jpg

IMG_20170510_184142.thumb.jpg.605c37234e7a4487edc2feb4f378be38.jpg

worked like a charm and booted right into the BIOS quicly and worked fine in there, tems were in the around 25C area but what worried me a bit was that the voltage was reading 1.7V VCORE, but that may have been just me missing a 1 between the decimal point and the 7 but il have to check that whenever i go to test it again. the backplate added quite a bit of thickness i didnt think about before but i did some new mesurements and stuff and worked out that i have about 113mm of width before it hits the top part and 2 slots to play with in terms of width so i COULD get a Sapphire RX570 Pulse in there if i want, we will see what i go for, personaly i dont think it will need that much GPU power and that a 1050TI is probably more what i want but we will see what i get when it comes to that, its nice to know for the future either way. getting a 570 would also mean getting the 400W PSU over the 300W if i get the 1050TI but thats not really a major cost. 

thats all for now, its so fun that stuff is happaning now and i might get about $300 free from selling the old LAN PC to a dude which is what im hopeing, that would allow me to get both GPU and PSU this month :D 

Builds:

Spoiler

• 2 weeks later...

Update:

well, there are good news and bad news

well lest start with some good stuff first ehh? ok so i got back my R9 270x and my R9 280x that had been out for a bake and have been gone for 4 months now... never doing that again, anyway i have them now so i have better size refrenses for GPUs and i can take the coolers from them and mount on any RX 470 or whatever i get(probably not a 1050TI tho, just the RX cards) and i can turn the cards into powerboards or something unless i find something else to do with them, il probably try to sell the R9 270x seeing as it does work as a display adapter but has some green artifacts, which is better then when i sent it off atleast. the R9 280x is a Sapphire TriX and the cooler is about the lenght of the freaking toaster case but its also a freaking BEAST when it comes to cooling :D anyway i have some pictures i can put up later. onto the worse news, the LAN PC has not been sold yet, the dude says he is going to have the money "soon" -_- and i booted up the motherboard and CPU again and yep, the VCORE reading in the BIOS was 1.72V... wow. i dont know if its the PSU or the motherboard but i wont be using this PSU anyway anymore and the motherboard i can exchange for another identical one that is basically brand new if i want. well thats about it for now, il upload some funny pictures of how massive the TriX cooler is later when i have more time, i hope i can get the money for the LAN PC soon though, seeing as then il just go and buy a 570 probably, as long as its not too long i should be good and as i think i said before, the RX 570 Pulse looks like it should work for me here and that would require little to no further modification to the case.

thats all for now, picture later or something.

Builds:

Spoiler

here are the promised pictures :D 

no proper formating for this post lol

IMG_20170523_163357.thumb.jpg.705cd8b030dd5c675da500b1b07fa7cb.jpg

IMG_20170523_172022.thumb.jpg.37a2d55ef402eaf6f36f7e49c6e4e54b.jpg

the 1.75V has me properly woried, like really woried... the case vs R9 280x TriX is just funnny tho, that card is going to become a VRM for an AM3 motherboard and il stick that cooler on something fun too

Builds:

Spoiler

• 4 weeks later...

Update:

More work = more money!

quick update, its been a while but the project is still on route for its Q3 finish as stated in the original post, but i got WAY more work then i expected this summer. thats a good thing btw, it means more money so this can be done quicker! i wouldent be working much on this project during the summer because im basically broke untill my summer work money comes in so more work is better for the project :D i have what i need to get basically locked down, its going to be a 1050TI and the 300W PSU mentioned before and then it will be final assembly! 

thats all for now, hope you havent thought the proect is dead just becuase updates are scarce now :P just not anyhing being done to it at the moment!

Builds:

Spoiler

• 1 month later...
7 minutes ago, RGProductions said:

Make it go faster!

Well I can't buy a 1050TI and PSU for $8 now can I? I get payed the 27th and then I'm buying a 1080 and a waterblock for it and 2L of mayhems fluid. Should have enough to finish this project too after that buy Northern Bee comes first. 

Builds:

Spoiler

2 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

Well I can't buy a 1050TI and PSU for $8 now can I? I get payed the 27th and then I'm buying a 1080 and a waterblock for it and 2L of mayhems fluid. Should have enough to finish this project too after that buy Northern Bee comes first. 

Oh yeah forgot you were doing that... Meanwhile I'm still using that 660. I wish the used market here was better

M1 MacBook Air 256/8 | iPhone 13 pro

2 minutes ago, RGProductions said:

Oh yeah forgot you were doing that... Meanwhile I'm still using that 660. I wish the used market here was better

I can at least say I know how the motherboard will sit at the moment, but if you want this to go faster link me some info on how I could beef up the 12V rail of a PSU so I don't have to buy one lol 

Builds:

Spoiler

Just now, Bananasplit_00 said:

I can at least say I know how the motherboard will sit at the moment, but if you want this to go faster link me some info on how I could beef up the 12V rail of a PSU so I don't have to buy one lol 

Lol nope. This is the kinda shit that goes on in my used market, so it's eBay or nothing.

Screenshot_2017-08-13-09-08-39.png

1 minute ago, RGProductions said:

Lol nope. This is the kinda shit that goes on in my used market, so it's eBay or nothing.

Screenshot_2017-08-13-09-08-39.png

Oh wow that's beyond bad. $100 is the total I paid for the first version of the LAN PC lol. That had a Q6600 and a 8800GT xD

Builds:

Spoiler

Just now, Bananasplit_00 said:

Oh wow that's beyond bad. $100 is the total I paid for the first version of the LAN PC lol. That had a Q6600 and a 8800GT xD

And I would say you overpaid :)

Just now, RGProductions said:

And I would say you overpaid :)

Probably but the LAN PC sure was a fun project between the 6h troubleshooting sessions and the several major flaws. Turned out as a pretty well built system though 

Builds:

Spoiler

Update:

Its been ages hasent it?

So, this is just a small update. No work has been done, no major breakthrogs or anything but i thought id note down a few things, mainly the shopping list!

PSU: SilverStone SFX ST30SF 300W

GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1050 Ti OC LP

LED strip: Ebay orange led strip

The LED strip is already ordered and finding this 1050TI from Gigabyte was great because it has dual HDMI outputs and a DVI which are the display standards i actiually use, its also nice to know that 300W is enough power for this system and that PSU should be of decent quality so unless anyone knows its garbage im getting it. :D This should all be bought the 27nd so early september it should be done so it will be done by the time of the NTI Halloween LAN which i will be atending like i did last year. Its great that i can afford both finishing this project AND Northern Bee at the same time and still haveing some money over! 

thanks for reading this short update and now you can know that this project will continue pretty soon!

Builds:

Spoiler

Update:

Yay for not being broke!(for about another two days)

Money rolled in two days earlier then i thought they would and the price of the 1050TI GT LP dropped today to only $187(€150) so i ordered it and got a free cap included that idk what to do with because i didnt want it and i couldent NOT get it... anyway i also ordered the BeQuiet SFX Power 2 300W so both of those were my second pics but they ended up being the ones that were in stock and cheapest so i spent another like $5 or something to get that PSU over the SilverStone one :P worth it so i dont have to wait 15 days lol. anyway here is a link to the finished PCPP:

PCPartPicker part list: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/CmtpTH
Price breakdown by merchant: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/CmtpTH/by_merchant/

CPU: Intel - Core i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor  (Purchased For $0.00) 
CPU Cooler: CRYORIG - C7 40.5 CFM CPU Cooler  (Purchased For $0.00) 
Motherboard: ASRock - E3C226D2I Mini ITX LGA1150 Motherboard  (Purchased For $0.00) 
Memory: Crucial - 4GB (2 x 2GB) DDR3-1333 Memory  (Purchased For $0.00) 
Storage: Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  (Purchased For $0.00) 
Video Card: MSI - GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB Low Profile Video Card  (Purchased For $0.00) 
Power Supply: be quiet! - POWER 2 300W 80+ Bronze Certified SFX Power Supply  (Purchased For $0.00) 
Other: Fujitsu Scaleo C (Purchased)
Total: $0.00
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-08-25 13:17 EDT-0400

Il get the parts in 5 days, so next wednesday so this should be done next weekend :D 

Builds:

Spoiler

Update:

Almost there!

Did a whole load of work yesterday and finished up what i started today, so most of it is already done! its fully functional and has windows 10 installed on it! here are the pictures i took:

Spoiler

IMG_20170829_170345.thumb.jpg.ce8b1d7d3c71dfb0a73ff6d40d826ff5.jpg

IMG_20170829_170508.thumb.jpg.8b74f04d1356d56f0bb703ec1030437a.jpg

IMG_20170830_170246.thumb.jpg.1ce0d44945cd27f547b67718775cc15d.jpg

IMG_20170830_170255.thumb.jpg.787b1edb478e0bd7477d1a0f8597a7c6.jpg

IMG_20170830_165647.thumb.jpg.198db4d31af74ce0b1b5dfe1e4104757.jpg

IMG_20170830_165654.thumb.jpg.4d2c9f6ff85f4b64909c409dd99c4bc6.jpg

IMG_20170830_170240.thumb.jpg.65da35444a8374a17028d5bbce75f80b.jpg

IMG_20170829_184635.thumb.jpg.7bef93af437a1a1f626e94e58029f845.jpg

IMG_20170829_193420.thumb.jpg.8ef413752a7fbd85b3c14bf27a6a1714.jpg

IMG_20170829_183952.thumb.jpg.b56dc46b33229b893c9f0f8e9b119207.jpg

IMG_20170829_183956.thumb.jpg.24641bad556a51a934bf9af20de06383.jpg

IMG_20170830_170739.thumb.jpg.9774af9c0dd932c8888cc9218633f6a5.jpg

IMG_20170830_170746.thumb.jpg.a2a9e1d63776d39440b8609ee51871f3.jpg

IMG_20170830_170303.thumb.jpg.1320b41a9d6b17e5b085342e9541d66b.jpg

IMG_20170830_170308.thumb.jpg.41c82ffe9d17a9c8c22f142053257dd4.jpg

IMG_20170830_174530.thumb.jpg.dc0b9b7cbb0e7bf619f0afd80bdd0123.jpg

the only thing that dosent work are the orange LEDs on the front panel, the LCD i have no hope in reviving becuase its missing a chip it seems and the orange LEDs i got off ebay were a complete waste of time and money becuase you dont even notice them... getting the power button to work was a huge pain but i got it to work and i had to cut a hole in the front IO cover to get my power cable through but i think it looks ok. i added two things that werent on the list as you might have seen in the pictures, an SSD and a DVD burner. the SSD is my old 60GB that dosent seem to be broken but wont be a massive problem if it breaks and the DVD burner is for playing old game and stuff. 

One more update and The Toaster Project should be complete!

Builds:

Spoiler

• 4 weeks later...

Yah it's dead AF right now, mobo died on me sadly. Il get a new one but I can't find any right now and I need money for other stuff so this project is on the back burner for now sadly seeing as I really like it

Builds:

Spoiler

3 hours ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

Yah it's dead AF right now, mobo died on me sadly. Il get a new one but I can't find any right now and I need money for other stuff so this project is on the back burner for now sadly seeing as I really like it

f

GAMING RIG "SNOWBLIND"

SECONDARY RIG "ALCATRAZ"

HOLA NIGHT THEMERS

OTHER TECH I OWN: