Buying New Display

AA on 1440p displays?  

6 members have voted

1. 1. What level of AA is required on 1440p displays?

• None
    • 2x
    • 4x
    • 8x

I just purchased an Asus PG278QR 27" 165Hz G-SYNC monitor. I've been running their 24 inch 1080 144 hz for some time ans thought that i might upgrade. I'm running a GTX 970 SSC. My question is that with the extra 66% ish more pixels is AA useful anymore? I'm just looking to see if i can sacrifice something for a FPS boost or if i'm going to need to upgrade my video card as well.

10 minutes ago, CheechJuan said:

I just purchased an Asus PG278QR 27" 165Hz G-SYNC monitor. I've been running their 24 inch 1080 144 hz for some time ans thought that i might upgrade. I'm running a GTX 970 SSC. My question is that with the extra 66% ish more pixels is AA useful anymore? I'm just looking to see if i can sacrifice something for a FPS boost or if i'm going to need to upgrade my video card as well.

AA is going to be more related to your monitor's ppi, not so much the resolution

Like a 27" 4k display, shouldn't really need AA at all, because it has pretty high ppi, around 150ppi

Of course, like if you can return that display, for under $400, you can get a 1440p 144hz IPS free-sync display, for a display with way better color, at a lower price, isn't that monitor near $800?

Of course you don't get sync technology, but It'd say it's a better overall display, Who knows when Vega is coming out though to actually try and max out a 1440p 144hz display

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIAB714894154

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

Thanks so much for the info its great food for thought. I picked the monitor up for $580 so i didn't pass it up at that price. I just worry that the 970 i have is just not going to cut the muster. 

I use 980Ti with my PG278QR i have no issues at all good monitor i will check on level of AA