Floatplane club - Audio only download option

antimattertape

I often find myself listening to youtube videos instead of watching them while away from my PC. So why not have an option to download just the audio for a video? It makes a lot of sense for people on mobile devices who don't want to use a lot of data.

Not to mention the time it would take to encode just an audio file would be negligible, it might not be a bad idea just to try it out for a week and see if people actually use it and comment on it.

2 minutes ago, antimattertape said:

I often find myself listening to youtube videos instead of watching them while away from my PC. So why not have an option to download just the audio for a video? It makes a lot of sense for people on mobile devices who don't want to use a lot of data.

Not to mention the time it would take to encode just an audio file would be negligible, it might not be a bad idea just to try it out for a week and see if people actually use it and comment on it.

You can do the same, Just use something like media encoder and download videos at ur PC convert them to audio and put them onto your phone before u head out.

Hello

Just now, TAHIRMIA said:

You can do the same, Just use something like media encoder and download videos at ur PC convert them to audio and put them onto your phone before u head out.

but that would require effort -_-

1 minute ago, antimattertape said:

but that would require effort -_-

Not really, 

1.Download video

2.Convert

3.Copy to phone

Hello

i'd see the potential in this for stuff like the WAN show, but i feel like the rest of the linus videos rely too much on the visual side of things (they're "videos" after all) for this to make sense as an offering.

it's like a restaurant offering steak tartare without the meat. maybe there's people out there that really like to chug a raw egg for lunch, but the concept doesnt make enough sense to put it on the menu.

then again, steak tartare as a whole isnt really a very sensible idea :D

There are video players which allow locking screen while video is playing. MX Player for Android. So why not download crappy quality and use that? I think importing just audio tracks and uploading them to very niche audience isn't going to help their workload.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv