Message added by colonel_mortis

For Floatplane support, please send an email to support@floatplane.com for assistance.

10 hours ago, LinusTech said:

We take a pretty liberal stance on fair use of our content. I would consider a screenshot of a video that's been turned into a meme to be highly transformative and therefore covered under fair use. 

I'm not gonna lie. I have no idea what you said. Can you dumb it down for stupid people such as myself?

7 hours ago, TempestCatto said:

I'm not gonna lie. I have no idea what you said. Can you dumb it down for stupid people such as myself?

It's fine. That's the simple answer. Spoilers about some highly anticipated videos would be quite a different thing.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

• 1 month later...

Where / who do i contact to raise a bug report on Floatplanes Mobile app?

Cheers

3 hours ago, MyBalls said:

Where / who do i contact to raise a bug report on Floatplanes Mobile app?

Cheers

Is it official mobile app (I doubt it is)? Or are you talking about how site itself works on mobile browsers? For latter, PM to @AJJaxNet is probably best way to go as they don't really have any official tracker or other way to submit those.

If its unofficial app, then you contact deveploper of that app. And hope that it isn't taken down by FPM.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

35 minutes ago, LogicalDrm said:

Is it official mobile app (I doubt it is)? Or are you talking about how site itself works on mobile browsers? For latter, PM to @AJJaxNet is probably best way to go as they don't really have any official tracker or other way to submit those.

If its unofficial app, then you contact deveploper of that app. And hope that it isn't taken down by FPM.

Are you asking if it's the official app or are you asking if an official app exists?

The answer to the questions both of you are asking is in the screencap off my phone.

Screenshot_20190724-114326.thumb.png.142bbb5d20b981ea120a68ce8dd15711.png

Desktop: [Processor: Intel Skylake i5 6600K (stock for now)][HSF: CoolerMaster Hyper 212 EVO]
[PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 B2][Case: Corsair Carbide Series Air 540 Silver]
[Motherboard: AsRock Z170 Extreme4][RAM: 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-2666]
[Video: eVGA GeForce GTX 1060 3GB 03G-P4-6160-KR]
[Hard Drives: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB]
Notebook: [HP Envy x360 15z][Ryzen 7 2700U w/ Radeon RX Vega 10][8GB RAM][256GB m.2 nVME SSD]

Gaming:[SteamID: STEAM_0:0:1792244 - "[TC]CreepingDeath"]

29 minutes ago, GilmourD said:

Are you asking if it's the official app or are you asking if an official app exists?

The answer to the questions both of you are asking is in the screencap off my phone.

Kinda both. I'm about month back with WAN Shows and they really are the only news source for FP deveploment.

You also answered the question as their email is right there in that screenshot.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

16 hours ago, LogicalDrm said:

its the offical one :P...

cheers ill pm ajj

• 4 weeks later...

You guys know FP is kinda not working atm? 

Having issues where Floatplane says I’m not subscribed to anything. Anyone else having similar issues? 

2 minutes ago, Junel said:

Having issues where Floatplane says I’m not subscribed to anything. Anyone else having similar issues? 

When was the last payment made? Also, you should use the support email for these. FP is very soon completely off forums. Already troubleshooting stuff like your subscription status is out of reach by forums administrator.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 9/13/2019 at 5:51 AM, digital_nothing said:

I've tried three browsers, Floatplane isn't loading for me. Just a blank white page.

same here although it works via mobile data for some reason

• 2 months later...

Hay Floatplane! I would like support you guy with a LTT supporter plus subscription but I would like to keep my (OG) title, anyway to make this happen?

Also still waiting on the IOS app

• 2 weeks later...

so hopefully im in the right place but i dont have a float plane account at the moment and plan to get one in the future when i have a better job to support my favorite creators. and as someone without a account i cant find any official list or even unofficial list of creators on floatplane. there are creators i know are or will be on floatplane at some point, but i cant find any way to figure out if they currently are. just a supper basic list of creators who have publicly announced they are on float plane would be awesome, i get some times you cant post immediately but like eventually. 

just as a service having discover ability just a bit better would be awesome thanks for listening to my ted talk 

41 minutes ago, fredrichnietze said:

and as someone without a account i cant find any official list or even unofficial list of creators on floatplane.

You can create account without subscription to see who are on the platform. Usually you would find that info from your favorites other channels or pages.

just a supper basic list of creators who have publicly announced they are on float plane would be awesome, i get some times you cant post immediately but like eventually. 

They sometimes announce new creators on WAN Show.

just as a service having discover ability just a bit better would be awesome thanks for listening to my ted talk 

But that would be against the point. As said by Linus and Luke in the launch announcement. The platform will promote only creators own content, not other creators.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

5 hours ago, LogicalDrm said:

You can create account without subscription to see who are on the platform. Usually you would find that info from your favorites other channels or pages

is this the sort of thing you want to soft paywall? wan show and such requires going through how much video content to find what you're looking for? im not talking full on advertising or suggestion algorithms. just like, a basic phone book. about me on a new site with a list of writers and major staff. lawyer sites with a list of lawyers and 1 sentence about who they are and their practice. something people can scroll through to see "hey theirs level one techs they finally got on" or "hey theirs mxr". i am not joking when i say i can find more information about 18th century saber models quicker and easier then whos on floatplane. suuuuper basic list, doesnt even have to be up to date. 

2 hours ago, fredrichnietze said:

and as someone without a account i cant find any official list or even unofficial list of creators on floatplane. there are creators i know are or will be on floatplane at some point, but i cant find any way to figure out if they currently are. just a supper basic list of creators who have publicly announced they are on float plane would be awesome, i get some times you cant post immediately but like eventually. 

Creating an account on Floatplane is free and you can view the list of creators without needing to subscribe to any of them. When you create your account you click on "Browse creators" and there's a full list of all the people on Floatplane.

Here's the current list of creators on Floatplane, but they have been adding a a bunch of new creators lately so more may be added soon.
image.png.e6d44fdaad1fe4c3c1bb5e9d5772fca6.png

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

3 hours ago, fredrichnietze said:

is this the sort of thing you want to soft paywall? wan show and such requires going through how much video content to find what you're looking for? im not talking full on advertising or suggestion algorithms. just like, a basic phone book. about me on a new site with a list of writers and major staff. lawyer sites with a list of lawyers and 1 sentence about who they are and their practice. something people can scroll through to see "hey theirs level one techs they finally got on" or "hey theirs mxr". i am not joking when i say i can find more information about 18th century saber models quicker and easier then whos on floatplane. suuuuper basic list, doesnt even have to be up to date. 

Again, you can create account without subscription to anyone. And again, it's up to creators you already follow to tell that they are on FP.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

9 hours ago, LogicalDrm said:

Again, you can create account without subscription to anyone. And again, it's up to creators you already follow to tell that they are on FP.

my questions been answered. 

what im trying to do is provide constructive criticism because i like luke and want floatplane to succeed. i understand criticism is hard to take but i'll try one more time in case im failing to convey it.

even though the burden is on the creator to explain things and advertise, as a platform you should understand not 100% of everything about floatplane is going to be explained by the creators 100% of the time. not all of them understand the platform and its constantly changing and improving features like you do, and certainly the public doesn't. also you are now opening up so all creators can sign up and try to join and most of your advertising is LTT fans telling their favorite creators about this and they might not be able to give all the information about floatplane to these people.

if someone has a question and goes to your site and doesnt find a answer, even if the answer can be found by creating a account that is not clear or explained or easily inferred. the free account thing is explained on your site, the eula just talks about how to pay and where the money goes. as someone who literally just did this, i can say at least some people will like me think "thats annoying i cant find any answers" and google it.

you have no control over those google result or the accuracy.

so in the case of a creator not giving 100% of all current and up to date information about floatplane to all of their fans, do you you think it's a good idea to leave those people to google roulette? or to try to provide information about you and services

short list would be 

~list of creators

~what are some features you have?

~live streaming?

~what specific types of content you provide (pixels, frame rate, bitrate)

~information about this free account thing

~is there any free videos someone can go and watch and see what quality the delivery system is before making decisions like "do i want to be a creator on here" or "is this worth x dollars a month to me" 

~what is the creator/floatplane profit split? is it a split or is there a flat fee and what is it? quick google search tells me 9% pre may 2019 12% post may 2019 for patreon but theirs nothing on float plane other then their is a fee and money gets split somehow. bit crucial for potential creators 

~as a creator what happens if i get a copywrite dispute or dmca takedown or floatplane does? since the birth of floatplane is really youtube having bad copywrite and dmca takedown policys, knowing what floatplanes policys are matters.

ect

i know most of these things these arent questions these are examples of some common questions someone interested in floatplane might have and not be able to find definitive answers to on floatplane. 

again constructive criticism in the hopes you will become a better platform and be amazing and successful and linus can retire a billionaire. 

peace o/

I have an issue with the iOS app, I can't logg in, I always logg on to float plane with though LTT forum. and that support is on the Android app. but not on iOS (iPad) and if I use my userane/e-mail and password it doesn't exist according to the app.
and for some reason I can't change password on Floatplane :) 

(Edit, only fix I could do was to "Forgotten password" to get a password that worked on Floatplane but would be nice to be able to "logg in though LTT forum on iOS app like the android version ;) )

Edited by Mr-Gentleman
solved

• 1 month later...

How about keeping track of what videos you've seen on a accountlevel and display a "Watched" icon in the bottom left corner so we immediately can see what's new and exciting?

I`d really like to watch the regular videos on Youtube (even though they
are released there later) since the clicks and likes there still help
LTT plus I can`t use Floatplane on my TV (comfortably). And I`d like to
watch just the exclusive videos here on Floatplane. Is there any way to
know which videos go to Youtube and which won`t? Are the Floatplane
exclusive videos marked somehow or is LTT planning to do so?

Cheers from Switzerland.

Martin

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D | Motherboard: MSI MPG X670E Carbon WiFi
RAM: G.Skill Trident Z5 6000 MHz CL30 2x16GB | GPU: AMD XFX 7900 XTX
Case: BeQuiet Dark Base 900 Pro rev.2 | PSU: BeQuiet Straight Power 11 1000W
Storage: Samsung 990 Pro + Samsung 970 Evo+ 1TBGB M.2 + Samsung 970 Evo 1TB M.2 + Seagate Ironwolf 8TB HDD
Watercooling: EKWM Quantum Velocity2 + Alphacool Aurora D5 + Alphacool GPU Block
Radiators & Fans: 420/30 copper rad + 360/30 copper rad all Silent Wings 4 Pro @ 40%
Keyboard: Corsair K95 Platinum RGB | Mouse: Logitech G502X Plus | Mousepad: Logitech Powerplay | Headset: Corsair Virtuoso XT
Monitor: Samsung Odyssey G9 49" 32:9 1440p

5 hours ago, MS Eierfeile said:

I`d really like to watch the regular videos on Youtube (even though they
are released there later) since the clicks and likes there still help
LTT plus I can`t use Floatplane on my TV (comfortably). And I`d like to
watch just the exclusive videos here on Floatplane. Is there any way to
know which videos go to Youtube and which won`t? Are the Floatplane
exclusive videos marked somehow or is LTT planning to do so?

Cheers from Switzerland.

Martin

Any FP only has FP EXCLUSIVE in video title. Otherwise its hard to tell which video is which as the names are youtubenized (made clickbaity). Paying for FP gives so much money more per viewer to LMG than watching YT.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

• 2 weeks later...

I'm an OG supporter on FP, so I pay $3/mo.

Due to financial reasons, I have to cancel my subscription.

Whenever I decide to resubscribe to LTT on FP, can I keep the $3 OG subscription, or do I need to go for the $5 plan at that point?

Greetings from Norway.

Truls.