Message added by colonel_mortis

For Floatplane support, please send an email to support@floatplane.com for assistance.

22 minutes ago, zombienerd said:

I emailed support.  How long does an official response normally take?

Billing issues which are not my fault that take away my access is not a fun time.

Why, oh why, when I start a subscription on the 23rd of December would the subscription fee not be requested to be paid again until the 2nd of February?  Then, I lose access on January 28th.

Completely out of my hands as to the date paypal takes the payment, completely out of my hands as to which day my subscription expires.  There should really be a longer grace period, or there is a software hiccup in between LTT and Paypal as to what dates things are supposed to happen.

PayPal tries on the date that the subscription would be due, 23rd Jan in your case. If the transaction fails, which can be due to your card being declined or just a PayPal issue, they retry after 5 and after 10 days. You get a 6 day grace period to cover the first failure, but we can't give you an indefinite grace period, and if the problem is that your card was declined it gives you a chance to notice and fix the issue.

If the transaction goes through on the second retry, you then need to run the wizard linked in this topic to regain access, because the forum software is unable to automatically detect the new payment.

We know this isn't ideal, but we are limited by the problems with PayPal and the forum software. There is nothing that can be done about either of those except wait for the new site to launch, which will feature a much better payment system.

I don't know how long it will take to receive a response from support, but the response you get won't be any different to what I've said here - PayPal problems are unfortunately out of our control.

HTTP/2 203

1 hour ago, colonel_mortis said:

PayPal tries on the date that the subscription would be due, 23rd Jan in your case. If the transaction fails, which can be due to your card being declined or just a PayPal issue, they retry after 5 and after 10 days. You get a 6 day grace period to cover the first failure, but we can't give you an indefinite grace period, and if the problem is that your card was declined it gives you a chance to notice and fix the issue.

If the transaction goes through on the second retry, you then need to run the wizard linked in this topic to regain access, because the forum software is unable to automatically detect the new payment.

We know this isn't ideal, but we are limited by the problems with PayPal and the forum software. There is nothing that can be done about either of those except wait for the new site to launch, which will feature a much better payment system.

I don't know how long it will take to receive a response from support, but the response you get won't be any different to what I've said here - PayPal problems are unfortunately out of our control.

I never received an email of payment failure.  There is nothing in the payment details or subscription page that shows that it was attempted on the 23rd, or any other date.  I have a positive paypal balance, and plenty of money on my backup funding card.  There is no reason a payment should have failed if it was attempted (which it does not appear to have done).

There does not appear to be any way to trigger this early on my end. 

If I were in LMG's shoes, I'd be working my hardest to figure out how to remedy these issues in the future, sooner rather than later.  Missing out on a week of Floatplane for this payment to trigger is just enough time for it to drop out of my daily routine, and remove the desire to continue contributing.  

It should not be this difficult to give you guys money.

Main Rig:

Case: Lian Li Lancool Mesh RGB

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600 

Cooler: CoolerMaster MasterLiquid 240

MB: MSI B550 Gaming Pro Carbon 

Ram: Gskill DDR4 3600 x 32GB 

GPU: Asus Arez Strix Vega 64 OC

PS: Seasonic FOCUS Gold Plus Series SSR-750FX

SSD1: Crucial P1 1TB NVME

SSD2: Adata SU800 512gb M.2 Sata

HDD: Hitatchi 2tb 7200RPM + 3x 2TB WD Passport USB 3.0

Monitors: AOC C24G1

Keyboard: Cheap Blue Knockoff Mechanical

Mouse: Uhuru Gaming Mouse

Current Vintage Equipment:  Please ask me about it, I love to talk old tech!
IBM Thinkpad 390, IBM Aptiva A12, IBM PS/2 Model 25-004.  Compaq Contura 4/25C, Presario 7596
Asus P5A-B Socket 7 Box, Tandy 1000RLX-HD "B" & 1200-2FD, VIC20, Zenith ZFL-181-93, Packard Bell 300SX.

Apple II/gs, Mac Plus x2, Mac SE x2, Performa 450

11 minutes ago, zombienerd said:

never received an email of payment failure

You should get an email like this with the title: Your automatic payment hasn't been processed

image.png.48e44abb72e0c0a4c090ec4b65ef0aee.png

1 minute ago, SC2Mitch said:

You should get an email like this with the title: Your automatic payment hasn't been processed

I have had no emails from Paypal that weren't successful payments in the past two weeks.

I received no paypal failure messages.

Main Rig:

IBM Thinkpad 390, IBM Aptiva A12, IBM PS/2 Model 25-004.  Compaq Contura 4/25C, Presario 7596
Asus P5A-B Socket 7 Box, Tandy 1000RLX-HD "B" & 1200-2FD, VIC20, Zenith ZFL-181-93, Packard Bell 300SX.

Tried calling Paypal, their website claims they're available until 8pm PST on Sunday.  The phone line claims they're closed.

This has really soured my night.  

Main Rig:

12 hours ago, zombienerd said:

I never received an email of payment failure.  There is nothing in the payment details or subscription page that shows that it was attempted on the 23rd, or any other date.  I have a positive paypal balance, and plenty of money on my backup funding card.  There is no reason a payment should have failed if it was attempted (which it does not appear to have done).

There does not appear to be any way to trigger this early on my end. 

If I were in LMG's shoes, I'd be working my hardest to figure out how to remedy these issues in the future, sooner rather than later.  Missing out on a week of Floatplane for this payment to trigger is just enough time for it to drop out of my daily routine, and remove the desire to continue contributing.  

It should not be this difficult to give you guys money.

Unfortunately, it's a PayPal problem. The Floatplane team are working on other payment methods for the new site, but because they will only be compatible with the new site they can't be used until that launches, which should be fairly soon now. We agree that it shouldn't be this hard, which is why we are trying to ditch PayPal, but it's not as simple as just flicking a few switches.

The payment failures are also something that we can't detect (there is no way, aside from guessing based on previous experience, for us to tell whether a payment has been attempted or not, and the date that you see doesn't match the date that the API gives for the next payment date), and PayPal doesn't send emails for some reason (until it fails the third time), so we have no choice.

HTTP/2 203

Is there no way of paying for the service without having your PayPal account linked to bank?

Spoiler
  • Please add a debit or credit card to complete your purchase.

I live in a different country and cannot have a proper bank account that would be supported by PayPal.

15 minutes ago, NMS said:

Is there no way of paying for the service without having your PayPal account linked to bank?

Reveal hidden contents

I live in a different country and cannot have a proper bank account that would be supported by PayPal.

Not currently, sorry.

HTTP/2 203

1 hour ago, colonel_mortis said:

Not currently, sorry.

Is there a chance that this will be changed once the website rolls out?

12 minutes ago, NMS said:

Is there a chance that this will be changed once the website rolls out?

There is a chance, but I'm not aware of the specifics of the payment methods that will be used. I know there will be options of card payments without PayPal, but I don't know about the other way around.

HTTP/2 203

• 2 weeks later...

How do I login to floatplane site if I use google to login to the forums...?

1 hour ago, ChillllllOut said:

How do I login to floatplane site if I use google to login to the forums...?

The Floatplane site isn't currently intended for general use - all Floatplane content is in the LMG Floatplane section on the forum (also linked in the nav bar for Floatplane subscribers). However, when the site launches you will log in using the LTT forum signin link (if you aren't logged in here you will be asked to log in here using Google, then be authenticated to Floatplane).

HTTP/2 203

11 hours ago, colonel_mortis said:

The Floatplane site isn't currently intended for general use - all Floatplane content is in the LMG Floatplane section on the forum (also linked in the nav bar for Floatplane subscribers). However, when the site launches you will log in using the LTT forum signin link (if you aren't logged in here you will be asked to log in here using Google, then be authenticated to Floatplane).

Thanks for the help! 

I finally got it to authorize my google login on floatplane.com

I should have taken into account the pre-alpha phase we we are in!

Ah hey. When I was watching WAN show I got all excited at the thumbnail and went over to Floatplane right away and tried to sign in (this is before I heard Luke and Linus say it was launching on Wednesday). Anyway the site allowed me to log in despite it not being Wednesday. Not sure if it's intended to allow LTT users to log already or not, but I just thought I'd let you guys know in case it's a bug and I shouldn't have access yet.

OBSIDIAN: CPU AMD Ryzen 9 3900X | MB ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Hero Wifi | RAM Corsair Dominator RGB 32gb 3600 | GPU ASUS ROG Strix RTX 2080 Ti OC |

Cooler Corsair Hydro X | Storage Samsung 970 Evo 1tb | Samsung 860 QVO 2tb x2 | Seagate Barracuda 4tb x2 | Case Cosair Obsidian 500D RGB SE |

PSU Corsair HX750 | Cablemod Cables | Monitor Asus PG35VQAsus PG279Q | HID Corsair K70 Rapidfire RGB low profile | Corsair Dark Core Pro RGB SE | Xbox One Elite Controller Series 2

4 hours ago, DELTAprime said:

Ah hey. When I was watching WAN show I got all excited at the thumbnail and went over to Floatplane right away and tried to sign in (this is before I heard Luke and Linus say it was launching on Wednesday). Anyway the site allowed me to log in despite it not being Wednesday. Not sure if it's intended to allow LTT users to log already or not, but I just thought I'd let you guys know in case it's a bug and I shouldn't have access yet.

It's not unintentional, though I don't believe there is much point in doing so.

HTTP/2 203

So, I'm thinking of signing up for Floatplane, but there's one thing keeping me from doing so.

Do swear words get censored on Floatplane? If not, I'll be in in a minute :D

1 hour ago, CorruptedPixl_ said:

So, I'm thinking of signing up for Floatplane, but there's one thing keeping me from doing so.

Do swear words get censored on Floatplane? If not, I'll be in in a minute :D

I believe the videos are almost always identical to the main site's videos aside from the lack of ads (and the occasional exclusive vlog).

HTTP/2 203

I can't access Floatplane Subforum also. 
Unfortunately, the php resync script didn't help. 

It says, 

Automatic fix failed. Please email 

I think I will do this now, after testing functionality after relogin. 

Edit: 
I accidentally overlooked the pending subscription reneval. 
Now I'm back in business :D 

Edited by Linkmaster
Wrong assumtion

I have been trying to change my payment method. I contacted support via email twice. I have now canceled my sub.

21 hours ago, Redbugz007 said:

I have been trying to change my payment method. I contacted support via email twice. I have now canceled my sub.

Oops. Not good! 

Sent you a PM, lets get this sorted.

As unfortunate as it is I have to say that I don't really watch that many floatplane club videos anymore, I think the last time I saw one was 2 months ago, just today my anual subscription was automatically renewed but I honestly don't think I'll use it, are PayPal refunds possible?

1 hour ago, Johnyrocks2014 said:

As unfortunate as it is I have to say that I don't really watch that many floatplane club videos anymore, I think the last time I saw one was 2 months ago, just today my anual subscription was automatically renewed but I honestly don't think I'll use it, are PayPal refunds possible?

If you send an email to floatplanehelp@gmail.com, Luke will be able to advise you on what your options are.

HTTP/2 203

Hey I'm wanting to change over my Floatplane payments from Paypal to the new credit card based provider on the alpha site. Unfortunately all I get when I go to the payment settings of my account is a message saying "loading". I've disabled my Chrome's Ublock Origin and Privacy Badger plug ins but it doesn't help. I'm logging into Floatplane using my LTT forum credentials.

OBSIDIAN: CPU AMD Ryzen 9 3900X | MB ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Hero Wifi | RAM Corsair Dominator RGB 32gb 3600 | GPU ASUS ROG Strix RTX 2080 Ti OC |

Cooler Corsair Hydro X | Storage Samsung 970 Evo 1tb | Samsung 860 QVO 2tb x2 | Seagate Barracuda 4tb x2 | Case Cosair Obsidian 500D RGB SE |

PSU Corsair HX750 | Cablemod Cables | Monitor Asus PG35VQAsus PG279Q | HID Corsair K70 Rapidfire RGB low profile | Corsair Dark Core Pro RGB SE | Xbox One Elite Controller Series 2

1 hour ago, DELTAprime said:

Hey I'm wanting to change over my Floatplane payments from Paypal to the new credit card based provider on the alpha site. Unfortunately all I get when I go to the payment settings of my account is a message saying "loading". I've disabled my Chrome's Ublock Origin and Privacy Badger plug ins but it doesn't help. I'm logging into Floatplane using my LTT forum credentials.

I can help you out. Will send a PM.

Hey I bought floatplane subscription from floatplane.com yesterday and I can watch videos on the alpha site but I don't have access to it on forums I even emailed the support yet no reply and I have my accounts linked as I used LTT forums to log into the site so idk what else is to be done. 

Thank You!