Message added by colonel_mortis

For Floatplane support, please send an email to support@floatplane.com for assistance.

5 hours ago, JoeSpencer said:

Hey, for the life of me I can't find any privacy policy on Floatplane. Am I missing something or is there none on the site?

Where did you look? Its shown on Sign up and forum login pages. https://www.floatplane.com/privacy

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

8 hours ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

Where did you look? Its shown on Sign up and forum login pages. https://www.floatplane.com/privacy

I don't know how I missed that, thank you! I didn't spot it popping up when I clicked "more sign-in options". I was looking around the site for ages after logging in.

1 hour ago, JoeSpencer said:

I don't know how I missed that, thank you! I didn't spot it popping up when I clicked "more sign-in options". I was looking around the site for ages after logging in.

Maybe its harder to spot on desktop and big screen. It was quite clear on mobile.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

i'm still constantly getting emails saying my $3 was rejected... showing up on my account as declined etc... i'm not even a member of LMG floatplane, i can't change the settings in floatplane as i get error 1001.... can you sort this.Insert other media

17 minutes ago, fma965 said:

i'm still constantly getting emails saying my $3 was rejected... showing up on my account as declined etc... i'm not even a member of LMG floatplane, i can't change the settings in floatplane as i get error 1001.... can you sort this.Insert other media

If you subscribed through the forum, you can cancel through your PayPal account. 

If you subscribed on floatplane.com, you will need to email floatplanehelp@gmail.com to cancel I believe. If you subscribed through the new site you won't get any recognition on the forum at the moment though. 

HTTP/2 203

Hi Guys, 

Just subscribed this morning with Paypal, 0 issues on the subscription / payment end.

On playback experience though... instant regret... Constant buffering and interruptions in 1080p and 720p. It loads, I can watch the whole video, but with 20 10s interruptions during playback.

I'm watching from Brazil, 120mbit link, Youtube, Vimeo, basically any Streaming platform flows perfectly even in 4K. I understand Floatplane doesn't have a huge decentralized mirror servers across the globe, but the peering to BR is just too slow. 

I observed that, for this scenario, the bandwidth saving algorithm seems too aggressive. It allows only a few buffered seconds after each interruption. I believe this issue be solved with a less aggressive buffering rule. Maybe you could set that by GeoIP / distance from server. 

It seems perfectly plausible that, if the buffering window wasn't so narrow, I could be watching the entire video in one go - despite a longer wait time for playback start . Unfortunately the way it is now, at least for me, it is not usable.

Cheers.

It's probably because the ISP gives YouTube and Vimeo priority on bandwidth. I'm noticing the same thing happen to me. I have an AT&T unlimited data plan and as soon as I ran out of my high speed data, only the big media sites continued to work well. I can still stream YouTube videos but this takes FOREVER to load a page. 

Well I am seeing the same problem with buffering a times and no it is not my ISP. I have an unshaped account and I get the buffering issues and low dl speeds even when I use my private VPN that goes through enterprise servers. I take there are still some issues with server load at times.

Also having some issues with my Subscription not auto-renewing and not being able to resubscribe so at from a few hours ago can't even get on the platform.

On 27/05/2018 at 12:57 PM, StrY said:

Well I am seeing the same problem with buffering a times and no it is not my ISP. I have an unshaped account and I get the buffering issues and low dl speeds even when I use my private VPN that goes through enterprise servers. I take there are still some issues with server load at times.

Also having some issues with my Subscription not auto-renewing and not being able to resubscribe so at from a few hours ago can't even get on the platform.

@StrYtotally agree with you. To back up our observations I did some download testing (via download link). Added multiple videos to download simultaneously and the speeds seem to be capped to about 200 KB/s per thread. I decided to dig deeper and tried the dowload with a multithreaded DL manager: Speeds do not scale. This is clearly BW restrictions on the server side. To be completely sure, I tried downloading a test file from the same server ISP in same location. Full speeds.

I hope you guys can overcome these limitations! I'm all for supporting your work. Hope to be able to get a stable experience soon!

Is there some type of issue with FP at the moment? I'm subbed to LTT via FP but I'm getting asked to sign up to a creator when I visit FP and when I go into accounts to view my subs and payment info I get error 1001. It's not recognising I'm subbed to LTT.

OBSIDIAN: CPU AMD Ryzen 9 3900X | MB ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Hero Wifi | RAM Corsair Dominator RGB 32gb 3600 | GPU ASUS ROG Strix RTX 2080 Ti OC |

Cooler Corsair Hydro X | Storage Samsung 970 Evo 1tb | Samsung 860 QVO 2tb x2 | Seagate Barracuda 4tb x2 | Case Cosair Obsidian 500D RGB SE |

PSU Corsair HX750 | Cablemod Cables | Monitor Asus PG35VQAsus PG279Q | HID Corsair K70 Rapidfire RGB low profile | Corsair Dark Core Pro RGB SE | Xbox One Elite Controller Series 2

12 hours ago, DELTAprime said:

Is there some type of issue with FP at the moment? I'm subbed to LTT via FP but I'm getting asked to sign up to a creator when I visit FP and when I go into accounts to view my subs and payment info I get error 1001. It's not recognising I'm subbed to LTT.

If you use the wizard in the first post in this topic, it should be able to sort you out. If that doesn't work, send an email to floatplanehelp@gmail.com.

HTTP/2 203

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys,

Floatplane stopped accepting my password, so I tried to reset it.  Not sure why it decided to not accept it anymore. (Its saved in LastPass, so it isnt like I just forgot what it was).  The link that was emailed to me goes to 127.0.0.1:1337 instead of floatplane.com (http://127.0.0.1:1337/reset-password?code=xxxx).  Changing it to the correct 'floatplane.com' allowed me to continue, so alls fine for me now.   

Just a heads up is all.

4 hours ago, Dunt said:

Hi guys,

Floatplane stopped accepting my password, so I tried to reset it.  Not sure why it decided to not accept it anymore. (Its saved in LastPass, so it isnt like I just forgot what it was).  The link that was emailed to me goes to 127.0.0.1:1337 instead of floatplane.com (http://127.0.0.1:1337/reset-password?code=xxxx).  Changing it to the correct 'floatplane.com' allowed me to continue, so alls fine for me now.   

Just a heads up is all.

Similarly when I registered it showed that same IP instead of the web address. Changed it to the address and it worked Ok for me too.

CPU R7 1700    Motherboard Asus Prime X370 Pro  RAM  24GB Corsair LPX 3000 (at 2933Mhz)    GPU EVGA GTX1070 SC  Case Phanteks Enthoo Pro M    

Storage 1 x 1TB m.2, 1x 500GB SSD, 1x 1TB HDD, 1x 8TB HDD  PSU Corsair RM1000  Cooling Thermalright Macho Rev B (tower)

Synology NAS 1 x 4TB 1 x 8TB

For some reason the website is loading just as a blank white page for me. Others have said they can access it fine but I've tried a few different browsers and computers and it's all the same.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

23 hours ago, Lurick said:

For some reason the website is loading just as a blank white page for me. Others have said they can access it fine but I've tried a few different browsers and computers and it's all the same.

Figured it out. OpenDNS blocked it as a "Newly Seen Domain" yesterday

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

For some reason i have lost my subscription even though i am still paying, i have checked the billing page and subscriptions but nothing is showing. . I am also getting error 1001 on the account page

If i try to resubscribe i get a processing error.

20 minutes ago, thomasmillergb said:

For some reason i have lost my subscription even though i am still paying, i have checked the billing page and subscriptions but nothing is showing. . I am also getting error 1001 on the account page

Did you originally subscribe through the forum or the floatplane site? If it was through the Floatplane site, run the wizard linked in the first post of this topic to resolve the problem, and if it was through the floatplane site you'll need to send an email to floatplanehelp@gmail.com for support.

HTTP/2 203

FP Bug ("New" video):

I am a LTT subscriber on FP and noticed that all videos have the blue "New" tag. This includes videos that I have already watched and ones that are really old. Am I the only one experiencing this? and if not, is this a bug or just a partially implemented feature?

I'm new to the Forum, couldn't find where this had been mentioned before and I wasn't sure where to post about it.

I just encountered an interesting and repeatable bug.

I was watching Linus game on a Xeon Phi on Floatplane.com and when the video got to the end I pressed the power button on my tablet, the screen turned off but the sound from the video kept playing.

I've tried the same thing on YouTube, Twitch & Floatplane through the forum and none have this issue, it only happens on vids I watch on floatplane.com.

Is this a Floatplane bug or is my tablet being really weird?

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/6/2018 at 3:20 PM, thomasmillergb said:

I am having the same issue, already sent an email to floatplane support and currently waiting for a response 

• 2 weeks later...

Second month in a row but this one is worse.  My subscription to LTT on floatplane.com is not working.  Money has already been paid.  It is the 9th day of no service.  I sent an email on the 3rd but no response.  PLEAE FIX THIS!

On 7/10/2018 at 4:50 AM, AskTJ said:

Should be working.

11 days and stilll not working and no email.  Luke won't get paid next month, lolz.  I cancelled my subscription until they get this fixed.  In the mean time I guess I am just out the $3, for this month.  It just boggles the mind to know that a company full of tech nerds cannot figure out a simple thing such as a subscription/billing system.  My former online gaming community had a website, subscritions, perks, donations, forums, live chat, and an intergrated radio station.  It was coded by ONE high school drop out and it never failed.

7 minutes ago, ninjastealthy said:

11 days and stilll not working and no email.  Luke won't get paid next month, lolz.  I cancelled my subscription until they get this fixed.  In the mean time I guess I am just out the $3, for this month.  It just boggles the mind to know that a company full of tech nerds cannot figure out a simple thing such as a subscription/billing system.  My former onlinggaming community had a website, subscritions, perks, donations, forums, live chat, and an intergrated radio station.  It was coded by ONE high school drop out and it never failed.

Imo there's huge black hole overall with service. The support email radio silence is worst as it should be the one way to get 100% response within reasonable time. Even just acknowledgement that your issue is being handled. This should be among the priorities to get sorted ASAP. I've heard that its single person and apparently they do other stuff also. Thats not how its done. If they have customer service, then they need to allocate person who's main task is customer service. If they have time, they can help with other stuff. But atm it seems to be very, very poor condition.

The worst gaming company in US has better customer service, don't make us start to make fun of FP same way we do with EA.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

24 minutes ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

Imo there's huge black hole overall with service. The support email radio silence is worst as it should be the one way to get 100% response within reasonable time. Even just acknowledgement that your issue is being handled. This should be among the priorities to get sorted ASAP. I've heard that its single person and apparently they do other stuff also. Thats not how its done. If they have customer service, then they need to allocate person who's main task is customer service. If they have time, they can help with other stuff. But atm it seems to be very, very poor condition.

The worst gaming company in US has better customer service, don't make us start to make fun of FP same way we do with EA.

I haven't dealt with EA much since they took over/bought westwood studios.  I think FP just needs to work on functionality first, then worry about making shit pretty.  I am assumming most of us dorks / nerds/ geeks that Watch LTT and other tech channels religously make sure our own computers and/or websites work properly before we add a bunch of nifty yet unneccessary features. and expect nothing less from LMG/LTT/FP.