Message added by colonel_mortis

For Floatplane support, please send an email to support@floatplane.com for assistance.

35 minutes ago, andrewnyr said:

I signed up to lmg on the floatplane website itself and i dont have access to floatplane forums on the ltt forum

Thats how it works. The syncing only goes from forum to site, not other way around.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

6 minutes ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

Thats how it works. The syncing only goes from forum to site, not other way around.

why tho i am paying for floatplane

8 hours ago, andrewnyr said:

why tho i am paying for floatplane

It would be much more difficult to do syncing other way around. Or that's what people developing have said. And since forum side of things is going to be closed at some point anyway. If you want the forums benefits, cancel subscription from site and do it again from here. Only difference is that forum only has PayPal as payment method.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Is floatplane down right now?

Website let's me in but I can't see any videos, floatplane link has disappeared from the forum and manually entering the URL shows a "this page is not found" error.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

I created my account on floatplane.com. How do I tie this forum account to it so I can browse the forums?

Could you guys make the player a bit bigger to take larger resolution monitors into consideration?

This makes watching while multitasking a bit off..

Thank you in advance!

floatplane.png

12 hours ago, rCrash said:

I created my account on floatplane.com. How do I tie this forum account to it so I can browse the forums?

Read my reply from above. Linking only works one way, from forums to site.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Guess this is the place to post, apologies  if not.   Been trying to create an account for the better part of a year, finally managed to find a workaround... or so I thought.   I created an account on floatplane but never received an activation email.   Saw it allowed linking to LMG, I created an account here, tried to link them but now I get an error the email address is already in use?

"The email <redacted> has already been registered for a Floatplane account, but is not connected to your forum account (?).   To enable connected login, please login to this Floateplane account normally and link the remote account through the settings area" .

There was an error at first when I tried to link them from LMG, the redirect back to Floatplane's login literally had a message "undefined error".

*confused*

7 hours ago, toor said:

Guess this is the place to post, apologies  if not.   Been trying to create an account for the better part of a year, finally managed to find a workaround... or so I thought.   I created an account on floatplane but never received an activation email.   Saw it allowed linking to LMG, I created an account here, tried to link them but now I get an error the email address is already in use?

"The email <redacted> has already been registered for a Floatplane account, but is not connected to your forum account (?).   To enable connected login, please login to this Floateplane account normally and link the remote account through the settings area" .

There was an error at first when I tried to link them from LMG, the redirect back to Floatplane's login literally had a message "undefined error".

*confused*

AFAIK forums and site have different databases. You can have accounts on both sides, but you can't directly link them. You can purchase services here and login using forum account, but this will only create temporary cookie, not actually link to account.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

5 hours ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

AFAIK forums and site have different databases. You can have accounts on both sides, but you can't directly link them. You can purchase services here and login using forum account, but this will only create temporary cookie, not actually link to account.

They are doing basic SSO with OAuth.   I'm rather surprised Floatplane has any dependency on a unique email address since the whole point of OAuth should negate that. 

I doubt LMG has a federated login or AM running though it is possible.  Short version is there are different kinds of SSO (SAML for example is another, LDAP directly etc).  What it comes down to typically is one side trusts the other for authentication / account management.  The third party (in this case Floatplane), should use a temporary ID based on the token created.  Any account actions would hit LMG's API, not stored.  It's against most sites policies to do so else you end up with Cambridge Analyticas -- companies snarfing up user data.

3 hours ago, toor said:

They are doing basic SSO with OAuth.   I'm rather surprised Floatplane has any dependency on a unique email address since the whole point of OAuth should negate that. 

When you sign in through the forum on floatplane.com, it creates an account for you there. If you don't already have an account, it will pre-populate your email address (and maybe username, I'm not sure) based on your forum account. If there is already an account associated with that email address, it won't let you create a new account because you probably meant to just link it to the old account.

16 hours ago, toor said:

*confused*

I think you should be able to request the activation email to be resent, but if you're having problems your best bet will be to email floatplanehelp@gmail.com for support.

HTTP/2 203

20 minutes ago, colonel_mortis said:

When you sign in through the forum on floatplane.com, it creates an account for you there. If you don't already have an account, it will pre-populate your email address (and maybe username, I'm not sure) based on your forum account. If there is already an account associated with that email address, it won't let you create a new account because you probably meant to just link it to the old account.

That is basically the problem.  Put another way, there's nothing to stop someone form registering known addresses on here to block the account from logging in there.

20 minutes ago, colonel_mortis said:

I think you should be able to request the activation email to be resent, but if you're having problems your best bet will be to email floatplanehelp@gmail.com for support.

Tried that :)

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/28/2017 at 9:06 AM, colonel_mortis said:

Most Floatplane issues caused by purchases through the forum can be resolved by running this support wizard.

Go to support wizard

It can help with LMG Floatplane, Bitwit Ultra, and all Contributor tiers.

If you subscribed through floatplane.com, or the wizard doesn't solve your problem, please send an email to floatplanehelp@gmail.com for support.

When creating an account I didn't receive the verification e-mail, I check the spam folder and had it recent a few times an no luck. When I attempted to start again it said an account with that e-mail is in use.

7 hours ago, Matt561 said:

When creating an account I didn't receive the verification e-mail, I check the spam folder and had it recent a few times an no luck. When I attempted to start again it said an account with that e-mail is in use.

You'll need to send an email to floatplanehelp@gmail.com for support.

HTTP/2 203

2 hours ago, colonel_mortis said:

You'll need to send an email to floatplanehelp@gmail.com for support.

Okay, thank you

Looks like my access is dead for some reason.
Paid for my sub last tuesday. Automatic payment num: I-C5NEYGRVGW8T

I'm signed in here and on FP, but if I click on LTT it asks me to sub again.

"The wheel?" "No thanks, I'll walk, its more natural" - thus was the beginning of the doom of the Human race.
Cheese monger.

28 minutes ago, Serin said:

Looks like my access is dead for some reason.
Paid for my sub last tuesday. Automatic payment num: I-C5NEYGRVGW8T

I'm signed in here and on FP, but if I click on LTT it asks me to sub again.

Please fire an email over to floatplanehelp@gmail.com

We will get you sorted! 

Just noticed this tiny problem after linking a Japanese credit card to the account. Looks like the $ sign is baked in before the price no matter what currency you're using, which is kinda strange. 

Also, what the hecc is this channel anyway? Couldn't find anything about it anywhere on the forum or google

9e1ae4902d.png

On 9/22/2018 at 10:59 AM, LinusTech said:

Please fire an email over to floatplanehelp@gmail.com

We will get you sorted! 

I got access back via the forum, but its still deadzies on the FP website. Not urgent, I'm just curious. Guessing the FP peeps don't work on weekends?

"The wheel?" "No thanks, I'll walk, its more natural" - thus was the beginning of the doom of the Human race.
Cheese monger.

33 minutes ago, Serin said:

I got access back via the forum, but its still deadzies on the FP website. Not urgent, I'm just curious. Guessing the FP peeps don't work on weekends?

24/7 support is definitely not a thing yet :P

Give us some more time! 

21 hours ago, YAHHH_GF said:

Also, what the hecc is this channel anyway? Couldn't find anything about it anywhere on the forum or google

9e1ae4902d.png

I think you can check their Youtube channel indicated above to see what type of content they do: https://www.youtube.com/techdeals

21 hours ago, YAHHH_GF said:

Thats odd. I get their YT on first result when searching. On forums its under LTT Official as Linus did collab video with them (PC built from parts bought on Chinese markets).

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

3 hours ago, LinusTech said:

24/7 support is definitely not a thing yet :P

Give us some more time! 

All good, just wanted to know.
Not like I'm going anywhere.

Carry on... :P

Cheese monger.

20 hours ago, takagi19 said:

I think you can check their Youtube channel indicated above to see what type of content they do: https://www.youtube.com/techdeals

20 hours ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

Thats odd. I get their YT on first result when searching. On forums its under LTT Official as Linus did collab video with them (PC built from parts bought on Chinese markets).

I know about Tech Deals, but they're not the channel I'm referring to. If you look at the screenshot, the creator's name is "Potet," it just shows the TechDeals banner for some reason. I checked the creator list again and it appears they removed it, maybe it's used internally to test stuff.

Hey guys, don't know if a recent update to floatplane.com has broken access to those paying through the forum? My account is still linked, but I can't access the videos there, only in the forum here.

No worries if I just need to cancel here and move over to to the payment method here now you've got PayPal support, but just seeing if it's me or if it's a general thing.