Message added by colonel_mortis

For Floatplane support, please send an email to support@floatplane.com for assistance.

Yeah i have the same issue and is the subscription bought from floatplane.com recurring or manual per month basis?

Also wondering if signing up on the Alpha site(CC is preferred to using Paypal) will allow access to the Floatplane subforum on here. Would love to go back through all of the old FP exclusives that aren't being migrated over to the new site. Thanks in advance for any help.

I purchased a subscription on FloatPlane.com and would also like to know if I'll get access to the FP section of the forum. I sent an e-mail to floatplanehelp@gmail.com last week but I haven't heard back yet. I know everyone's super busy especially with the alpha launch so it's no problem, just figured I'd post here as well.

Thanks!

4 hours ago, Mattex said:

I purchased a subscription on FloatPlane.com and would also like to know if I'll get access to the FP section of the forum. I sent an e-mail to floatplanehelp@gmail.com last week but I haven't heard back yet. I know everyone's super busy especially with the alpha launch so it's no problem, just figured I'd post here as well.

Thanks!

No, because the forum is the legacy version the permissions only carry one way. Going forwards, everything posted on the forum should also be posted on the new site though.

HTTP/2 203

2 hours ago, colonel_mortis said:

No, because the forum is the legacy version the permissions only carry one way. Going forwards, everything posted on the forum should also be posted on the new site though.

Thanks for the info! Will the old videos be moved over eventually as well? I was hoping to binge through the old FP vlogs. If they won't I'll try and set up a FP forum subscription instead of renewing so I can go through them.

1 hour ago, Mattex said:

Thanks for the info! Will the old videos be moved over eventually as well? I was hoping to binge through the old FP vlogs. If they won't I'll try and set up a FP forum subscription instead of renewing so I can go through them.

Right now we don't have an easy way to do this without burying all the new content.... But once things ease up a little bit I think we could try to find a way to dump the older exclusives over there. 

I haven't been able to login to floatplane.com since the Alpha...  send in email.. no response.

Tried hard reload, password reset etc.  Any ideas?

1 hour ago, neuropilot said:

I haven't been able to login to floatplane.com since the Alpha...  send in email.. no response.

Tried hard reload, password reset etc.  Any ideas?

So, just to be clear, you can access the videos here, but not through the new site?

If so, then please just leave the email in the queue. We WILL get to it, but it might take a little while. In the meantime, there's nothing over there that you don't already have over here.

3 minutes ago, LinusTech said:

So, just to be clear, you can access the videos here, but not through the new site?

If so, then please just leave the email in the queue. We WILL get to it, but it might take a little while. In the meantime, there's nothing over there that you don't already have over here.

Yes. I can get the videos here, but not through the new site.

Just spoke to Luke, after posting earlier...  I'll wait on the email response. Thanks!

I just made an account over at floatplane, and I'm having a couple issues I'll post here as feedback for devs. 

1) When I go to 'settings' and 'billing', it says 'loading' for about a minute, then it says 'Error'

2) I'm sometimes getting 521-ed "Web server is down"

Cheers

I logged into FloatPlane for the first time this afternoon, explored a bit and found the following screen (left it to load for several minutes as I spun up screen grab). It should be noted that I'd not yet subscribed to any channel, and the design may be such that data is presented here ONLY after credit card information is collected, I'd advise that to promote user confidence in the platform, they should be able to enter and modify CC details from their account settings, rather than requiring them to pause in the subscription workflow, to enter CC details - that is to say, users need to be able to enter their initial CC details here, at all times, if for no other reason than to engender confidence that they'll be able to modify them from here in the future.floatplane-bug-billing.thumb.png.06f30ec86615f429db58bb1ea053e151.png

I can't watch any Floatplane content at all on my home network. Doesn't work on forum site, doesn't work on Floatplane alpha.  I know it must be my network because I can watch content just fine over LTE.  Floatplane appears to be the only video playback service affected and this problem started for me with the launch of the Alpha and has only gotten worse since.  I have emailed support a couple of times as my situation has progressed, just looking for any advice in the meantime.

Hello there,

Recently signed up for floatplane and have been able to access the content on the floatplane alpha site for a couple days. Today however it seems to have ceased. When visiting the site it is stating I need to subscribe and pay again for access (I am logged in correctly). 

I attempted the FP support troubleshooter as well as the script at the beginning of this thread. Both failed. 

To clarify, I can access the videos through this forum just fine, just not the alpha site.

Just now, DogKnight said:

Hello there,

Recently signed up for floatplane and have been able to access the content on the floatplane alpha site for a couple days. Today however it seems to have ceased. When visiting the site it is stating I need to subscribe and pay again for access (I am logged in correctly). 

I attempted the FP support troubleshooter as well as the script at the beginning of this thread. Both failed. 

To clarify, I can access the videos through this forum just fine, just not the alpha site.

If you log out and back in, it should work. The Floatplane team is aware, and I think it should be fixed fairly soon.

HTTP/2 203

22 minutes ago, colonel_mortis said:

If you log out and back in, it should work. The Floatplane team is aware, and I think it should be fixed fairly soon.

And that worked. Cheers. 

On 3/9/2018 at 3:30 PM, randcomm said:

I logged into FloatPlane for the first time this afternoon, explored a bit and found the following screen (left it to load for several minutes as I spun up screen grab). It should be noted that I'd not yet subscribed to any channel, and the design may be such that data is presented here ONLY after credit card information is collected, I'd advise that to promote user confidence in the platform, they should be able to enter and modify CC details from their account settings, rather than requiring them to pause in the subscription workflow, to enter CC details - that is to say, users need to be able to enter their initial CC details here, at all times, if for no other reason than to engender confidence that they'll be able to modify them from here in the future.

I have the same issue. I can't use the new site to pay, just get a screen that says "Loading", then it eventually says Error:

*Edit* OK, I think I see how to pay. You have to go to creators, and then click the one you want. The billing page should probably not just say Error when you don't have any subscriptions, but this is in alpha stages from what I understand so the more bug reports we file the better it'll get!

image.png.80ba52efbebc61ab34361666fed27b0e.png

I'm able to log in and view videos, but I'm having serious buffering problems.  Even at 480p the videos quite often stall in bringing down the content.  If the video gets to a point where it needs to buffer, it never seems to recover and I wind up having to refresh the tab and start playback all over.  I've tried pausing the video when it's getting close to the buffer and that works in short bursts, but if I navigate away from the tab and come back after a minute or so, all buffer is lost and I'm looking at the thumbnail instead of the point in the video where I was.  This also only seems fixable by refreshing the tab and starting over.  The overall buffering behavior seems really inconsistent.  I've had videos that fully buffered in less than thirty seconds and that I could watch to completion without a problem, but I've had more where the buffering simply seems to stall out.

I'm viewing the Website on Safari with a MacBook Pro and I've verified with speedtest.net that I'm consistently pulling 100mb+ down, so I don't think it's anything on my end.  Is this a known issue that you're working on or is it new?

40 minutes ago, digdougATL said:

I'm viewing the Website on Safari with a MacBook Pro and I've verified with speedtest.net that I'm consistently pulling 100mb+ down, so I don't think it's anything on my end.  Is this a known issue that you're working on or is it new?

From past experiences this could be ISP/location related issue or even time dependant. Like when new video is released, site/server gets spike in usage which has in past resulted low loading speeds and buffering. Are you located in area where FPM might not have server? Like Middle East, Africa, South America or Central/South-East Asia? I think they have servers in NA, Australia and EU.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

I'm located in the US.  I can try different times of day.  I can also try using TunnelBear to Canada and see if that makes a difference.

1 hour ago, digdougATL said:

I'm located in the US.  I can try different times of day.  I can also try using TunnelBear to Canada and see if that makes a difference.

Sounds like ISP throttling service for some reason. My previous Uni supplied ISP had same. Download worked best, otherwise it was buffer like crazy. No issues on the three I've had within past year.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

On 3/2/2018 at 5:36 PM, colonel_mortis said:

If you send an email to floatplanehelp@gmail.com, Luke will be able to advise you on what your options are.

I did on March 9 and haven't got a reply yet, just as an update, I will send reminders every once in a while and see if I get a response.

Not sure why but I have LMG Pilot on my name twice. No rush just bugs me a little aha

See my Build here!

Intel 6700k -  Strix GTX 1080Ti - Corsair AX760 - Corsair Dominator 16GB 3000MHz - ASUS Maximus VIII Hero

Seagate Barracuda 1TB -  Samsung 120GB 840 - Samsung 840 EVO 250GB - Corsair H100i - Corsair Air 540 White -

Corsair AF120 - 2x Noctua NF-F12 - 3 x Noctua NF-S12

Dell S2417DG - Dell UH2515H 

33 minutes ago, IAcKI said:

Not sure why but I have LMG Pilot on my name twice. No rush just bugs me a little aha

Fixed.

HTTP/2 203

1 minute ago, colonel_mortis said:

Fixed.

Thank you very much!

See my Build here!

Intel 6700k -  Strix GTX 1080Ti - Corsair AX760 - Corsair Dominator 16GB 3000MHz - ASUS Maximus VIII Hero

Seagate Barracuda 1TB -  Samsung 120GB 840 - Samsung 840 EVO 250GB - Corsair H100i - Corsair Air 540 White -

Corsair AF120 - 2x Noctua NF-F12 - 3 x Noctua NF-S12

Dell S2417DG - Dell UH2515H