Message added by colonel_mortis

For Floatplane support, please send an email to support@floatplane.com for assistance.

not sure if it's just me, but when i try to log in on floatplane it won't let me, even though I know my info is correct and password is entered correctly, the only way to log on to watch videos is if i choose to login through the forum option.

Not much of an issue right now as i can still watch videos, but thought I would raise the issue incase it becomes a problem down the line.

6 hours ago, Angel102 said:

not sure if it's just me, but when i try to log in on floatplane it won't let me, even though I know my info is correct and password is entered correctly, the only way to log on to watch videos is if i choose to login through the forum option.

Not much of an issue right now as i can still watch videos, but thought I would raise the issue incase it becomes a problem down the line.

You have to click "more signin options", then "sign in with ltt forum", if you haven't yet set up an account on the floatplane site. Your LTT forum details aren't valid there.

HTTP/2 203

Hello, i paid for floatplane but its telling me i have no subscriptions

5 minutes ago, otrapendejada said:

Screenshot_20180729-001640.png

2 hours ago, otrapendejada said:

You have status in forums. Just try using "More sign-in options" and using LTT forum account. If that not working, clear browser cookies and try again. Or if you are already logged in, log out and try again.

Mine is working, so there isn't any larger issue going on.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

9 hours ago, otrapendejada said:

You paid through the forum, so you should have access on the forum at https://linustechtips.com/main/forum/91-the-floatplane-club/ (linked in the top nav). To access it on floatplane.com, you need to connect your LTT account with your floatplane account, which should be possible, when logged into floatplane.com, at https://www.floatplane.com/user/connections.

HTTP/2 203

19 hours ago, colonel_mortis said:

You have to click "more signin options", then "sign in with ltt forum", if you haven't yet set up an account on the floatplane site. Your LTT forum details aren't valid there.

but when i go into my account options on the actual floatplane site it shows my email and password already? It also says my forum account are already linked with no other options to change anything other than to delete it.

I also just tried to create a new account to try that, but can't because my email account is already in use on floatplane?

On 7/28/2018 at 10:25 AM, Angel102 said:

To clarify: you are able to access videos on Floatplane.com, though after tapping [More sign-in options] > [Sign in with LTT Forum], correct ?

If that's the case, things are working as intended. Floatplane will never allow users to use simply the same username/password combination for login as they do on the LTT Forum directly, even after linking, as credential data is not shared with us (only a token allowing for subscription retrieval).

If you wish to login by just username/password, try and reset the password for your Floatplane account here. You'll be able to use the set password and your Floatplane username once that is done, though the forum login option will remain as a convenience.

Just now, Yuki v~ said:

To clarify: you are able to access videos on Floatplane.com, though after tapping [More sign-in options] > [Sign in with LTT Forum], correct ?

If that's the case, things are working as-is. Floatplane will never allow users to use simply the same username/password combination for login as they do on the LTT Forum directly, even after linking, as credential data is not shared with us (only a token allowing for subscription retrieval).

If you wish to login by just username/password, try and reset the password for your Floatplane account here. You'll be able to use the set password and your Floatplane username.

No problem, and thank you both for replying on a Sunday, Yes, i can watch videos just fine when using the signin through the forum option on floatplane, just wasn't sure why I couldn't log in directly on the floatplane site itself when the details are the same, atleast on my end anyway. It's only a couple of clicks so not a problem going forward, just wasn't sure if I set something up wrong or whatever, but it's no problem if it's intended like this, thanks again.

11 minutes ago, Angel102 said:

No problem, and thank you both for replying on a Sunday, Yes, i can watch videos just fine when using the signin through the forum option on floatplane, just wasn't sure why I couldn't log in directly on the floatplane site itself when the details are the same, atleast on my end anyway. It's only a couple of clicks so not a problem going forward, just wasn't sure if I set something up wrong or whatever, but it's no problem if it's intended like this, thanks again.

Awesome, thanks! In the future, the setup phase will work a little differently, to avoid this sort of issue (will come to prod once some related goodies are done and tested, shouldn't be too long).

Hi. I visited LTX 2018 and got the overclocked pass and I have created my floatplane account with the correct email address and I have linked it with this LTT account. It has been over 2-3 days since I got the email about the floatplane and yet still haven't received my access to LTT Floatplane. Any update on this? Thanks.

Hye, can I ask for a refund? I subscribe through floatplane not knowing that you cant enter the forum if sub through that. I feel like I have been cheated. I subs before this through forum and I can open the both. I just wanna try the new website but I guess that was a mistake.

38 minutes ago, Zeiyan said:

Hye, can I ask for a refund? I subscribe through floatplane not knowing that you cant enter the forum if sub through that. I feel like I have been cheated. I subs before this through forum and I can open the both. I just wanna try the new website but I guess that was a mistake.

Email to support. Thats only way to get any refund process going.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

47 minutes ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

Email to support. Thats only way to get any refund process going.

Ah right. Didn't think of that. I'm stupid, please ignore me.

I've lost access, can't use the support wizard, and no one has got back to my email... I have been billed for floatplane, and the payment has gone though, Yet have lost access and so far it seems I cannot do anything about that... :(

Congratulations for the site guys, I have just recently came back with my subscription, and have been loving the UI, the experience and the video quality.

However Im here to report that you guys should probably look into some performance issues, Im using safari on a MacBook Pro retina 2015.

And as soon as I start browsing the site, I feel the laptop warming up and the fans ramping up, I noticed the battery percentage going down faster than when I usually browse on youtube as I usually do.

If more information is needed feel free to contact me.

14 minutes ago, JoaoDforce said:

And as soon as I start browsing the site, I feel the laptop warming up and the fans ramping up, I noticed the battery percentage going down faster than when I usually browse on youtube as I usually do.

this is likely due to the higher quality video needing more CPU power, to decode. It may also be because of how the files are compressed you may not have a hardware decoder for it. 

Also I would add what browsers. 

Good luck, Have fun, Build PC, and have a last gen console for use once a year. I should answer most of the time between 9 to 3 PST

NightHawk 3.0: R7 5700x @, B550A vision D, H105, 2x32gb Oloy 3600, Sapphire RX 6700XT  Nitro+, Corsair RM750X, 500 gb 850 evo, 2tb rocket and 5tb Toshiba x300, 2x 6TB WD Black W10 all in a 750D airflow.
GF PC: (nighthawk 2.0): R7 2700x, B450m vision D, 4x8gb Geli 2933, Strix GTX970, CX650M RGB, Obsidian 350D

Skunkworks: R5 3500U, 16gb, 500gb Adata XPG 6000 lite, Vega 8. HP probook G455R G6 Ubuntu 20. LTS

Condor (MC server): 6600K, z170m plus, 16gb corsair vengeance LPX, samsung 750 evo, EVGA BR 450.

Spirt  (NAS) ASUS Z9PR-D12, 2x E5 2620V2, 8x4gb, 24 3tb HDD. F80 800gb cache, trueNAS, 2x12disk raid Z3 stripped

PSU Tier List      Motherboard Tier List     SSD Tier List     How to get PC parts cheap    HP probook 445R G6 review

"Stupidity is like trying to find a limit of a constant. You are never truly smart in something, just less stupid."

Camera Gear: X-S10, 16-80 F4, 60D, 24-105 F4, 50mm F1.4, Helios44-m, 2 Cos-11D lavs

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, Just signed up for float plane and wanted to add a png avatar. Looks grate in editor but on the avatar it looks just black. Not sure if that because you guys don't want to support png or what but just letting you know. 

Also I'm was using firefox at the time.

Untitled.png

On 08/08/2018 at 5:28 AM, GDRRiley said:

this is likely due to the higher quality video needing more CPU power, to decode. It may also be because of how the files are compressed you may not have a hardware decoder for it. 

Also I would add what browsers. 

I would say it has more to do with the 84 request happening each time you click a video, even when just landing on the homepage takes a lot effort, they really need to work on improving this, cause at the end it will be a pain in the ass.

Hi, I tried subscribing to floatplane trough the forum but I got an email from PayPal "you automatic payment didn't work". What do I do now? I'm afraid that if I subscribe another time next month there will be a double payment.

12 minutes ago, FAB1150 said:

Hi, I tried subscribing to floatplane trough the forum but I got an email from PayPal "you automatic payment didn't work". What do I do now? I'm afraid that if I subscribe another time next month there will be a double payment.

Your recurring payment is marked as cancelled, so it shouldn't attempt to take any further payments. That means you should be safe to try again. You can also check that in your paypal account by clicking "manage payments to Linus Media Group" on the details of that payment.

HTTP/2 203

14 minutes ago, FAB1150 said:

Do you see if payment has been taken from your bank/card or does it show up in PayPal. I'm not 100% sure if PayPal still has restriction in place where you can't use balance for certain subscriptions like Floatplane. Also if there's block in your card, or this is first time you setup subscription through PayPal, you may need to contact your bank to get it sorted.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

• 2 weeks later...

I signed up to lmg on the floatplane website itself and i dont have access to floatplane forums on the ltt forum