Message added by colonel_mortis

For Floatplane support, please send an email to support@floatplane.com for assistance.

On 28-2-2017 at 3:06 PM, colonel_mortis said:

If you have been billed for access to the floatplane club, but have lost access to the videos subforum, please visit https://linustechtips.com/main/floatplane_resync.php. This script will fix the most common issues, so you should regain access within about 10 minutes.

If you use it, please post in this topic (including whether it appears to have worked) so that I can track how frequently it occurs and whether the script is working correctly.

Automatic fix failed.

12 hours ago, Jakkeeny said:

Failed for me

3 hours ago, Henri8600 said:

Automatic fix failed.

If it fails, it should tell you to contact floatplanehelp@gmail.com, where luke will be able to look into it further for you.

HTTP/2 203

12 hours ago, Otterwise said:

I tried the script and it failed :/

Send an email to floatplanehelp@gmail.com and Luke should be able to help you out.

HTTP/2 203

38 minutes ago, colonel_mortis said:

Send an email to floatplanehelp@gmail.com and Luke should be able to help you out.

I wanna email luke just because now.

Specs v-v

Spoiler

Cpu: Ryzen 9 3900x @ 1.1v / Motherboard: Asus Prime X570-P / Ram: 32GB 3000Mhz 16-16-16-36 Team Vulcan (4x8GB) / Storage: 1x 1TB Lite-on EP2, 2x 128GB PM851 SSD, 3x 1TB WD Blues / Gpu: GTX Titan X (Pascal) / Case: Corsair 400c Carbide / Psu: Corsair RMi 750w / OS: Windows 10

Spoiler

I'm lonely, PM me to be my friend!

59 minutes ago, astrokitten2385 said:

Lost access and the script isnt working.... i signed up for floatplane club literally this morning.... @colonel_mortis

If you send an email to floatplanehelp@gmail.com, Luke should be able to help you out.

HTTP/2 203

Unfortunately I still don't have access after 4 days of sending a ticket to the email. I hope that I will have access during the weekend.

Lost access a few days ago too and the script doesn't work for me either. :/ Tried it three times now.

5 hours ago, powerdook said:

Lost access a few days ago too and the script doesn't work for me either. :/ Tried it three times now.

It should have told you to send an email to floatplanehelp@gmail.com for support. If the script says that it failed, rather than that it succeed but may take time, rerunning it won't change the outcome.

HTTP/2 203

On 10/22/2017 at 12:04 PM, colonel_mortis said:

It should have told you to send an email to floatplanehelp@gmail.com for support. If the script says that it failed, rather than that it succeed but may take time, rerunning it won't change the outcome.

I did and was told to try the script. Wrote back when it didn't work and haven't heard a thing. Still doesn't work though. :/

I haven't had access to Floatplane for over a week.  Does anyone answer the tickets? 

I still have no access, link does not work and opened a ticket with no response.

CPU: Intel i5 4690k | MOBO: ASRock Z97 Pro4 | RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaw 8GB 2133 mhz DDR3 | VIDEO: AMD Radeon 7970 | STORAGE: PNY 120 GB SSD, 2 x 2TB WD Red | PSU: Corsair GS600 | CASE: NZXT Phantom 410

I'm not feeling any love from floatplane. I subscribed, have been billed, received automated emails but do not have access, I have created a support ticket a few days ago with floatplane and have not seen even a response from the support team. Tried multiple machines, browsers, etc. On this forum I am still just listed as member. I suspect there may be a lock / stuck record thats not updated on the backend but I have seen zero response. I really hope its not a manual process to update the member group that my account in part of. If so let me know. It would explain a lot but would be a really bad "feature" for a tech community.

If it is a backend problem or manual process there are some of us that can help.

11 hours ago, RuZoG said:

I'm not feeling any love from floatplane. I subscribed, have been billed, received automated emails but do not have access, I have created a support ticket a few days ago with floatplane and have not seen even a response from the support team. Tried multiple machines, browsers, etc. On this forum I am still just listed as member. I suspect there may be a lock / stuck record thats not updated on the backend but I have seen zero response. I really hope its not a manual process to update the member group that my account in part of. If so let me know. It would explain a lot but would be a really bad "feature" for a tech community.

If it is a backend problem or manual process there are some of us that can help.

I am starting to feel the same way.

CPU: Intel i5 4690k | MOBO: ASRock Z97 Pro4 | RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaw 8GB 2133 mhz DDR3 | VIDEO: AMD Radeon 7970 | STORAGE: PNY 120 GB SSD, 2 x 2TB WD Red | PSU: Corsair GS600 | CASE: NZXT Phantom 410

Script failed. Sent email to floatplanehelp. But this is utterly confusing. What is floatplane and what is not floatplane? Isnt bitwit also on floatplane? </confused>

On 10/25/2017 at 4:01 AM, RuZoG said:

One thing you get when you sign up for FP right now is problems like this. After all, it's just a hidden section of the forum. They've never said that it was perfect. 

Main System: Phobos

AMD Ryzen 7 2700 (8C/16T), ASRock B450 Steel Legend, 16GB G.SKILL Aegis DDR4 3000MHz, AMD Radeon RX 570 4GB (XFX), 960GB Crucial M500, 2TB Seagate BarraCuda, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations/macOS Catalina

Secondary System: York

Intel Core i7-2600 (4C/8T), ASUS P8Z68-V/GEN3, 16GB GEIL Enhance Corsa DDR3 1600MHz, Zotac GeForce GTX 550 Ti 1GB, 240GB ADATA Ultimate SU650, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations

Older File Server: Yet to be named

Intel Pentium 4 HT (1C/2T), Intel D865GBF, 3GB DDR 400MHz, ATI Radeon HD 4650 1GB (HIS), 80GB WD Caviar, 320GB Hitachi Deskstar, Windows XP Pro SP3, Windows Server 2003 R2

10 minutes ago, Jarl said:

Script failed. Sent email to floatplanehelp. But this is utterly confusing. What is floatplane and what is not floatplane? Isnt bitwit also on floatplane? </confused>

Floatplane is the platform, which contains "LMG Floatplane" and "Bitwit Ultra".

HTTP/2 203

16 minutes ago, colonel_mortis said:

Floatplane is the platform, which contains "LMG Floatplane" and "Bitwit Ultra".

Ok. So if floatplane is the solution which contains LMG floatplane and bitwit ultra, is this floatplane? Its very confusing, since it says "Forum -> Floatplane -> Bitwit Ultra". From a users standpoint I am currently in a forum and not in any floating or non floating plane. Not a plane at all actually ;) 

image.png.e7e960713f9f05fd5f260ea3ac30f62c.png

2 minutes ago, Jarl said:

Ok. So if floatplane is the solution which contains LMG floatplane and bitwit ultra, is this floatplane? Its very confusing, since it says "Forum -> Floatplane -> Bitwit Ultra". From a users standpoint I am currently in a forum and not in any floating or non floating plane. Not a plane at all actually ;) 

image.png.e7e960713f9f05fd5f260ea3ac30f62c.png

For the next couple of months, this is how it's going to work. 

Once the new site launches the experience will get a LOT cleaner and will make more sense.

We hadn't intended to bring Kyle onboard until the new site was ready.. but with YouTube bunging things up by killing paid channels, we had to jump the gun a little.

Sorry for the confusion, and thank you in advance for your patience!!

Linus

2 hours ago, Jamiec1130 said:

One thing you get when you sign up for FP right now is problems like this. After all, it's just a hidden section of the forum. They've never said that it was perfect. 

Luke ended up addressing the issue. It was likely just a group permissions issue. No big deal but it did take almost 5 days to get a reply after joining. I expect there to be bumps in the road with anything newer perhaps an automated script failed and my ticket got lost in the ether for a while but again we're all good as of a day or two ago.

Thanx Guys

Just now, RuZoG said:

Luke ended up addressing the issue. It was likely just a group permissions issue. No big deal but it did take almost 5 days to get a reply after joining. I expect there to be bumps in the road with anything newer perhaps an automated script failed and my ticket got lost in the ether for a while but again we're all good as of a day or two ago.

Thanx Guys

Sorry for the hassle and thank you for your patience :D

3 hours ago, LinusTech said:

For the next couple of months, this is how it's going to work. 

Once the new site launches the experience will get a LOT cleaner and will make more sense.

We hadn't intended to bring Kyle onboard until the new site was ready.. but with YouTube bunging things up by killing paid channels, we had to jump the gun a little.

Sorry for the confusion, and thank you in advance for your patience!!

Linus

Whoa what? I'm a little out of the loop, what did YouTube do to kill paid channels?

is there a annual billing for Ultra i can't seem to find the $30 a year in the store?

Aselwyn1