Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
colonel_mortis

If the support wizard isn't able to solve your problem, please send an email to support@floatplane.com for assistance. Support cannot be offered in this topic, and you will just be directed to the email.

Message added by colonel_mortis

Recommended Posts

Hey everyone,

I've run into and issue trying to sign-up to floatplane. I like having separate accounts for everything so I tried signing up with my email and choosing my username. Problem is, I never received the confirmation email (checked every folder and the address I used is correct). I tried signing in with my forum account and that worked just fine, but I'd like to keep the two separate as I mentioned earlier.

 

Should I send an email to the address mentioned at the front page?

 

Thanks in advance and keep up the good work!

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Rafy said:

Should I send an email to the address mentioned at the front page?

 

Thanks in advance and keep up the good work!

For any account or payment related question email is always the best way to go.


^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure if I should send an e-mail in or not as I don't know if its something I should have or not. I noticed on a WAN show stream that Linus had a section on the forum dedicated to Floatplane, as a subscriber I've now linked my Floatplane account to my forum account does this mean I should be able to see this section or was it a Linus/Admin section only for the Floatplane contributors?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
6 minutes ago, Freebo said:

Not sure if I should send an e-mail in or not as I don't know if its something I should have or not. I noticed on a WAN show stream that Linus had a section on the forum dedicated to Floatplane, as a subscriber I've now linked my Floatplane account to my forum account does this mean I should be able to see this section or was it a Linus/Admin section only for the Floatplane contributors?

The floatplane section is the old version of Floatplane, and is being replaced by floatplane.com. If you subscribed through floatplane.com, the forum section isn't available.


HTTP/2 203

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, colonel_mortis said:

The floatplane section is the old version of Floatplane, and is being replaced by floatplane.com. If you subscribed through floatplane.com, the forum section isn't available.

Makes sense, thanks :)

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/18/2019 at 9:01 AM, colonel_mortis said:

The floatplane section is the old version of Floatplane, and is being replaced by floatplane.com. If you subscribed through floatplane.com, the forum section isn't available.

Is the Floatplane section of the forum gone, now? It worked for me until yesterday when suddenly I couldn't access any of the threads, even though I was still getting notifications of replies for them. I'm still able to access Floatplane.com using my linked LTT account.


Desktop: [Processor: Intel Skylake i5 6600K (stock for now)][HSF: CoolerMaster Hyper 212 EVO]
[PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 B2][Case: Corsair Carbide Series Air 540 Silver]
[Motherboard: AsRock Z170 Extreme4][RAM: 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-2666]
[Video: eVGA GeForce GTX 1060 3GB 03G-P4-6160-KR]
[Hard Drives: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB]
Notebook: [HP Envy x360 15z][Ryzen 7 2700U w/ Radeon RX Vega 10][8GB RAM][256GB m.2 nVME SSD]

Gaming:[SteamID: STEAM_0:0:1792244 - "[TC]CreepingDeath"]

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, GilmourD said:

Is the Floatplane section of the forum gone, now? It worked for me until yesterday when suddenly I couldn't access any of the threads, even though I was still getting notifications of replies for them. I'm still able to access Floatplane.com using my linked LTT account.

Your subscription from forum side probably expired. And since linking only works from forum to site, you can't access forums anymore. (Yes, they still work, I just read post in there)


^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

Your subscription from forum side probably expired. And since linking only works from forum to site, you can't access forums anymore. (Yes, they still work, I just read post in there)

Which is weird because I haven't paid a forum side subscription since... December, I think.


Desktop: [Processor: Intel Skylake i5 6600K (stock for now)][HSF: CoolerMaster Hyper 212 EVO]
[PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 B2][Case: Corsair Carbide Series Air 540 Silver]
[Motherboard: AsRock Z170 Extreme4][RAM: 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-2666]
[Video: eVGA GeForce GTX 1060 3GB 03G-P4-6160-KR]
[Hard Drives: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB]
Notebook: [HP Envy x360 15z][Ryzen 7 2700U w/ Radeon RX Vega 10][8GB RAM][256GB m.2 nVME SSD]

Gaming:[SteamID: STEAM_0:0:1792244 - "[TC]CreepingDeath"]

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, GilmourD said:

Which is weird because I haven't paid a forum side subscription since... December, I think.

There has always been week or two extra, which might explain that. My yearly ends in October.


^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
11 hours ago, GilmourD said:

Which is weird because I haven't paid a forum side subscription since... December, I think.

Some subscriptions haven't expired correctly due to a bug caused by preparation for the migration to the Floatplane site.


HTTP/2 203

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, colonel_mortis said:

Some subscriptions haven't expired correctly due to a bug caused by preparation for the migration to the Floatplane site.

So, after everybody expires from the forum the subforum will die? 


Desktop: [Processor: Intel Skylake i5 6600K (stock for now)][HSF: CoolerMaster Hyper 212 EVO]
[PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 B2][Case: Corsair Carbide Series Air 540 Silver]
[Motherboard: AsRock Z170 Extreme4][RAM: 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-2666]
[Video: eVGA GeForce GTX 1060 3GB 03G-P4-6160-KR]
[Hard Drives: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB]
Notebook: [HP Envy x360 15z][Ryzen 7 2700U w/ Radeon RX Vega 10][8GB RAM][256GB m.2 nVME SSD]

Gaming:[SteamID: STEAM_0:0:1792244 - "[TC]CreepingDeath"]

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
25 minutes ago, GilmourD said:

So, after everybody expires from the forum the subforum will die? 

I don't know what the LMG/FP team are planning for that


HTTP/2 203

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi guys so i am planning to create my own youtube channel in the coming months,If i want to use floatplane what are the procedures or is it invitational only

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Shiva96 said:

Hi guys so i am planning to create my own youtube channel in the coming months,If i want to use floatplane what are the procedures or is it invitational only

While service is in beta, it's invite only. Once they launch it officially, they will hand out guidelines about what creator should have before joining.

 

But note that it's not like YouTube. To benefit from FP, you need to first have decent following and fans who are ready to pay for extra/early content you put out. It's not going to bring you more viewers or more money just like that.


^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Link to post
Share on other sites

It's not a serious issue but for some reason I cannot play 1080p videos through my Chromecast. It started a couple of months ago. Some short videos (3-4 minutes) play fine from time to time but any longer than that just refuses to start. 720p works just fine. It doesn't matter if I cast from a phone or PC. Chromecast itself is connected to a 5GHz network. 

 

I cast same / higher bitrate content just fine from other sources (local or not) with no problems. I have 70Mb/s down / 15Mb/s up internet connection. Location: Poland. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/12/2019 at 6:19 AM, jamaniek said:

It's not a serious issue but for some reason I cannot play 1080p videos through my Chromecast. It started a couple of months ago. Some short videos (3-4 minutes) play fine from time to time but any longer than that just refuses to start. 720p works just fine. It doesn't matter if I cast from a phone or PC. Chromecast itself is connected to a 5GHz network. 

 

I cast same / higher bitrate content just fine from other sources (local or not) with no problems. I have 70Mb/s down / 15Mb/s up internet connection. Location: Poland. 

I'm having the same problem, although all my videos from BitWit at 1080p on FP work perfectly when casting, for some reason i just can not cast any video that isnt a TQ or TL (short video)

Link to post
Share on other sites

I sent an email to floatplane support but figured I would post here as well. Last night I went to floatplane and just using my sign in credentials without being subscribed to ANY channel on floatplane, and having never subscribed to a channel before was still able to access the Roast stream for free. After the roast was over I still subscribed to ltt as that was the initial plan but I wouldn’t have had to as I had already seen the roast which was my purpose for subscribing


CPU Ryzen 3600, MB MSI MEG Ace x570, RAM Corsair Vengence Pro 32gb @ 3200 mhz, Custom Loop, Thermal Take Core P5 TG, GPU EVGA RTX2080 Ti XC  PC Part Picker list for complete build https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/j86vTB

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Minor suggestion: updating the URL's on the profile section of FloatPlane.com does not give warning feedback if a valid URL is not entered. Otherwise, I really like the clean interface and the simplicity of getting around.


VR Snob ... looking for ultimate full-power full-portable no-compromise VR Box ... Streacom's DA2 starting to look good ...

Link to post
Share on other sites

I tried to add my Discover card to Floatplane. I get done putting my card info in and it comes back with "Card not supported".

What credit cards do you take? Or is something wrong with the card input script?

Link to post
Share on other sites

This is not yet in Floatplane: 

UPDATE: It's now up. Thanks!

Edited by takagi19
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/10/2019 at 5:30 AM, Hawke53051 said:

I tried to add my Discover card to Floatplane. I get done putting my card info in and it comes back with "Card not supported".

What credit cards do you take? Or is something wrong with the card input script?

I'm guessing they're only accepting Amex, Visa, and Mastercard right now for cards.


How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill

iPhone 8 Plus (Mid 2019 to present)

Samaritan XL (Early 2018 - present with 2019 GPU upgrades) - AMD Ryzen 7 1700X (8C/16T) , MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon, Corsair 16GB DDR4-3200MHz ,  Asus ROG Strix RX Vega 56 , Corsair RM850i PSU, Corsair H100i v2 CPU Cooler, Samsung 860 EVO 500GB SSD, Seagate BarraCuda 2TB HDD (2018), Seagate BarraCuda 1TB HDD (2014), NZXT S340 Elite, Corsair ML 120 Pro, Corsair ML 140 Pro

Link to post
Share on other sites

Also, I've just noticed that my Floatplane sub for Tech Deals through Paypal seems to have been cancelled for no reason. I've sent them an email but I figured I should post here as well to see if anybody else had the same thing happen.


How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill

iPhone 8 Plus (Mid 2019 to present)

Samaritan XL (Early 2018 - present with 2019 GPU upgrades) - AMD Ryzen 7 1700X (8C/16T) , MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon, Corsair 16GB DDR4-3200MHz ,  Asus ROG Strix RX Vega 56 , Corsair RM850i PSU, Corsair H100i v2 CPU Cooler, Samsung 860 EVO 500GB SSD, Seagate BarraCuda 2TB HDD (2018), Seagate BarraCuda 1TB HDD (2014), NZXT S340 Elite, Corsair ML 120 Pro, Corsair ML 140 Pro

Link to post
Share on other sites

Today I opened floatplane to watch some nice videos only to find out that my subscription is cancelled and I cannot add paysafe account. Happened to anyone before? What should I do to add paysafe account and renew my subscription? 

image.png

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
8 minutes ago, Z0G1 said:

Today I opened floatplane to watch some nice videos only to find out that my subscription is cancelled and I cannot add paysafe account. Happened to anyone before? What should I do to add paysafe account and renew my subscription? 

image.png

Please send an email to support@floatplane.com for support.


HTTP/2 203

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/5/2019 at 8:33 PM, Z0G1 said:

Today I opened floatplane to watch some nice videos only to find out that my subscription is cancelled and I cannot add paysafe account. Happened to anyone before? What should I do to add paysafe account and renew my subscription? 

image.png

Same here - I've sent an email to ask for support

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×