'Gaming' Headset for about 100usd

GamingWizard

My g35 broke after 3 years of solid use and I'm looking for a replacement. I looked at Hyper x cloud 2 and the Arctic 5. Does anyone have any recommendations for a new headset with decent audio, fake cheapo surround, comfortable headset for around the same price as the two recently mentioned headsets?

All answers and opinions are appreciated!?

External mic / headphones not a possibility? 

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

Hyper X cloud II are a great choice, cloud core is a bit cheaper but only a worse mic.

HyperX Cloud 1 is a great choice. Arctis is okay, they sound like TAD300 but closed back version and if suppose you're getting Arctis, 3 would be enough, 5 is a waste of cash, you still can use the dts engine that comes with all the Arctis headsets. I would still prefer the hyperx cloud anytime. I feel its much better. Without the crappy usb dongle that is, looking at you cloud 2..

Cloud 1 & 2 are the same with differences in the accessories they come with, 2 comes with a crappy usb dongle.

But still, SHP9500+boompro or HD558+modmic will easily beat the cloud and arctis anytime of the day..

Cpu R5 1600 @3.7ghz - MB Gigabyte AB350 Gaming 3 - RAM Corsair Vengeance LPX 8GBx2 @3000mhz - GPU Palit GTX 1070ti Dual - Storage Kingston FuryX 120GB SSD, WD 500GB Green HDD, Seagate 1TB HDD - PSU Seasonic X650 - Case Sharkoon S25-W - Display Zowie XL2411 - Peripherals Filco Ninja Browns, Zowie FK2 & Qck Hyperbeast Ed.

18 hours ago, themctipers said:

External mic / headphones not a possibility? 

Can't afford it ;(

On 3/1/2017 at 7:28 AM, GamingWizard said:

Can't afford it ;(

Actually, if you are aiming at 100 USD you can afford it. The "low" price but amazing performers include a variety of Superlux (668 or Evo, but I recommend replacing the earpads) or the Philips SHP 9500 (55 dollars on New Egg right now). Combine that with say, a ModMic 4 Muteless *coughcough* for ~50 dollars after shipping (49.99 with Amazon Prime - or about the same on our website once we get them back in stock in the next couple days) and you're at ~105 USD with a pretty amazing headphone and mic.

It can be done! :D 

Director of Marketing for Antlion Audio, creators of the ModMic.

More info at www.ModMic.com

Ask questions, I'm friendly!

On 3/1/2017 at 7:28 AM, GamingWizard said:

Can't afford it ;(

Closed back: HyperX Cloud Core ($65)

Open back: Philips SHP9500 ($55) + V-MODA Boompro ($30)

Simulated surround in a headset would not get you as good of an experience as a decent set of stereo headphones. The Cloud Core is basically the same as the Cloud II, but without all the marketing frills and selling you on the simulated surround. The open back headphones will further enhance your gaming experience because it has a very wide sound stage.