Message added by colonel_mortis

For Floatplane support, please send an email to support@floatplane.com for assistance.

9 hours ago, TrulsBekk said:

I'm an OG supporter on FP, so I pay $3/mo.

Due to financial reasons, I have to cancel my subscription.

Whenever I decide to resubscribe to LTT on FP, can I keep the $3 OG subscription, or do I need to go for the $5 plan at that point?

Greetings from Norway.

Truls.

You will get better and faster reply by PMing LMG staff member, probably Colton or Nick. This thread isn't the official support, not for FP nor LMG.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

9 hours ago, TrulsBekk said:

I'm an OG supporter on FP, so I pay $3/mo.

Due to financial reasons, I have to cancel my subscription.

Whenever I decide to resubscribe to LTT on FP, can I keep the $3 OG subscription, or do I need to go for the $5 plan at that point?

Greetings from Norway.

Truls.

I would recommend emailing support@floatplane.com, they will be best placed to answer your question.

HTTP/2 203

• 1 year later...

I get that this isn’t an official support forum for FP, but I don’t see any other obvious places to discuss FP. That said, is there an FP forum somewhere that I’m not aware of? I’ll go ahead and post here, for now, since I don’t know where else to post it. I’m aware of the support email for FP, but I work in tech. I prefer to do some work on my end before contacting support as a last resort. I’ll be surprised if there isn’t an FP forum somewhere to at least discuss the service an apps.

I just started using FP yesterday. There doesn’t appear to be an app for Fire Stick, so I’ve been casting over Chromecast from a Pixel 4a to a Vizio M series (hate that TV). After watching a few videos, the next video will hang and show a spinning circle or something. I don’t remember what it is, but it’s what I’d expect to see if the video was buffering. I’ve tried backing out and starting another video, but it also does the buffering thing. The only way I can resolve it is to kill and restart the app; it’s pretty annoying. Is this common to the Android app, or is it due to Chromecast streaming?

On the topic of Fire Stick, I see that someone put together an unofficial app called Hydravion. I’d rather not go that route. Has anyone had success with sideloading the official Android app onto a Fire Stick? It seems like that would be the way to go assuming I can get access to the apk without jumping through a lot of hoops. I watch almost all of my video content on a Fire Stick. 

Edited by WkdPaul
cleanup formatting

21 hours ago, Ign0tus said:

I get that this isn’t an official support forum for FP, but I don’t see any other obvious places to discuss FP. That said, is there an FP forum somewhere that I’m not aware of? I’ll go ahead and post here, for now, since I don’t know where else to post it. I’m aware of the support email for FP, but I work in tech. I prefer to do some work on my end before contacting support as a last resort. I’ll be surprised if there isn’t an FP forum somewhere to at least discuss the service an apps.

I just started using FP yesterday. There doesn’t appear to be an app for Fire Stick, so I’ve been casting over Chromecast from a Pixel 4a to a Vizio M series (hate that TV). After watching a few videos, the next video will hang and show a spinning circle or something. I don’t remember what it is, but it’s what I’d expect to see if the video was buffering. I’ve tried backing out and starting another video, but it also does the buffering thing. The only way I can resolve it is to kill and restart the app; it’s pretty annoying. Is this common to the Android app, or is it due to Chromecast streaming?

On the topic of Fire Stick, I see that someone put together an unofficial app called Hydravion. I’d rather not go that route. Has anyone had success with sideloading the official Android app onto a Fire Stick? It seems like that would be the way to go assuming I can get access to the apk without jumping through a lot of hoops. I watch almost all of my video content on a Fire Stick. 

Floatplane on Android via the PlayStore

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.floatplane.floatplane

Floatplane via the Apple Store

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/floatplane/id1472071280

That is all the places you can find the app currently that I am aware of. If you wish to contact Floatplane directly you may here: support@floatplane.com

As for a forum dedicated for Floatplane, there used to be a Floatplane Subforum here, but it was close shortly after Floatplane Launched Officially. I am not aware of separate dedicated forum for FP at this time. 

Edited by WkdPaul
cleanup formatting

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

• 2 months later...

Browser, version and OS: Android 12, Pixel 5A

Steps to reproduce/what were you doing before it happened?

What happened? Notifications can not be disabled in app

What did you expect to happen? No more notifications

Link to a page where it happened, if applicable: 

Screenshots of the issue, if applicable: 

Any other relevant details:

If it's a cloudflare error, what was the ray ID from the bottom of the error page?

This is so descriptive…

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

I wouldn't mind notifications, If I had enabled them.. or can customize by category which ones I want. or as a wishful feature, set an off hours time since I'm not going to watch while I'm at work.

What notifications are we talking about? The forum doesn't have an app. Have you disabled push notifications in the forum's notification settings? Bell icon > gear icon > push notification at the bottom. Otherwise maybe it's a browser/Android setting that needs changing.

Crystal: CPU: i7 7700K | Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z270F | RAM: GSkill 16 GB@3200MHz | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti FE | Case: Corsair Crystal 570X (black) | PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 1000W | Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24"

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 9370 | CPU: i5 10510U | RAM: 16 GB

Server: CPU: i5 4690k | RAM: 16 GB | Case: Corsair Graphite 760T White | Storage: 19 TB

6 minutes ago, tikker said:

What notifications are we talking about? The forum doesn't have an app. Have you disabled push notifications in the forum's notification settings? Bell icon > gear icon > push notification at the bottom. Otherwise maybe it's a browser/Android setting that needs changing.

Floatplane.... 
*Edit: ohhh... I just noticed the forum removed the thread I was in... I don't chat here much..

updated the topic.

4 minutes ago, Nate_LapT said:

Floatplane.... 
*Edit: ohhh... I just noticed the forum removed the thread I was in... I don't chat here much..

updated the topic.

Ah that makes more sense now. I don't use Floatplane, so can't help with that unfortunately.

Crystal: CPU: i7 7700K | Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z270F | RAM: GSkill 16 GB@3200MHz | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti FE | Case: Corsair Crystal 570X (black) | PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 1000W | Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24"

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 9370 | CPU: i5 10510U | RAM: 16 GB

Server: CPU: i5 4690k | RAM: 16 GB | Case: Corsair Graphite 760T White | Storage: 19 TB

The forum is separate from floatplane, you need to contact floatplane support if you've got things for them.

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

2 hours ago, Kilrah said:

The forum is separate from floatplane, you need to contact floatplane support if you've got things for them.

sorry, I saw other FP threads here and thought they were using here. 

4 hours ago, Nate_LapT said:

sorry, I saw other FP threads here and thought they were using here. 

I've merged this with the FP support thread now. Though I think FP devs probably prefer direct contact for tracking reasons.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

• 4 months later...

EDIT: I know IIm lazy and dumb. And all of it is stupid, but please consider it 😄

I hope this is the right thread. If not, please redirect me or tell me off.

There is a super annoying thing (for me) which drives me crazy.
I searched for the video "It's time to break up (SPONSORED)"
and I had to scroll down 2 years worth of videos, because the search bar didnt find it.
On my german keyboard I have 3 different apostrophes (I mean the thing between it and s in its.) and I cant remember which one I have to use. There is >>`´'<<

So can you please make it possible to find videos where some form of you´re, he`s or it's can be found by typing just the alphanumerical symbols???
That would mean a lot, if you spent minutes or hours, so I dont have to "waste" the second to find the right `´' (I told you this is stupid and if you read this like this its even more obvious)

Much love and sorry for bothering you all here.
Lord

2 hours ago, Lord Sexy said:

EDIT: I know IIm lazy and dumb. And all of it is stupid, but please consider it 😄

and I had to scroll down 2 years worth of videos, because the search bar didnt find it.
On my german keyboard I have 3 different apostrophes (I mean the thing between it and s in its.) and I cant remember which one I have to use. There is >>`´'<<

So can you please make it possible to find videos where some form of you´re, he`s or it's can be found by typing just the alphanumerical symbols???
That would mean a lot, if you spent minutes or hours, so I dont have to "waste" the second to find the right `´' (I told you this is stupid and if you read this like this its even more obvious)

Lord

What happens to the results if you just omit the punctuation mark?

Like:

Its time to break up

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

On 6/7/2022 at 6:18 PM, Lord Sexy said:

Lord

I'd recommend reaching out to Floatplane support at https://www.floatplane.com/support#support-help for this, I don't think they actively monitor this topic (and there's a feature request option in the contact us form).

HTTP/2 203

• 3 months later...

Could not find place where to report bugs, so:

When downloading from floatplane at lower resolution than 1080p for the 5$ tier, instead of getting download prompt window with the correct filename, this happens (see screenshot). after the video has loaded (can take a long time) you can start to play it, or save by going to menu and choosing save page as. Happens on FireFox, have not tested on Chrome or other browsers.

Screenshot from 2022-10-09 08-47-48.png

2 hours ago, AlpacaTechTips said:

Could not find place where to report bugs, so:

When downloading from floatplane at lower resolution than 1080p for the 5$ tier, instead of getting download prompt window with the correct filename, this happens (see screenshot). after the video has loaded (can take a long time) you can start to play it, or save by going to menu and choosing save page as. Happens on FireFox, have not tested on Chrome or other browsers.

Screenshot from 2022-10-09 08-47-48.png

Support@floatplane.com

I do get this occasionally with downloads. I did note the support about it, but since it might be just on Firefox, I haven't bothered lately. I just chug filename to DownThemAll with videos name.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

I have a Problem with Video Loading Speed.

If i use my VPN to Canada🇨🇦 my Browser is Buffering the Video with 2.4 MB/s.

Without an VPN (i live in Germany🇩🇪) the Download speed is down to 150-250 KB/s.

Are there other subscribers who experienced this behavior?

5 minutes ago, SleeperXr said:

Without an VPN (i live in Germany🇩🇪) the Download speed is down to 150-250 KB/s.

I think Luke mentioned this recently on the WAN show.

29 minutes ago, ToboRobot said:

I think Luke mentioned this recently on the WAN show.

Ok ive watched it and i get the Problem, i will use Canadian VPN until the CDN Problem is solved 😁

53 minutes ago, SleeperXr said:

To you too, support@floatplane.com. I need to send them email too as I have same as you. Which means their European node is having issues.

Got also access denied on downloads when I try the thing I wrote above. Not good overall.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

• 4 weeks later...

fixed now.

before was:

when trying to download video.

firefox:

Secure Connection Failed

An error occurred during a connection to edge01-na.floatplane.com.

The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because the authenticity of the received data could not be verified.
    Please contact the website owners to inform them of this problem.

chrome:

This page isn’t working

edge01-na.floatplane.com didn’t send any data.

ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE