Message added by colonel_mortis

For Floatplane support, please send an email to support@floatplane.com for assistance.

21 minutes ago, Hasney said:

Hey guys, don't know if a recent update to floatplane.com has broken access to those paying through the forum? My account is still linked, but I can't access the videos there, only in the forum here.

No worries if I just need to cancel here and move over to to the payment method here now you've got PayPal support, but just seeing if it's me or if it's a general thing.

In floatplane.com, click the cog in the bottom left, next to your name, then click "settings". In the tab nav that appears, click "Connected Accounts", then click the refresh icon next to Linus Tech Tips. (The steps are mostly similar to https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/976027-how-to-link-discord-to-your-floatplanecom-account/). If that doesn't work, or it would be easier, you can also log out, then log back in using the LTT forum, as this will also force a resync.

HTTP/2 203

It has completely broken the payment system. I cannot even add a card on the website. Also just canceled my current subscription.

20 hours ago, colonel_mortis said:

In floatplane.com, click the cog in the bottom left, next to your name, then click "settings". In the tab nav that appears, click "Connected Accounts", then click the refresh icon next to Linus Tech Tips. (The steps are mostly similar to https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/976027-how-to-link-discord-to-your-floatplanecom-account/). If that doesn't work, or it would be easier, you can also log out, then log back in using the LTT forum, as this will also force a resync.

If you're on mobile you'll need to access the desktop version of the site to see the refresh option.

• 3 weeks later...

-sorry fixed it-

Main Machine:  16 inch MacBook Pro (2021), Apple M1 Pro (10 CPU, 16 GPU Core), 512GB SDD, 16GB RAM

Gaming Machine:  Acer Nitro 5, Core i7 10750H, RTX 3060 (L) 6GB, 1TB SSD (Boot), 2TB SSD (Storage), 32GB DDR4 RAM

Other Tech: iPhone 15 Pro Max, Series 6 Apple Watch (LTE), AirPods Max, PS4, Nintendo Switch, PS3, Xbox 360

Network Gear:  TP Link Gigabit 24 Port Switch, TP-Link Deco M4 Mesh Wi-Fi, M1 MacMini File & Media Server with 8TB of RAID 1 Storage

I'm on the old 30$/year plan that expires tomorrow, but I don't want to renew it. I don't see any options to cancel the agreement. Is that because the option for yearly subscription is gone? Will my agreement expire automatically without being renewed or am I missing the cancel subscription button.

CPU: 2x Xeon E5 2670 Motherboard: ASRock EP2C602-4L/D16,  RAM: 64GB of 1333 MHz mermory from Samsung (ECC),  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1070,  Case: NZXT Switch 810, Storage: Samsug EVO 250GB and 500GB, 3x3 TB and 1x1TB  HDD  PSU: Corsair RM 850,  Mouse: Logitech MX Master 2s,  Headset: Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO black edition (80 ohm), OS: UnRaid with two VMs and Plex 

5 minutes ago, DieselWeasel said:

I'm on the old 30$/year plan that expires tomorrow, but I don't want to renew it. I don't see any options to cancel the agreement. Is that because the option for yearly subscription is gone? Will my agreement expire automatically without being renewed or am I missing the cancel subscription button.

You need to login to PayPal to cancel the recurring subscription. It's stupid, but that's why we spent the last year building a better system :(

2 hours ago, DieselWeasel said:

https://linustechtips.com/main/clients/billing-agreements/

If you select the yearly one from there, you don't have "suspend" and "cancel" options at right top corner?

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

4 hours ago, DieselWeasel said:

If you have already cancelled it within PayPal, you're already sorted, and the cancel buttons won't show up on the forum. You will retain access for a few (~6) days after it was due to expire though.

If you haven't cancelled in PayPal, and the buttons still aren't showing up in https://linustechtips.com/main/clients/billing-agreements/, then that sounds like a bug - please let me know if this is the case so I can investigate it further.

HTTP/2 203

On 9/25/2018 at 6:09 PM, colonel_mortis said:

I was having this exact problem, and that seems to have fixed it!

14 hours ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

https://linustechtips.com/main/clients/billing-agreements/

If you select the yearly one from there, you don't have "suspend" and "cancel" options at right top corner?

12 hours ago, colonel_mortis said:

If you have already cancelled it within PayPal, you're already sorted, and the cancel buttons won't show up on the forum. You will retain access for a few (~6) days after it was due to expire though.

If you haven't cancelled in PayPal, and the buttons still aren't showing up in https://linustechtips.com/main/clients/billing-agreements/, then that sounds like a bug - please let me know if this is the case so I can investigate it further.

I've already canceled the payment within PayPal, but this page didn't change. It's as I remember it from yesterday... no buttons http://prntscr.com/l704zy . Ofcourse now that I've already canceled my subscription the buttons shouldn't be there, but there was nothing there before.

CPU: 2x Xeon E5 2670 Motherboard: ASRock EP2C602-4L/D16,  RAM: 64GB of 1333 MHz mermory from Samsung (ECC),  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1070,  Case: NZXT Switch 810, Storage: Samsug EVO 250GB and 500GB, 3x3 TB and 1x1TB  HDD  PSU: Corsair RM 850,  Mouse: Logitech MX Master 2s,  Headset: Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO black edition (80 ohm), OS: UnRaid with two VMs and Plex 

im having the opposite issue from the gentlman above.. I Had the 30/year plan that expired 11 days ago but apparently it got "insta" canceled on the day i subscribed... its unfortunate for me bc i prefer to pay yearly and the new floatplane dosent allow yearly payments

Why did I have to cancel my sub all of a sudden and resub?  I tried to follow the link to support under the invoices tab in settings and it did nothing. A heads up if this was planned would've been nice.

sorry to hear that your having issues too @JPTechGrind  if I'm not mistaken their old payment system was suuuupper messed up... but the switch to the new one screwed me over too still haven't heard a satisfactory answer about my getting my yearly subscription back. @Slick

On 10/25/2018 at 1:08 AM, JPTechGrind said:

Why did I have to cancel my sub all of a sudden and resub?  I tried to follow the link to support under the invoices tab in settings and it did nothing. A heads up if this was planned would've been nice.

On 10/25/2018 at 6:30 AM, Bugboy94 said:

sorry to hear that your having issues too @JPTechGrind  if I'm not mistaken their old payment system was suuuupper messed up... but the switch to the new one screwed me over too still haven't heard a satisfactory answer about my getting my yearly subscription back. @Slick

If you were originally subscribed on the forum, no changes have been made, though PayPal has been known to randomly cancel the recurring payments, which is outside of our control.

If you were subscribed on floatplane.com, I'm not aware of any changes like that, but you would need to contact floatplane support for authoritative information about that.

HTTP/2 203

Is anyone else getting this issue below? I am unable to play the video and the play button is in the wrong place. Floatplane.com is working fine so I'm using that, just a little odd...

Capture.PNG

5 hours ago, colonel_mortis said:

If you were originally subscribed on the forum, no changes have been made, though PayPal has been known to randomly cancel the recurring payments, which is outside of our control.

If you were subscribed on floatplane.com, I'm not aware of any changes like that, but you would need to contact floatplane support for authoritative information about that.

as you have mentioned, I have contacted the floatplane support as well as the forum support. yes i did have the subscription through the forum.  as far as i can tell from talking to paypal regarding this, "the company providing the subscription canceled it"  from PayPal's  perspective  unfortunately both forum and floatplane support have no way to authorize/re-establish a full yearly subscription. even one with no discount. 

• 2 weeks later...
59 minutes ago, OnyxArmos said:

Hey all,

I just subscribed to LTT on Floatplane - I did it directly through the Floatplane website so I can't use the wizard to fix my problem (D'oh!). I can watch Linus' videos on Floatplane.com, but I don't have access to the floatplane section of the forum. My Floatplane account is definitely connected to both my Discord and this forum:

image.png.aefd04ff7048158981d7ac3e7a1ac71b.png

I did only just buy this like 10 minutes ago, so could it just be a matter of waiting a bit longer? The payment has definitely been taken because I checked my Paypal and my bank account. I have pressed the refresh button on both of the connected accounts too.

If you buy through website, you don't get forum access. Yes for all other features, if Discord integration is already working.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

My Floatplane stopped working (subbed through the forum when it first started). After struggling with the website and searching for help threads, I finally managed to find the support wizard, which said it was a Paypal problem, and I should cancel the subscription and try again. There's no Cancel option, but I assume Suspend is what it meant, so I did that.

But now, when I try to re-purchase, the price is $2.99 per month, instead of the $29.99 per year I had been paying. Has the price just increased, and I'm out of luck? Or can I renew my subscription at the original price somehow? I checked, and there's been no problems with my card or Paypal account.

As a bit of additional feedback, the whole process has been pretty frustrating. There's no help link on the Floatplane website whatsoever, and I had been searching through the website for a while before I finally managed to find this support thread. Trying to manage the subscription was frustrating, as I had to figure out you had to click on Store on the forum page, then to see subscriptions, then spot the faded gray button to Suspend the subscription, even though the Support Wizard says to look for a Cancel option.

EDIT: Emailed, as well.

Edited by brningpyre

On 11/9/2018 at 2:54 AM, brningpyre said:

My Floatplane stopped working (subbed through the forum when it first started). After struggling with the website and searching for help threads, I finally managed to find the support wizard, which said it was a Paypal problem, and I should cancel the subscription and try again. There's no Cancel option, but I assume Suspend is what it meant, so I did that.

On the forum? There should be a cancel button next to the suspend button. I agree that they aren't nearly visible enough, and will look into changing that in a future update.

If there definitely wasn't a cancel button, I'm not sure why that's happened but can look into it.

I'll also look at adding more help on unsubscribing to the support wizard - there is an option for it when you start the wizard, but it should probably be linked to during the process too.

But now, when I try to re-purchase, the price is $2.99 per month, instead of the $29.99 per year I had been paying. Has the price just increased, and I'm out of luck? Or can I renew my subscription at the original price somehow? I checked, and there's been no problems with my card or Paypal account. 

The yearly subscription was removed, though I don't know whether it is going to be added back on the fp site. Floatplane support will be the best people to advise you further.

As a bit of additional feedback, the whole process has been pretty frustrating. There's no help link on the Floatplane website whatsoever, and I had been searching through the website for a while before I finally managed to find this support thread. Trying to manage the subscription was frustrating, as I had to figure out you had to click on Store on the forum page, then to see subscriptions, then spot the faded gray button to Suspend the subscription, even though the Support Wizard says to look for a Cancel option.

EDIT: Emailed, as well.

The floatplane wizard is also linked in the site footer here; I would recommend mentioning the lack of support resources on the fp site to fp support.

HTTP/2 203

• 3 weeks later...

@colonel_mortis @LinusTech

Edit: I send an email to the email adress at the top, couldn't find it at first.

Hi,

I have an issue with floatplane, yesterday, my subscription ended(or so I though), and I reordered it through the subscribe button. I paid with paypal, and after that, all was fine again. Until I looked at the emails from paypal this morning, one email(received 17 hours ago) stated that I paid $5.70 to Floatplane Media inc., which is weird I thought. Apparently, it transfered money twice. Once it stransfered $2.70, and then $3. But there was another email(from 9 hours ago), which stated that another $3 was transfered to Floatplane Media Inc..

So it transfered $8.70 in total. I believe that's $5.70 too much.

So I went to floatplane settings, where I found this:

2044057443_Screenshotfrom2018-11-2915-22-34.png.bf8eebef96220b0b9822030aba54a18d.png

Apparently you can order LinusTechTips package twice on the same account?

So I believe there is some bug somewhere, which needs to be fixed. Does anyone know what's going on? Why do I have 2 LinusTechTips packages? And why was I billed 3 times? And how is it even possible to order the package twice?

And also, I would really like the $5.70 back, how can I get $5.70 back?(Because FP is only $3 a month)

Thanks!

Edit:

Here my paypal screen:

2029502751_Screenshotfrom2018-11-2915-30-54.png.cc94faca033d6b08299c9461e19b0f74.png

Hi.

Since a few days floatplane.com seems to be unable to sustain a continuous stream in 1080p to my PC. The bar loads a bit, then stops and when the playback reaches it, it takes about 2 - 5 sec to continue, then stops again at the next mark. I had no problems with streaming so far until recently. Now even 720p is not continuously streaming.

PC with Windows 10 pro 1809

Firefox 63.0.3 or Google Chrome Version 70.0.3538.110

Germany, 20:00 CET local time

75 mbit downstream connection / Ping 7ms to a provider in FFM / Germany. (Measured by Ookla)

whatsmybrowser.org/b/SULBJMS

Cross-checked with YouTube and everything runs fine there.

Any known issues with the streaming providers that handle Europe?

Kind regards,

Questargon

P.S.: Direct download in 1080p is fast and maxes out my bandwidth.

UPDATE:

It's 23:00 now and floatplane video is running smoothly again. I suppose it's some kind of server load issue then. *shrugs*

Disregard this post...

CPU Ryzen 7 5800X | MoBo MSI B550 Gaming Plus | RAM 32GB Teamgroup @3600/18 | GPU EVGA RTX 3070 Ti FTW | Case Enthoo Pro M SE
PSU bq! Straight Power 11 Plat. 750W CM | Cooling Scythe Fuma 2 & 5x Corsair ML140 | Sound SB Z Retail | Storage Samsung 970 EVO 500GB
Display(s) Iiyama GB3461WQSU, Dell 24", LG 34UM95 | Keyboard Kinesis Freestyle Edge | Mouse Logitech G900 Chaos Spectrum | OS Windows 11

Not sure what I'm doing wrong, or if there are just no servers anywhere nearby, but every time I try to watch any video on Floatplane buffering the video or downloading the video is incredibly slow. On a good day I'll get a download speed of 150 kbps if I try to download a video. It seems to load faster on the forum than on Floatplane.com, but it's incredibly slow regardless and will still take me 20+ minutes to get through a video. Some videos, like the recent "Are PC Manfacturers trying to rip you off" I simply had to wait until Part 1 went up on YouTube because it's not just watchable on Floatplane. 

It's the same on both my desktop and my phone, at both work, over cellular data and on my home connection. I got a 300/300mbps connection, but videos on Floatplane specifically are just a PITA to watch.

I'm all the way in Singapore, so I'm not sure if this is a regional issue? Otherwise, is there anything I can do on my end to see if I can get this whole thing to work better?

The slow video download/video buffering is also persistent mostly throughout the day.

6 hours ago, Make.Sense said:

Not sure what I'm doing wrong, or if there are just no servers anywhere nearby,

Don't quote me on this, but I think closest to you is Australia.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

So I've connected my LTT account and Discord account from the Floatplane website, but I have neither the LGM Pilot badge nor the Floatplane.com Pilot group in discord... Thoughts?

My Build, v2.1 --- CPU: i7-8700K @ 5.2GHz/1.288v || MoBo: Asus ROG STRIX Z390-E Gaming || RAM: 4x4GB G.SKILL Ripjaws 4 2666 14-14-14-33 || Cooler: Custom Loop || GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC Black, on water || PSU: EVGA G2 850W || Case: Corsair 450D || SSD: 850 Evo 250GB, Intel 660p 2TB || Storage: WD Blue 2TB || G502 & Glorious PCGR Fully Custom 80% Keyboard || MX34VQ, PG278Q, PB278Q

Audio --- Headphones: Massdrop x Sennheiser HD 6XX || Amp: Schiit Audio Magni 3 || DAC: Schiit Audio Modi 3 || Mic: Blue Yeti

[Under Construction]

My Truck --- 2002 F-350 7.3 Powerstroke || 6-speed

My Car --- 2006 Mustang GT || 5-speed || BBK LTs, O/R X, MBRP Cat-back || BBK Lowering Springs, LCAs || 2007 GT500 wheels w/ 245s/285s

The Experiment --- CPU: i5-3570K @ 4.0 GHz || MoBo: Asus P8Z77-V LK || RAM: 16GB Corsair 1600 4x4 || Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo || GPUs: Asus GTX 750 Ti, || PSU: Corsair TX750M Gold || Case: Thermaltake Core G21 TG || SSD: 840 Pro 128GB || HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB

R.I.P. Asus X99-A motherboard, April 2016 - October 2018, may you rest in peace. 5820K, if I ever buy you a new board, it'll be a good one.

20 minutes ago, Cereal5 said:

So I've connected my LTT account and Discord account from the Floatplane website, but I have neither the LGM Pilot badge nor the Floatplane.com Pilot group in discord... Thoughts?

Idk about Discord, but does forum badge transfer over? Do we know someone who has had it working like that?

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv